Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Full Member
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2006
    Posts
    347
    Curious about how much CJ makes...
    Does anyone have an idea of a percentage CJ makes off commissions?

  2. #2
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Nunya, Business
    Posts
    23,684
    30%

  3. #3
    Full Member
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2006
    Posts
    347
    DAMN! *shock*

    whoa...I thought it was like 10 or 15%...

  4. #4
    ABW Veteran Mr. Sal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    6,795
    30%
    Plus the % in interest from the merchants that have extended credit there.
    When they get extended credit, that interes is from our commission money sitting there.
    ...

  5. #5
    Full Member
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2006
    Posts
    347
    lol @ Sal

  6. #6
    Moderator MichaelColey's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Mansfield, TX
    Posts
    16,232
    Just to clarify, CJ charges merchants a "network fee" equal to 30% of what the affiliate earns. If an affiliate earns 10%, CJ earns 3% and the merchant pays a total of 13%.

    It's actually a bit more than that, because CJ has a lot of other charges. They charge a one-time setup fee. They have a minimum monthly network fee. They charge for some email solicitations. Also, the network fee is calculated for each transaction and has a $0.30 minimum, so commissions of less than $1 are more expensive for merchants. If a merchant pays a $0.05 commission on a small transaction, they still have to pay a $0.30 network fee to CJ.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

  7. #7
    What's the word? Rhia7's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2006
    Posts
    9,578
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    They charge for some email solicitations.
    Could you please clarify?

    Are you referring to the internal e-mail system that CJ provides affiliates and AMs or are "email solicitations" the e-mails I receive in my ISP pop3 e-mail account promoting either merchants I affiliate with or merchants who would like to affiliate with me?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

  8. #8
    Moderator MichaelColey's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Mansfield, TX
    Posts
    16,232
    You can find most of the details here:

    http://www.cj.com/solutions/adv_access.jsp#pricing

    They don't list what the emails cost. I think internal emails are free and a limited number of normal emails to joined affiliates are free, but anything over a set amount or any solicitation emails to nonjoined affiliates are extra.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

  9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Curious?
    By Nick Prussakov in forum Virtual Family and Off-Topic
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: July 30th, 2007, 12:42 PM
  2. Just curious...why
    By Doc Sawyer in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: March 7th, 2003, 04:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •