Action Jackson - King of the World
    fishingbooksandvideos.com
    Looks like they have an affiliate link to Alibris? Note they go by the name of Striped Ostrich at SaS

I was just at that site today looking around and saw some other issues.

A few of their "Popular Searches" links lead to either pages with items they don't sell or to pages with AdSense links on them.

Hi guys, I am with FishingBooksAndVideos.com (formerly known as Striped Ostrich). I had affiliate links to alibris long before I set up an affiliate program with SAS, and it just didn't strike me at the time that it's a bad idea to have both. The links are long gone, after someone brought it to my attention.

adSense? I never used it.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    You just noticed this thread or did it take you this long to correct the issues?

The former. I just remembered about this forum after being absent for a few years. Alibris links have been gone for a few years now. I used to put them up temporarily on product pages when I am out of stock. Then when we started with SAS I got an angry email from an affiliate, so I removed them. Even though they would only show up when we run out of stock, so no one would lose any commissions anyway. But I understand it looks fishy from affiliate's point of view

Even though they would only show up when we run out of stock, so no one would lose any commissions anyway.
    Actually, the affiliate does lose a commission by sending traffic to somebody who doesn't have the item in stock instead of to somebody who does. And the "vendor" who doesn't have the item in stock gets a commission on a sale to a customer that was referred by the affiliate. That's why affiliates don't like this type of "leak"; it's a hijack of their hard-won traffic.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread