Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
  1. #1
    Full Member
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2006
    Posts
    347
    Affiliate Marketing Freedom
    Even though I get stressed, *****, complain, etc about affiliate marketing, I am happy to be where I am at with this.

    Waking up when I want to, hanging out when I want to, not having to deal with rush hour traffic, not paying high azz gas prices, etc.

    Last year I decided how well i would do with taking a laptop and driving across country with friends and took off for a month...Everything thing worked great...Spent a few hours a day keep things tight and kept getting those nice direct deposits and kept partying, gambling and having fun.

    Now, I am excited because I am headed to San Diego for 2 months in June and July and just hang out on the beach with some pretty girls, keep the biz running and party...I feel bad for the folks who have to work 9 - 5 and can't just get up and travel...

    I don't see how I could go back to working for "the man" again...I guess that is why I am so stressed to keep making more money and to continue to extend my comfort level...

    Anyway, affiliate marketing freaking ROCKS!! WOOHOO

  2. #2
    Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    12,360
    You betcha Melty! ENJOY your freedom. You've created it and it's beautiful!
    Peace,

    Rexanne

    Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic


  3. #3
    Full Member
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2006
    Posts
    347
    Thanks Rexanne

    I see you are in LA...I need a tour guide...When I was there last year I was stuck downtown near the Staples Center and couldn't find anything to do...The best part of the trip was taking 5 north from San Diego and checking out the cool looking homes in Orange County in the hills...

    I will pay you double if you could give me a good tour through Compton...lol...When I went there last time I didn't see anything

  4. #4
    Affiliate Manager David Carter's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2006
    Posts
    237
    Melty,

    Without high quality affiliates such as yourself, much of the business of E-commerce would go undone. You deserve every bit of your success, and on behalf of all of us on the Merchant side of things.....Keep up the great work!
    David Carter
    MagazinesQuick.com

  5. #5
    Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    12,360
    Quote Originally Posted by melty
    Thanks Rexanne

    I see you are in LA...I need a tour guide...When I was there last year I was stuck downtown near the Staples Center and couldn't find anything to do...The best part of the trip was taking 5 north from San Diego and checking out the cool looking homes in Orange County in the hills...

    I will pay you double if you could give me a good tour through Compton...lol...When I went there last time I didn't see anything
    Melty, I wouldn't go to Compton for love or any amount of money ... SCARY neighborhood! I'd highly recommend you stay away from that part of town.

    I'd be happy to meet up for a drink/coffee/lunch/whatever though. Let me know when you're here!
    Peace,

    Rexanne

    Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic


  6. #6
    notary sojac Herb ԿԬ's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Central/Western NY State
    Posts
    7,741
    Cool
    well, there's always Pacoima, I guess. (wonder how that neighborhood has progressed -- haven't been there since 1975)

  7. #7
    ABW Ambassador MoneyBusiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,051
    Congrats to you, Melty. That's my main goal as well, to do lots of traveling..

    How long have you been in the game?

    The fact that you've been able to do all of this, with all of the recent issues, is a great motivator.

    Take care!

  8. #8
    Full Member
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2006
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyBusiness
    Congrats to you, Melty. That's my main goal as well, to do lots of traveling..

    How long have you been in the game?

    The fact that you've been able to do all of this, with all of the recent issues, is a great motivator.

    Take care!
    I started AM the end of January 2005. I have spent lots and lots of time and money figuring the game out and I found a formula that works.

    But let me not say that all is great and I will be living like a king, but bills are paid and things are flexible...

    For me to take off to San Diego is not that big off a deal...I just don't have a 9 - 5 which AM pays the bills, and a few extra dollars to spend on a place for two months with car rental, etc.

    And I will still be putting in 3-4 hours a day working on new projects and keeping existing one running smooth...

    Next year I want to be somewhere international and exotic if I can make enough $$$ to feel comfortable...

  9. #9
    Full Member
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2006
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Melty, I wouldn't go to Compton for love or any amount of money ... SCARY neighborhood! I'd highly recommend you stay away from that part of town.

    I'd be happy to meet up for a drink/coffee/lunch/whatever though. Let me know when you're here!
    LOL...It's all good...I live near DC and I'm used to the 'hood...I just have a fascination with Compton from my gangsta rap upbringing...lol

    When i went last year, it didn't seem scary...There weren't that many people on the streets...Now, nighttime may be a different story...lol

  10. #10
    Full Member
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2006
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by David Carter
    Melty,

    Without high quality affiliates such as yourself, much of the business of E-commerce would go undone. You deserve every bit of your success, and on behalf of all of us on the Merchant side of things.....Keep up the great work!
    Thanks...I'm gonna check out your program and see if I can make us some $$$

  11. #11
    Affiliate Manager David Carter's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2006
    Posts
    237
    Melty,

    We would be lucky to have you. Welcome aboard, and just let us know what you need that will bring you even more success!
    David Carter
    MagazinesQuick.com

  12. #12
    Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    12,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    well, there's always Pacoima, I guess. (wonder how that neighborhood has progressed -- haven't been there since 1975)
    Not much progression, Herb ... just more like east L.A. all the time.
    Peace,

    Rexanne

    Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic


  13. #13
    ABW Ambassador MoneyBusiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,051
    Quote Originally Posted by melty
    I started AM the end of January 2005. I have spent lots and lots of time and money figuring the game out and I found a formula that works.

    But let me not say that all is great and I will be living like a king, but bills are paid and things are flexible...

    For me to take off to San Diego is not that big off a deal...I just don't have a 9 - 5 which AM pays the bills, and a few extra dollars to spend on a place for two months with car rental, etc.

    And I will still be putting in 3-4 hours a day working on new projects and keeping existing one running smooth...

    Next year I want to be somewhere international and exotic if I can make enough $$$ to feel comfortable...

    Take me with ya! I haven't been overseas since I was 5. Once I get to a steady point, I'd love to backpack most of the world.

    As for the 9-5, yeah, I'm one of the unfortunate.. However, it pays the bills well, as well as giving me plenty of "project" money to try different things.

    As for now, I like the way I have it set up - make money with AM, but using the money from my 9-5 to pay bills and other things, while trying to get on my feet.

    Good luck, Melty. Maybe this time next year we'll be hearing from you from deep in Europe somewhere..

  14. #14
    Full Member
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2006
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyBusiness
    Take me with ya! I haven't been overseas since I was 5. Once I get to a steady point, I'd love to backpack most of the world.

    As for the 9-5, yeah, I'm one of the unfortunate.. However, it pays the bills well, as well as giving me plenty of "project" money to try different things.

    As for now, I like the way I have it set up - make money with AM, but using the money from my 9-5 to pay bills and other things, while trying to get on my feet.

    Good luck, Melty. Maybe this time next year we'll be hearing from you from deep in Europe somewhere..
    Are you a male or female? LOL

    Yeah...I was 9 to 5 fulltime until my 4 year contact came to an end April 1st. It was sweet though -- I worked from home and got a nice check, and at the same time I was able to seed and grow my affiliate marketing money. It worked out nicely...When I knew my contract was coming to an end, I pushed myself to kick my AM commissions up a few notches to the point where I wouldn't miss those biweekly paychecks.

    But one thing I always tell myself in this business...Never rest on your laurels and always continue to grow, even if you are kicking ass...I had one merchant who made me a profit of about $1500/month for 3 or 4 months (Jamster Ringtones)...I hit the jackpot...But overnight, sales just dropped. Their EPC now is GARBAGE...lol

  15. #15
    ABW Ambassador Snib's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    5,303
    I totally agree melty! This life truly is a dream. I was lucky enough to quit my job in December of '04 and move to Taipei, Taiwan for a year. I traveled to Japan, Palau, Singapore, Thailand and Hong Kong throughout the year fully funded by affiliate earnings. Now I'm back in Southern California and am still having the time of my life. San Diego is great!! I'm sure you'll have the best time! I hope to buy a house out there in a couple years because to me it's really the ideal place to live.

    - Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    52
    Sounds great. Congratulations

    Right now as I sit at my desk at work after having spent the last hour in a train. I can only dream of doing that. One day, one day.

  17. #17
    ABW Ambassador MoneyBusiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,051
    I've been taking up Japanese for the last 6 months or so. That's the first place I want to trek to once I make it.

    I'm about 1/4 of the way there. The question is, how long will I hold on to my 9-5...

    2 sources of income...hard..to..resist..

  18. #18
    CPA Network Rep Jon@Fluxads's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2005
    Location
    Sun Diego
    Posts
    461
    Quote Originally Posted by melty
    Now, I am excited because I am headed to San Diego for 2 months in June and July and just hang out on the beach with some pretty girls, keep the biz running and party...I feel bad for the folks who have to work 9 - 5 and can't just get up and travel...
    You should let me know when you make it out here to SD. Perhaps I can show you some hot spots to spend some weekend nights at and introduce you to some pretty little ladies.

    I <3 San Diego! lol.
    [B]Jon Lyons[/B]
    Director of Affiliate Operations
    [EMAIL="jon.lyons@fluxads.com"][SIZE=1]jon.lyons@fluxads.com[/SIZE][/EMAIL][SIZE=1] | 1-877-GO-2-FLUX | [URL="http://www.fluxads.com/"]FluxAds.com[/URL][/SIZE]

    [SIZE=1]LinkedIn: [URL]http://www.linkedin.com/in/jrlyons[/URL][/SIZE]

  19. #19
    Full Member
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2006
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by FluxAds.com
    You should let me know when you make it out here to SD. Perhaps I can show you some hot spots to spend some weekend nights at and introduce you to some pretty little ladies.

    I <3 San Diego! lol.
    LOL!

    My favorite club out there is Bar Dynamite

    I will definitely be spending a lot of time in Gaslamp

  20. #20
    CPA Network Rep Jon@Fluxads's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2005
    Location
    Sun Diego
    Posts
    461
    Quote Originally Posted by melty
    LOL!

    My favorite club out there is Bar Dynamite

    I will definitely be spending a lot of time in Gaslamp
    Never been to Bar Dynamite. Will have to look into that, got my bday this weekend and looking for a place to party.

    Gaslamp is ALWAYS a good choice. Can never go wrong there. It seems there is a new bar opening up weekly down there since they built Petco Park there. It's awesome.

    I'm a huge fan of Pacific Beach myself. So many good bars/clubs there with great looking girls. Typhoon Saloon is one of the tops.
    [B]Jon Lyons[/B]
    Director of Affiliate Operations
    [EMAIL="jon.lyons@fluxads.com"][SIZE=1]jon.lyons@fluxads.com[/SIZE][/EMAIL][SIZE=1] | 1-877-GO-2-FLUX | [URL="http://www.fluxads.com/"]FluxAds.com[/URL][/SIZE]

    [SIZE=1]LinkedIn: [URL]http://www.linkedin.com/in/jrlyons[/URL][/SIZE]

  21. #21
    Full Member OICUAM2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18th, 2006
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    421
    Maui Moment
    Hi all,

    Long time reader, first time poster.

    I'll be asking for a lot of advice in this forum, but for now I just wanted to share that my wife was sent to Maui for work and I went with her to take some pictures for my travel sites. I was sitting in a park next to a great beach and decided to pull out my computer to see if I could get a wi-fi connection. Wouldn't you know it, I got a connection from a nearby hotel.

    There I was on a Maui beach realizing that my sites were having a good day and that I should shut down and go snorkeling. It was one of those moments that make all the research, work, and forward thinking worth it.

    I still have lots of work to do, but the dream is alive and kick'n.

    And now for my first emoticon use.....

  22. #22
    Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    12,360
    Quote Originally Posted by OICUAM2

    There I was on a Maui beach realizing that my sites were having a good day and that I should shut down and go snorkeling. It was one of those moments that make all the research, work, and forward thinking worth it.

    I still have lots of work to do, but the dream is alive and kick'n.
    Absolutely beautiful ... sitting on a beach in Maui, while your sites earn money. How cool is that?
    Peace,

    Rexanne

    Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic


  23. #23
    ABW Veteran Mr. Sal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    6,795
    Thumbs up Affiliate Marketing Freedom
    Nothing good comes without some side effects, but here are just some of the good parts of this business once you start to get your weekly, biweekly, or monthly regular payment commission checks.

    - The freedom to get up or go to bed at any time of the day or night.
    - Being able to run your business from almost any free country in the world at any time.
    - Not having to depend on any boss in order to get a rise in salary.
    - Not having to worry about the gas prices going up.
    - Not having to worry about where to park, or how much to pay for parking if you drive to work.
    - Not wasting a couple of hours a day, everyday in rush hour commuting to work.
    - The freedom to drink and smoke in your office if you want to, and not hear any body complain.
    - The freedom of choice to this work while sitting in front of the computer, or in bed.
    - Being able to run this business while wearing the latest fashion of clothes, or just totally naked.
    - The freedom to stay home and take care of your young kids and see them grow up.
    - The benefit of negotiating a better deal, without the need to see or heard any one in person.
    - After a while of doing this, you can afford to buy almost anything you want, in cash.
    - Being able to take a long vacation at anytime, and not have to worry about getting fired.
    - Being able to sleep all day, and still make money.
    - The advantage of selecting who are you going to promote the most.
    - The choice of having one web site, or hundred's of sites making you money while you sleep.
    - The freedom to work alone, if you decide to be alone and not hire anyone.
    - Once you become good at this, there is no preset limit to how much you can earn on this business.
    - Once you start to make more money in a week doing this, than the amount of money you were making a month, or in a year on any other job, you will probably never go back to work for anyone else again.


    Here are some of the side effects of this business to consider before you decide become a slave to this business because the money is good, and if you don't want to take a break once in a while, because you want to make more and more, read below and think about it.

    - You may develop Carpo Tunnel Syndrome - pain in the hands
    - You may develop Affiliate Ass Syndrome - pain in the ass and, or, a fat ass.
    - You may get Retinitis - and or, may suffer some degradation in vision after a few years at this.
    - You will get a lot of stress once in a while, specially when the tracking is not tracking right.
    - If you like to drink - You may become an alcoholic.
    - If you like to smoke - You may become a chain smoker.
    - You will gain some weight, and you may get too fat if you don't keep an eye on your waistline.
    - You may become a loner.
    - You may develop some phobic disorder.
    - If you're single, you may never meet your other halve if you don't go out once in a while.
    - If you're married, you may become divorced, if you disregard your other halve.
    - If you're too young, you may miss some good one in a lifetime opportunities out there.
    - If you're too old, and have enough money already, go out and spend some, You can't take it you later.
    - If you let your commissions from one particular place grow to big before you get paid, you may never get pay if they fly away.
    - If you spend a lot of money on advertisement or PPC, without knowing what you're doing, you may lose your shirt before you start to make money.

    -------------

    2006 by Me. None of the things on this post can be copied, translated or included in any affiliates for dummies handbook or ebook, without first making a non-refundable minimal donation of $100 and 99 to MSPBA*

    -------------

    Sal.
    ...

  24. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2005
    Posts
    349
    Mr. Sal's list pretty much spells it out...

    Best of luck to you. I love to hear about others who have just recently started and are having success.

    There really is no other line of work to me...unless say hosting 72 beautiful virgins on ecstacy 24/7 on a lush island and I'm the only guy for 500 miles...but sadly I don't think that will happen so this is the next best thing.

  25. #25
    Member Azam's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Bloomsbury, London
    Posts
    395
    I don't think affiliate marketing provides as much freedom as it may initially appear. Many affiliate programs close without notice, Google Adwords deactivates campaigns etc. etc. These mean one has to be tied to the computer unless one is smart enough/can afford to to delegate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Affiliate amarketing- a great sorce of financial freedom
    By Binary Expert in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 24th, 2014, 08:11 PM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: December 17th, 2008, 03:30 PM
  3. Our greatest freedom...
    By Alan Hamilton in forum Virtual Family and Off-Topic
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: October 29th, 2008, 06:54 PM
  4. your not that far! to that life of freedom!
    By jc101 in forum Virtual Family and Off-Topic
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: October 9th, 2003, 08:11 AM
  5. "We're bringing you freedom and safety"
    By login in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: March 21st, 2003, 07:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •