Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Angry I can't Believe this - Beyond a Joke Now!
    I have had a problem with two datafeeds from the same company through BeFree. The links are sent to "Out of Stock" pages (90%)

I have sent these two well known merchants hundreds of my visitors, I have optimized the website for these merchants and spent a lot of time on the SEO to bring them in sales. Last month (my first month) I made quite a few sales for them and sent them many customers. But this month I have had basically nothing since the problem started at the beginning of the month but I have sent them nearly 1,000 visitors for about 1 lousy sale which must have been one of the few products that are not going to the "Out of Stock" Pages. Their own website catalogs have all the summer range but the datafeeds have all the old winter range even though these datafeeds are been updated each day by the merchants?

I contacted BeFree & the merchant about 3 - 4 weeks ago and BeFree told me they would let them know. I herd nothing back from them or the merchant so I sent an email to the merchant and they got back to me to say they had a problem with their system and they would let me know when they fix it.

I waited patiently for two weeks and nothing!

I then sent them another email & waited 5-6 days and still nothing, I then called them making International toll calls and I was put on to an answer phone each time after been sent through about 3 - 5 different departments. I called twice and left a polite message on the answer phone out-lining my issue and asked for someone to contact me and I left several different contact methods, 4 -5 days later still nothing, I also contacted Befree and told them all this about 3 - 5 days ago and again NOTHING?

What is going on PLEASE, someone please help as I don't know what to do anymore and my website traffic is starting to go backwards. Then there is many unhappy visitors been sent to these error pages by the merchant! This is the most frustrating and stressful thing I have ever gone though in this business and I have never witnessed such arrogance in my entire life by a company I have helped to make money for.

I have some suspicions now that they are doing this on purpose since I'm topping these merchants on the search engines and coming in as no1 in most of the brands they stock. I have not used any methods to get these ranking besides submitting my w3 validated website home page and sitemap to Google, MSN & Yahoo I have not used anything else including Adwords etc.

It is really annoying as I finally thought I was going to finally start to make a small income from the work I have put into this over the last 2 years and then I get this.

ABW Ambassador
    The great thing about this business is you can choose who you partner with. This merchant seems a bit clueless or lazy and doesn't keep the feeds up to date. Move on to ones that do.

ABW Ambassador
    I have now added other merchants which now covers most of the site where before they had about 50% of my audience but now about 2%, I still get many visitors looking for their products though which is what hacks me off.

It's a shame that little affiliates can't do much in this business but make a small complaint and then take cover. We need a voice or union or something as we have no options and have to take all this crap and put up with been treated like this, pushed around and put up with whatever the merchants want to do. If we become too good at what we do or beat them in SEO then they will treat us like this.

I was hoping for more support but it looks like I ain't gonna get that here so I guess my only option is to put up with it and let them treat me like this or find other merchants until they do the same thing.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    I was hoping for more support but it looks like I ain't gonna get that here so I guess my only option is to put up with it and let them treat me like this or find other merchants until they do the same thing.
    Bolded option is it. Sad and creates more work but the way it is.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    Support? What do you want affiliates to do? Update the feed for the merchant? You didn't even mention who the merchants are. If you did, some other affiliates who have the same merchants would be made aware of the problem and could email or call them.

ABW Ambassador
    Well I wasn't sure if its a good idea to name names but the merchants are Elisabeth.com & Liz Claiborne which are owned by Liz Claiborne Inc. I did post about this about a month ago when it first happened and only one affiliate replied and they had some issues too but after that I never herd from them again.

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah it's ok to name names. That way you'll let other affiliates know who have feeds with the same merchants. Some affiliates have lots of sites and can't check all the links all the time.

ABW Ambassador
    ok thanks, maybe someone could download the datafeed from Befree for these merchants to see what I mean . It would be appareciated.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    ok thanks, maybe someone could download the datafeed from Befree for these merchants to see what I mean . It would be appareciated.
    Those who get their feed already know it sucks (or will, after reading this thread). And in any case, some merchants have lousy feeds, and one that's 6 months out of date is hardly the worst one I've seen...

But as for Elizabeth's specifically, I had no luck with them (they were one of my worst converters) so I quit paying attention to them years ago. I'd have to check to see if they're even in my account anymore!

*checks my merchant list*

Nope, not there. I must've fired 'em.

I say, hit drop or slap 'em on some back page and forget 'em. But don't waste your neurons worrying about them. Apparel places are (way too) plentiful--pick another.

As for your existing Liz pages, if you don't want to delete 'em (I know it's painful to delete pages that are ranking), stick some AdSense on 'em and then at least maybe you'll make something off the pissed-off searchers who hit "Back" when they see the out-of-stock page!

ABW Ambassador
    thanks leader for the helpful feedback and ideas, this sounds like some good advice and will look at doing these things this week.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Affiliate Manager
    I can't Believe this - Beyond a Joke Now!
    Hi,

I just read the string of complaints regarding Liz Claiborne affiliate program. I wanted to let you know that we have just migrated our affiliate marketing in-house and have also moved to Linkshare for both Liz Claiborne and Elisabeth.

I understand all the frustration with broken links and banners that were not updated. I ensure you that it was not that we didn't care, and hope that these changes will fix all the issues we had previously.

If you have any questions or further issues, please feel free to email us directly at affiliates@liz.com and I will do my best to work it out.

Thank you so much,
    Katia Corbo

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Small consolation your Liz Claiborne management would finally want to become responsible for compensating value-add affiliate sales efforts by firing their 3rd party AM Adwhores pimping for the BHO's and cookie stuffers. NONE of your real affiliates ever were compensated for targeted traffic and extra efforts for showcase your brand. What makes your move to LS grounds for claiming a program turn-around. LS is infested with the same cookie cannon players killing your CJ program.

You'd best adopt 4th click free GoldenCan.com creatives, update feeds, report 100% of referral sales, and drop all forced click affiliate partnerships or your original program management has successfully killed off any rebirth chances. Your management should have seen this coming years ago when they saw commission checks going out to thousands of affiliates dwindle down to just SERP spamming couponers, browser spamming BHO's, and other forms of Super Affiliate scumbags, who never once had domain pages devoted to Liz Claiborne products.

I've always said a programs health is measured by the number of checks they cut to affiliates ... not the size of the checks.
    Last edited by ecomcity; August 21st, 2006 at 02:20 PM.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Katia Liz
    Hi,

I understand all the frustration with broken links and banners that were not updated. I ensure you that it was not that we didn't care, and hope that these changes will fix all the issues we had previously.

If you have any questions or further issues, please feel free to email us directly at affiliates@liz.com and I will do my best to work it out.

Thank you so much,
    Katia Corbo
    You ignore all requests from affiliates and you want them to believe that "it was not that we didn't care?" Puhleeze...

If you want to turn your program around, you might consider hosting a forum on ABW and open an honest dialogue and address each and every issue. Put yourself in the shoes of an affiliate. Your company has caused a lot of damage in the affiliate community. It's up to your company to right your wrongs. Simply changing networks certainly will not accomplish that.

ABW Ambassador
    We'll also need an answer how the technical issues with the leak between the sites will be solved

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=77221

ABW Ambassador
    >>>I've always said a programs health is measured by the number of checks they cut to affiliates ... not the size of the checks.

?WHAT?

Perhaps we should have a Mike-to-English dictionary for the benefit of newcomers who draw his ire.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

15 years and counting
    My best performers are merchants with few affiliates cutting HUGE checks.

Quote Originally Posted by NoWires
    Perhaps we should have a Mike-to-English dictionary for the benefit of newcomers who draw his ire.
    I know a couple of publishers...and will be happy to buy a copy..

ABW Ambassador
    Hello, this thread was from several months ago and since then I replaced most of my links with the Goldencan datafeed and coupons which seem to resolve to the correct pages now. Even though I felt let down by your program management back then I did hear from you eventually and appreciated the explanation and would like to give it another try.

So I have signed up for the Elisabeth program and waiting for approval on LinkShare but I do not see the Liz Claiborne program which may have something to do with my location so please look into this.

I would also like to know:

if you will have Goldencan integration on LS?
    if you will have datafeeds available?
    how long till the Befree links expire and you close there?

I looked on your website to find details on your in-house program but could not find these? I did find the company page to be looking strange though so you might like to look into that with your design department as some images & text etc were distorted.... Is anyone else seeing that?: http://www.lizclaiborneinc.com/default.asp both in ff & ie.

I don't know much about this adware issue but I agree that this is a series problem with this industry and I would highly recommend you address this issue with the utmost importance. I also agree that having your own board here on the forum would be a big step forward in improving relations with your affiliates.

please either post here, pm or email me with details on these questions, thanks

ABW Ambassador
    I'm still waiting to hear what happens when people go to the plus size page on the lizclaiborne.com site and are told they're leaving the site (going to elisabeth.com and that it's a different cart and items in the cart won't be saved. SO - if they arrive at lizclaiborne.com from our site and leave to go to elisabeth.com - our link was to the first site - not the one they're leaving to go to. The other site is a separate program - different cookies, yes?

IMHO it's goodbye commission, with two sites, sending traffic to the other and separate carts. I realize it's a technical issue, but from an affiliate's perspective getting done out of commission for traffic sent to a merchant is an ethical/honesty issue (since we are supposed to be paid per the agreement) and a financial issue.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    You ignore all requests from affiliates and you want them to believe that "it was not that we didn't care?" Puhleeze...

If you want to turn your program around, you might consider hosting a forum on ABW and open an honest dialogue and address each and every issue. Put yourself in the shoes of an affiliate. Your company has caused a lot of damage in the affiliate community. It's up to your company to right your wrongs. Simply changing networks certainly will not accomplish that.
    Unfortunately my team just took over the program and migrated in July, so I personally I have not ignored all requests. As I said we had a third party managing the program. Again, I apologize and am sorry you feel the way you do, and wish I could fix the past, but I cannot.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    I'm still waiting to hear what happens when people go to the plus size page on the lizclaiborne.com site and are told they're leaving the site (going to elisabeth.com and that it's a different cart and items in the cart won't be saved. SO - if they arrive at lizclaiborne.com from our site and leave to go to elisabeth.com - our link was to the first site - not the one they're leaving to go to. The other site is a separate program - different cookies, yes?

IMHO it's goodbye commission, with two sites, sending traffic to the other and separate carts. I realize it's a technical issue, but from an affiliate's perspective getting done out of commission for traffic sent to a merchant is an ethical/honesty issue (since we are supposed to be paid per the agreement) and a financial issue.
    When someone clicks through the Jump page to Liz or Elis from either site, it will only be tracked and commission given if you are part of both programs. Unfortunately it is a technical issue that Linkshare has advised cannot be fixed since they are separate sites and have separate accounts. However, if you are a part of both programs, it will work. I would love it to work another way, but I am not given that option.

Affiliate Manager
    Hello, this thread was from several months ago and since then I replaced most of my links with the Goldencan datafeed and coupons which seem to resolve to the correct pages now. Even though I felt let down by your program management back then I did hear from you eventually and appreciated the explanation and would like to give it another try.

So I have signed up for the Elisabeth program and waiting for approval on LinkShare but I do not see the Liz Claiborne program which may have something to do with my location so please look into this.

I would also like to know:

if you will have Goldencan integration on LS?
    if you will have datafeeds available?
    how long till the Befree links expire and you close there?

I looked on your website to find details on your in-house program but could not find these? I did find the company page to be looking strange though so you might like to look into that with your design department as some images & text etc were distorted.... Is anyone else seeing that?: http://www.lizclaiborneinc.com/default.asp both in ff & ie.

I don't know much about this adware issue but I agree that this is a series problem with this industry and I would highly recommend you address this issue with the utmost importance. I also agree that having your own board here on the forum would be a big step forward in improving relations with your affiliates.

please either post here, pm or email me with details on these questions, thanks
    Please send me your email address and I will make sure that you are accepted into the programs and get all the information you need.

Thank you for the call out on the company page, I will look into it.

Lastly, I will set up a forum as advised. I appreciate the advice and information and will do my best to improve our program going forward.

Thank you!

ABW Ambassador
    Please send me your email address and I will make sure that you are accepted into the programs and get all the information you need.
    I have sent you a pm with my details thanks.

Lastly, I will set up a forum as advised. I appreciate the advice and information and will do my best to improve our program going forward.
    I wish you good luck with the new program management and it looks like your making some much needed improvements for the better.

ABW Ambassador
    glinted, Katia has only a few posts and may not be able to get PMs yet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast