ABW Ambassador
    Merchants - Banner Size Request
    Merchants - make some banners with the accepted larger banner sizes.

I use banners to fill out my rotation, or I would more. But the problem is almost every merchant still just makes 468x60 banners. That is no longer the standard. Make them to the new standards - please. Keep the 468x60, but at least make some in the larger sizes.

728x90 - this is the new 468x60
    160x600 - skyscraper
    300x250 - med rectangle

Make banners that size and I will run them, make them 468x60 and I will never use them, they will never convert.

Thanks

Chet

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah make some 728x90. Those are working great on my forum. Been trying to find more of those lately. There was a topic going and they were talking about a product, realized there was an affiliate program for it and they had 728x90 banners, took a few seconds to put it up and am getting sales off of it. A good program will have a nice selection of banner sizes.

Chet --

Good post! I've always suspected that the standards of yesteryear are probably no longer the favorites. I'm gonna contact our creative team and ask them to do up a few in the sizes you mentioned. I'm sure they'll be pleased -- the sizes you mentioned are larger, and afford them a bit more creativity than a 120x90!
    Christopher Park
    Affiliate/Partnerships Manager
    Blair.com
    cjpark@blair.com
    (814)726-6074
    AIM: BLAIRAffiliates
    Twitter: BLAIRAffiliates

ABW Ambassador
    Gives you room to put Merchant and Affiliate on Banner for some personalization

I get requests from affiliates all the time requesting "special" banners - usually banner sizes that aren't already in the network. Virtually all the merchants that I've approached for additional banners are more than happy to provide them. I bet that the more people ask for these less conventional sizes (which are becoming more and more the norm), the more likely it is that merchants will provide them on their own. Sometimes a simple email is all it takes.

Thanks,

Jessica Dagg
    Affiliate Manager
    www.MaxBounty.com

Outsourced Program Manager Rick - Bitcom's Avatar
    I gotta ask...why these new sizes? Everyone seems to say that banners don't convert. Why do we need more...and bigger at that?

Is there some data for why these things are converting? Is it just that they are different? What about horizontal vs. vertical? Any data which is better?

Someone help me with this please.

I am always begging to find out what size banners affiliates need and want. So this info is great - I will make sure we have some available ASAP. So I hope we will slot into your sites - if for some reason there are other sizes affiliates need specifically just drop me a line and it will be done!

Amanda

ABW Ambassador
    "Everyone seems to say that banners don't convert."

Text links convert better overall but banners still convert. Some people have become blind to them but maybe some new sizes will work. And it's how you use them and what's on the banner. Call to action type banners, deal of the day banners, coupon banners, hot product or hot prices banners work well for me. I don't use the branding type banners.

Quote Originally Posted by chetf
    728x90 - this is the new 468x60
    160x600 - skyscraper
    300x250 - med rectangle

Make banners that size and I will run them, make them 468x60 and I will never use them, they will never convert.

Thanks

Chet
    Good size suggestions
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread