Question Offering Banners/Images
    If you have a page of banners (i.e. "Link to us with these banners")
    do you have visitors save the banners to their hard drive or do you let them link directly to the banners?

If they link to banners, do you store the banners on your own bandwidth or do you store the banners with a file host like Photobucket or Image Shack or one of those places?

Code:
     do your provide code for them to use on their sites?
    What if you create little quizzes and/or games on your site for people who visit: when the person finishes the game or quiz and gets an image (gif or jpg or small photo) and a story at the end for a reward (similar to Quizilla), do you store the images on your own site's bandwidth or do you use a file host?

Some file hosts are not reliable, any recommendations?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

48 views and no responses?

~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    48 views and no responses?

If you have a page of banners (i.e. "Link to us with these banners")
    do you have visitors save the banners to their hard drive or do you let them link directly to the banners?
    I would let the visitor decide that one.

I used to have a "Link to us" page on one site, and I provided the linking code and banners for them to use on their sites, but as long as they were going to link to my site, I didn't mind if they used their own code, or how they linked to that image.

If they link to banners, do you store the banners on your own bandwidth or do you store the banners with a file host like Photobucket or Image Shack or one of those places?
    If they're using the banner or logo to link to my site, I want to have that banner or logo on my own website directory.
    What if you create little quizzes and/or games on your site for people who visit: when the person finishes the game or quiz and gets an image (gif or jpg or small photo) and a story at the end for a reward (similar to Quizilla), do you store the images on your own site's bandwidth or do you use a file host?
    I don't do that, but I guess that if I was giving away any image that would be used to link to my site, I would like to host that image myself.

-----------

If they're going to use that image to link to your site, and by doing that you're getting your link popularity up, and free site branding too, I don't see a reason not to host the image in your own site.

Sal.

Only just saw your post now and probably not going to be much help. I can only tell you that I've exchanged just a few banners with people from reciprocal linking and all of the people want you to save their banners on your computer. If there have been any willing to have you link directly to them I can't remember any.
    Can't be much help at all on where to store the images. I have used Photobucket in the past and there's a place named Image Station I think but I believe they charge you for it now. If you have an aol account and have a home page you've made with them you can always have a few of them kept on it.

Thanks Mr. Sal and purplebear for your responses.

Both of you were very helpful
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

OOOPS just realized was an old POST, LOL GethsemeneRose's Avatar
    I am pretty new to this but I use my blog to host the image and I provide the code compleat with the Image specs. see this page for details:
    www.cafepress.com/gethsemenerose/1371846
    as far as quizzes and games and stuff I am not that far advanced yet.
    :gnome: [URL]www.gethsemenerose.com[/URL] :gnome: As for me and my SITE we shall serve the LORD!

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread