Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CJ reporting messed up???
    Is anyone seeing whacky click numbers? The clicks registering with CJ are WAYYY different than what is happening?? I understand all about the normal delay times and such. But my numbers and CJ's aren't even remotely close. I am referring to clicks primarily. The fact that my sales stink for the past 3 days is another issue..

Thanks
    The best things in life are not things at all...

No, it seems to be working fine for me.

I agree, my transactions seem to be way off since april 27th. This morning 300 bucks worth of pending commissions appeared in my account. I login a few hours later and they're gone?

I have seen a 50% drop since the first of May.
    Need eBooks ? [URL=http://www.softebooks.com]We gott'em[/URL]:escape:<br>

ABW Ambassador
    Are you guys talking about this:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=73350

I agree with ticketguyz, this needs to be a sticky for this forum.

Things have not been right with cj since the end of april. Clicks don't seem to be reporting correctly. A couple of outages have happened during this time, and sales seem to have been lost.

ABW Ambassador
    How many clicks are you used to averaging a day?

90-120 clicks a day....Consistent for 6 weeks.

After 27th went down to 60. Double checked affiliate links, pid number etc

There are reporting issues on some accounts, too many folks have voiced concerns about this.

ABW Ambassador
    How about traffic to your site? Did that drop on the 27th too? 90-120 clicks a day down to 60. Just not enough there. Have you clicked on your links and are they showing up? Have you done any test purchases? What was your conversion rate when you were getting 90 - 120 clicks?

My story
    3000+ clicks per day
    Down to
    2200+/- clicks per day

Sales 320 + per day
    Down to
    169 +/- per day

Could be the season.... But I didn't see this last year... but I also did not see $3+ per gallon on fuel either and gold topping out over $700 an oz. Let's face it the dollar is slipping and it will show in all areas.

For me It all started the last part of April, it could also be a coincidence. Time will tell until then we just persue other avenues.
    Need eBooks ? [URL=http://www.softebooks.com]We gott'em[/URL]:escape:<br>

ABW Ambassador
    affiliate marketing used to be so simple several years ago. the more traffic you get, the greater are the clickthroughs and the greater the sales.

now it's not anymore.

even with increasing traffic, the clickthroughs are eroding, and so are the sales.

and i don't buy the "this is a down month" excuse. my products are widely diversified and i've been in AM for a long time. i only believe in market shifting, where consumers go for what's in for the month.

i don't blame cj entirely, as other networks (exceptions apply) have been hit with varying degrees. and it is not my intention to stagnate on the blame game. my intention is to look for answers. and you can't find it unless you recognize that there is a problem and identify what the problem is.

ABW Ambassador
    Exactly. When I see my clicks are down, something is wrong at CJ. That's just not enough info to go on. That's why I asked more questions. There are times when CJ has had problems, reporting delays, other stuff. And usually you'll see long threads with lots of people seeing the same thing.

Other examples:
    Someone said Shoes.com was screwing them or CJ was screwing them and after the affiliate manager took a look it was found out it was something the affiliate was doing with their links.

There was also a time sales were off for Shoes.com and others were seeing the same thing. Turned out there was a problem with the tracking pixel on the checkout page.

I was having problems with LNT and asked how others were doing. Others thought there might be a problem too. Turned out there was a tracking problem.

I've seen threads before with clicks are down it must CJ and then after asking more questions it turned out to be something else. It's why I asked if the traffic to his site dropped. And nothing personal but sometimes affiliates have very little traffic so it's hard to judge if there is a problem. There is no shortage of reasons why something is not going right. CJ is one reason and there are plenty of more.

So for this one, who knows. Some think there is a problem. I don't see one, Money Business in post #2 said: "No, it seems to be working fine for me."

And like I said there have been times reporting has been messed up or some other problems. And usually it's followed by lots of affiliates seeing the same thing.

ABW Ambassador
    amazing that you gave shoes.com as an example.

i had great success with them before when things were so simple. back then, they were converting regularly. now, they seldom do. maybe they still convert for me, it's just that the sales are being reported in another's account. (and don't tell me they don't happen, because they do)

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, I've posted before seeing sales showing up in my account with SIDs attached that weren't mine or sales from a merchant I didn't have on my site. That was around the time of that messed up upgrade last September. But I haven't seen that in awhile. As far as shoes.com, they've never been the best shoe merchant for me. And historically by way of EPC, Zappos and Shoebuy have always been better:

Zappos
    3 month EPC - $36.90
    7 day EPC - $62.64

Shoebuy
    3 month EPC - $28.15
    7 day EPC - $43.99

Shoes.com
    3 month EPC - $19.92
    7 day EPC - $24.36

Back to as far as reporting being messed up at this point. If I saw some CJ affiliates that I know are 5 bar affiliates, affiliates that I know have traffic and drive sales posting about it, then I would think there's something to it.

ABW Ambassador
    i am a 5-bar affiliate.

and while the stats at cj are great to start with, i am more particular with how the merchant converts for me.

by my own experience, i am aware of merchants with glossy statistics that reverse virtually everything, as well as those that do not convert.

so cj stats are great but they don't tell the whole story.

ABW Ambassador
    I've always said your own EPC with a merchant is the one that ultimately counts. This part I don't understand:

"by my own experience, i am aware of merchants with glossy statistics that reverse virtually everything,"

That would show up in the EPC. And what merchant reverses virtually everything, what percentage of sales are you talking about? Do you have any specific merchants in mind? As with merchants who don't convert, everybody has those. I have some that I can't convert that others are probably doing fine with and vice versa.

So do you think reporting is messed up right now? They mentioned it started April 27th, there is another thread where you were saying it was before that. So KeyLargo was doing fine before April 27th, the period of time where you thought something was up.
    Last edited by Trust; May 13th, 2006 at 08:59 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    "by my own experience, i am aware of merchants with glossy statistics that reverse virtually everything,"

That would show up in the EPC. And what merchant reverses virtually everything, what percentage of sales are you talking about? Do you have any specific merchants in mind?
    logically, they should show up in the EPC. in reality, they don't.

i have several of those over the years, and my experience were the same as those of others.

maybe they reverse only 1% of their overall sales but mine happened to be all of the 1%. get real!

there were also merchants who reverse everything above a certain amount. some had already left affiliate marketing and never came back.

anyway, like i said, stagnation is not my type of coffee. if the merchant is not giving me commish, they're history.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    So do you think reporting is messed up right now? They mentioned it started April 27th, there is another thread where you were saying it was before that. So KeyLargo was doing fine before April 27th, the period of time where you thought something was up.
    darn, you keep editing your posts.

what i'm saying is that there appears to be something (or someone) that is messing with reporting (my definition of reporting is tnxs being posted to proper accounts).

maybe there is actually one, maybe there isn't, maybe it was intentional or maybe inadvertent. maybe we will find something ultimately or we won't.

but to say that nothing is wrong and just accept anything is not my type of option.

You know what it all boils down to? The one thing that'll always cause people to question whether: sales are down, whether tracking is screwy, whether the AM is skimming, etc, is the lack of transparency in any network (at least the ones I"m signed up for).

When you have to put all of your trust into the networks, you'll ask questions when things get bumpy...and I hope you would...it's probably the sane thing to do.

As for me, I see trouble all of the time...but no matter how many times I try to catch a problem, I never can. Every single time I've run a test-purchase, it's always gone through. To expand the testing, I've even had two other people test (with no apparent link to myself - in case someone was watching closely), and it still went through.

So, although I still worry, and still question, I'm learning to just accept and keep working - and more importantly, to see if maybe the problem lies on my side (bad web copy, incorrect link integration, etc).

What else can you really do?

ABW Ambassador
    the thing is, we are more aware of parasitic entities than other people, therefore our own computers are cleaner.
    so although our test purchases may go through, we cannot be sure that that is also the case elsewhere.

by the way, some of my own test purchases did not go through. i just kick the merchant out. end of story.

Animal Lover
    I don't know if this is a one-off but I did have a customer email me complaining recently that they tried to click through via a CJ link and it didn't go through ie the page just took forever to load and they gave up so they emailed me to ask me for the link instead. I went and tried it myself (and I'm on cable) and it did take quite a while for the redirect via that funny url link to finally get through to the merchant...so perhaps it's no so much a lack of clicks as the speed with which the merchant page loads after that series of redirects and maybe some customers have just plain given up after a few clicks so the clicks are measured but no sale because they never got through to the merchant.

Just a thought,
    Oscar
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyBusiness
    So, although I still worry, and still question, I'm learning to just accept and keep working - and more importantly, to see if maybe the problem lies on my side (bad web copy, incorrect link integration, etc).

What else can you really do?
    if all honest affiliates has an accepting attitude, there wouldn't be any of us left in this business.

we are still here today because of the questioning and vigilant attitude of some of us. they are the ones who find, identify, document, and disseminate the parasitic behaviour of others, so it can be stopped.

it is because of them that we are still earning anything at all.

"forever to load"

I agree, I'm on DSL and I'm amazed at how slowly aff. links resolve sometimes.
    Someone on Dial-Up might Give-Up. Plus a lot of redirections may put off suspicious shoppers.
    Of course there are lots of reasons for a slow internet experience, routing problems, slow servers etc.

Well, ya, this has been going on for quite awhile. CJ doesn't realize the problem because the packets still go through.. they just don't see that more packets would be going through if there were more servers and more capacity. I check my links at various times of the day and always find some of them timing out or rsolving very slowly. I am very convinced that this has led to dropped sales accross the board. It's a huge problem that is just not really being looked into. I'm sure that it is costing us lowly affiliates plenty of money.

Check your affiliate links on a dial-up connection.... you'll be stunned...
    (check at various times of the day)

I guess they are saving some money by cutting costs on their overhead. at our expense. . .

Our trusted 3rd party
    :warning: If we don't get some cool rules ourselves.... pronto... then we'll just be bogus too..

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Collier
    Well, ya, this has been going on for quite awhile. CJ doesn't realize the problem because the packets still go through.. they just don't see that more packets would be going through if there were more servers and more capacity. I check my links at various times of the day and always find some of them timing out or rsolving very slowly. I am very convinced that this has led to dropped sales accross the board. It's a huge problem that is just not really being looked into. I'm sure that it is costing us lowly affiliates plenty of money.

Check your affiliate links on a dial-up connection.... you'll be stunned...
    (check at various times of the day)
    ... and this is consistent with the decreasing-clicks-inspite-of-increasing-traffic phenomenon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast