Merchant continues batch processing w/LS
    Why does one of my merchants insist on batch processing? The merchant tells me that they need to get credit card approval first. But I would rather have real time transaction reporting instead of waiting days for them to send it through Linkshare. It can take 2-3 days for transactions to finally report. Can they easily alter that info before they send it through delayed? How easy would it be for the merchant to change the setting to allow transactions to report as they happen. They could subsequently cancel the transaction as they would if there is a credit card decline so I don't quite get what's the downside. What is the merchant's motivation and why would they continue to batch process?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Answer: One of my merchant client's manually checks every online order before shipping. Over 8 years, and several hundred thousand transactions, they have had only 6 reversals for fraud.

I too prefer real time reporting as an affiliate since I never send junk traffic. But I put up with batch merchants who do not wash sales with house cookies or rely upon couponers and BHO's for the majority of affiliate sales. Then I don't paly the PPCSE game and don't need stats every day to gage campaigns.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

All LinkShare merchants batch process. Some send batches as frequently as every 15 minutes, though.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thanks for the info, I did not realize that all LS batch process. Do you know if performance incentives kick in automatically when a sales level is reached and retroactively change the earlier commissions. For example, if first $5,000 in sales is at 5% and then more than $5000 is at 10% will all the commissions double from the first day of the month and show in the commission report. I know with CJ there was a two-three month delay in seeing & receiving those incentives. How does LS do it?

Tiered commissions are reflected on the first of the following month and are included when that month's invoice is paid. Bonuses are usually manually entered about 2-3 months after the end of the month/quarter, to allow for returns.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread