Could you tell me what time it is and whether there is any reason sites may be down, ie, weather?

MJ,

Time is same as ABW time 12:12am as I post.

Wheather is great and I should move there to make it feel like oz [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Haiko

Thanks Haiko, one of the programs I'm affiliated with is down, I've emailed them,as I'm getting emails from people saying they can't buy! Going to be a long night, guess they're asleep!

ABW Ambassador
    MJ,

Send 'em to my site LOL

ABW Ambassador
    are you referring to a prescription drug site based in FL??

If so, I wish they'd get it together and back up too!

No, but I finally connected with my program and it turns out the hosting company is down, taking thousands of sites with it. They're trying to contact the co. but being the weekend, well, the chances are looking pretty slim until morning.

Hi Mousejockey,

I'm in Florida and I'm awake, and I think I know what the problem is. It happens a lot down here. It used to be called GTE, but now it's called Verizon.

They're notorious for having lines go down and taking their own sweet time bringing them back up. They make life absolutely miserable for ISPs. My first ISP went out of business because of them. Verizon also offers ISP services. Nice way to knock out the competition.

I also used to be affiliated with a site based in Sarasota that went down for three days. They attributed the problem to (then) GTE. They just couldn't seem to figure out what the problem in the lines was.

Also, I've been knocked off line three times while writing this post. It's got to be them.

Tracy

Ah! well that's little consolation...!
    And tomorrow being SuperBowl looks the chances of getting anyone on it are looking slimmer!
    The co. I'm affiliated with are trying to contact them and will be sitting up all night if need be, just wonder if I should post something on my site, to stop the emails from people telling me my links don't work,but then again,if I go to sleep, and they get it together, I'll be ...agh! too hard basket!!!

Sorry, MouseJockey, to have been the bearer of bad news. It's just one of those facts of life. One of these days I'm going to switch to Road Runner through the cable t.v. system.

Tracy

Gee, my access to the net was gone for 5 or 6 days!

Verizon claimed it wasn't them and my ISP claimed it wasn't them. But, funny when Verizon finally came to my house and "didn't fix anything" it mysteriously started working again.

ABW Ambassador
    LOL....Verizon is the worst with stuff like that...we go with it through the cable company here too...our cable had problems for months...the cable company refused to send anybody out because of a 'known outage in our area' It was for months...turns out their upgrade to digital didn't go as smoothly as they thought...then they wanted to raise the rates...Our county government stepped in and said the complaints were by the tons, and they would boot them from the county if they even thought about moving the rates up...

Tom Pyles

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread