I don't quite understand. Help!
    So, I've been a member of CJ for about a week now. Something is confusing the life out of me. I know for a fact that I've made more commission than shows up my "pending" status on the publisher's home. In fact, I clicked my own ad and made a sale this morning (I need the service anyway). Is this because one of the affiliates has just not alerted CJ of my sales at this point? Does it take about a week or two or something? I'm still not sure how this works, but it's alarming because it makes me think that I didn't do something right (even though I followed the directions as precisely as possible).

Any feedback or help is welcomed. Thanks.

It's possible that the merchant you've signed up with works with batch processing to upload any new data. My understanding is that this can happen multiple times a day, to only once a month or so, depending on the merchant.

There are other possible causes, but I'll leave them out as they'll only serve to cause panic-chaos-paranoia-general anarchy..

You can check whether the merchant you're with uses batch processing through their CJ information page. There's a section (usually under the paragraph or two that the merchant provides describing their program), that says: "Batch Processing:No (or yes)"

Hope that helps.

If it's an error, it's not an error on my part. Hey, it's just a link, so I got that much right.

"Batch Processing: No" means that the merchant manually credits?

So my commissions could be in the queue for manual credit?

Hi george122,

If your clicks are tracking I think you should be ok... Just be patient... Also, if you purchased a product through one of your links, some of the merchants do not allow that and might not give you credit for it... I might be wrong on that though?

Love You,
    HumbleFish

Does it usually take more than a few days to get commission?

For it to show up in the online reporting? It depends on the merchant.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by george122
    Does it usually take more than a few days to get commission?
    Like Michael stated, that's all dependent on the merchant, and how they process the sales.

Some of the merchants I'm signed up with have transactions that post within a 2-3 hour timeframe. Another one doesn't post sales (at least it seems) around a 24 hour period, usually at the same time of day.

Probably the easiest way to find out when your sales go through is to contact the affiliate manager.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread