Close to Mother's Day - Are Your Sales Better or Worse than Usual?
    Just curious. I'm sure there are certain products that sell better since Mother's Day is nearing. However, I wonder how badly sales of some "non-Mother's Day" products are affected?

Hope that makes sense.

How do you fare?

I see an increase in certain categories but not a decrease in others. This time of year is pretty good for me really...all around. These days the traditional flowers and beauty products are easily shoved aside for that new ipod mom's been wanting.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Definitely an increase (both in number of sales and volume/monetary value of each sale) comparing to the month before.

Geno

ABW Ambassador
    The non Mother's Day stuff pretty steady if not up a little. Of course the flowers, perfume, chocolate, personalized gift stuff etc. will see a nice increase. My mom likes to read so it's usually books.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    The non Mother's Day stuff pretty steady if not up a little. Of course the flowers, perfume, chocolate, personalized gift stuff etc...
    We notice a particular upraise of personalized gifts sales due to the graduations that are coming. Not for the Mother's Day tho'. Chocolate, dolls, bells, etc - yes...

A couple of chocolate offers are doing well for us. Who doesn't need chocolate?

Thanks for the replies, guys (and gal).

I guess with the niche I'm in, and with it still being somewhat new, that it hasn't really caught on as a Mother's Day type of gift. Welp, maybe someday in the future...

Thanks again!

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread