Question about what network to join for "offers"
    Hello everyone,

I recently launched a website where I want to generate money by having my clients/subscribers to complete offers for credits on my website. Since I want to do this correctly the first time, I have gone ahead and setup a simple form that they can fill in their name and e-mail address and i'll update them with instructions on how to get credits on the website (by doing offers, of which I will generate revenue from).

Now my question to you is this: Where do I go about pushing affiliate products on my website, and how do I track whether or not my subscribers actually did the offers? I know there are many affiliate networks, but I was curious what would work for what I am wanting to do. I need confirmation from the affiliate within a certain time-frame of when the offer was completed and by whom (i believe tracked via cookies?!?). I don't mind going through a third party affiliate network, as long as they are legit and actually pay out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as to what the best route for me to go is. Simple offers (like signup for blockbuster.com or netflix.com and others simple like that). I am not going to be pushing actual stores to try to generate revenue that way. Thanks!!

Several things about that:

1) What you're talking about is incentivizing offers. With most networks, you'll need to identify that you are incentivizing offers. You'll need to get permission to incentivize and/or only promote offers that are flagged as allowing incentives.

2) What most incentive sites do is to assign a unique code to each customer and pass that code to the network. Then, they can download lists of offers completed, including the special codes. That lets them know who completed the offers. How you pass the code and get the reports varies from network to network.

3) Beware of fraud and reversals. These types of things are very prone to fraud. You'll get credit, give whatever incentive you're giving to your customer, then they'll return or cancel and the merchant will charge you back. You'll run across large groups of people out to try to cheat you.

As for your question, just about any affiliate network supports that.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Several things about that:

1) What you're talking about is incentivizing offers. With most networks, you'll need to identify that you are incentivizing offers. You'll need to get permission to incentivize and/or only promote offers that are flagged as allowing incentives.

2) What most incentive sites do is to assign a unique code to each customer and pass that code to the network. Then, they can download lists of offers completed, including the special codes. That lets them know who completed the offers. How you pass the code and get the reports varies from network to network.

3) Beware of fraud and reversals. These types of things are very prone to fraud. You'll get credit, give whatever incentive you're giving to your customer, then they'll return or cancel and the merchant will charge you back. You'll run across large groups of people out to try to cheat you.

As for your question, just about any affiliate network supports that.
    So would you consider this a high-risk "not worth it" type affilliate marketing? I believe you are correct in categorizing it as "incentive" type affiliate marketing, where I will give something as long as my signups do some offers.

So sometimes even when the offers are complete, they will not pay out? when you say that most affiliate networks will support this, do you mean like shareasell, commission junction, hydravision, etc? Any in particular good for this type of affiliate marketing (incentives type marketing). Any legal aspects of the business that I should watch out for? I wouldn't want to get into some legal hassles all for a few hundred bucks a month.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread