Angry A Year & Restaurant.com Still Not Paying
    March 16
    Good Morning Leann,

Tara and I recently took over management of Restaurant.coms CJ Affiliate program, though still talking to affiliates about their internal program as well.

Are you having issues with billing from their INTERNAL program? I do know this particular program is not on auto-pilot and invoices are generated manually. What other questions do you have?

Wed be happy to help!

Blagica-
    ----------------------
    My Response:
    On 3/17/06 2:23 PM
    > Hi Blagica,
    > Thank you for contacting me about the Restaurant.com affiliate program.
    > xxxxx has had an outstanding commission balance with the internal
    > program for quite some time now. What I would like to do (and tried to do in
    > the past) was settle up on the internal program and begin new with the CJ
    > program. The internal programs terms changed every time I was contacted by
    > someone there and to be blunt, I no longer felt they were taking care of
    > xxxxx as an affiliate because they failed to ever pay any of the
    > commissions earned.
    >
    > I stopped authorizing the Restaurant.com banners to be placed on the site
    > until something could be settled.
    >
    > If you could arrange for them to pay the outstanding commissions earned I
    > would be happy to give the company a try once again. I never promoted them
    > aggressively on the site because of the commission problems.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    > Leeann

3/21
    Her Response:

Hi Leann,

Our main contact was out on vacation and I will forward this to them ASAP.

We appreciate your patience! Stick with us, awesome things are on the
    horizon!

Blagica and Tara

My Response
    On 4/13/06 4:01 AM
    > Hello,
    > I still have not heard anything about the status of the payment due to me.
    > This is pretty much what happened before when I tried to get information.
    > I'm not sure what the problem is or why I can't get paid but it makes me
    > skeptical about promoting the program you offer anymore than I already have.
    >
    > Thanks again,
    > Leeann

4/16 Her Response

Hi Leeann,

I was out traveling last week, but updated Tara on what you're seeing on your end. The Restaurant.com team is aware of the need to reconcile invoices internally and are working with their finance team to accomplish this.

Thanks for your patience!
    Blagica & Tara

------------------------

Still no payment. They got paid from customers I sent them but will not pay me my commissions. Totally sucks. I'm done with them.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Restaurant.com never paid you via CJ?

I have promoted them for about a year and always got paid!

They never paid me through their internal program. I haven't promoted them at CJ because of the problems w/ the internal program not paying.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Quote Originally Posted by leeann
    They never paid me through their internal program. I haven't promoted them at CJ because of the problems w/ the internal program not paying.
    ahhh...ok

that's pretty cruddy of them!

Yikes. What a run-around.

Show 'em this thread. When they realize how many people visit this forum, they might have second thoughts about playing games.

Good luck, Leeann.

Question
    I promote them only via search links at amazon.com. Is there any gain by going with CJ? I know now not to worry about the in house program.

Their in-house program has always been neglected. I've had no problems on CJ.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

We shall see. I appreciate your efforts Michael but I have little faith in Restaurant.com regardless of if their CJ program is together or not. I suspect it's just "together" for those who are paying close attention. As far as I'm concerned their performance is totally lacking if they can't pay people who signed up with them in good faith in-house. It's companies like this that will close down their progam and leave everyone without a check.
    leeann

Leann,

I have sent you an email - hopefully that will help. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance, and I apologize for the delay in response!

~Tara

I appreciate the email, however what I would appreciate most is a check from restaurant.com. I know you are with CJ and have no real control what the in-house program does or doesn't do but the bottom line is, I can live without promoting a company which fails to pay and fails to communicate with their affiliates. I am at least glad to hear the CJ program is paying and answering emails. It won't help me, but at least other affiliates won't be taken advantage of to the degree I have experienced. By the way, as of tonight no one has been in touch with me as you suggested was in the works in your email earlier today. Maybe tomorrow? Doesn't matter to me anymore really other than I think it's a really horrible way to do business. I wrote it off as a loss months ago and simply won't promote the company no matter who has the program (unless I am paid). I'm sure you can understand why I would take this position. Thanks again.
    leeann

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I've had no problems on CJ.
    Same here - no problems through CJ.

I'm glad to hear people aren't having problems w/ the CJ program, but the company is screwing those who promoted their in-house program. If they do that in-house, isn't just a matter of time before it happens at CJ?
    leeann

Tara (Restaurant.com CJ) contacted me and said a check was cut. This is good news! I'm glad there are "Tara's" out there to fight for the affiliate in times like this. I'll post when the check arrives.
    leeann

Yes...Please post when a check comes...I stopped promoting them because of this thread. Actually, I might just not promote them anymore...As a black man, my people's been through slavery...And working for merchants not to get paid makes me extra sore...lol

Quote Originally Posted by melty
    Yes...Please post when a check comes...I stopped promoting them because of this thread. Actually, I might just not promote them anymore...As a black man, my people's been through slavery...And working for merchants not to get paid makes me extra sore...lol
    Oh I for sure will post it. It isn't my intention to slam a company who pays. Maybe this is a good lesson for me -- a company is only as good as it's affiliate managers.
    leeann

Leeann,

Thanks for the vote of confidence! Please keep me posted and let me know if you do not get the check within the next couple of weeks.

Thanks again!

Thanks to Michael Coley and the CJ Restaurant AMs, I got the check today. It's a little short compared to my numbers, but after such a long time period that doesn't surprise me. At least I got it! Thanks everyone, who helped!
    leeann

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread