Angry Well - My first suspended merchant...
    So, as of yesterday, and without any notice, one of the merchants that I heavily promote just went bye-bye.

If I click on one of their links now, it simply says that the merchant was deactivated or suspended.

Any ideas as to why this may be? Maybe failure to pay them? (even though I've received payments from them the last month).

Could it be they voluntarily opted out of CJ's program?

Were you making decent sales?

I've found that if a program is high on the EPC sort list, some anal AMs will expect you to keep to the same EPC or higher.

Yeah, was making an average number of sales. Actually, it's not me that was booted. It was CJ that booted this merchant. That is, they are now no longer available in CJ.

Every single link that is created through CJ for this merchant now goes to a default "Merchant Suspended" notice.

I hope they didn't opt to do this themselves, without giving us notice. That's pretty bad.

I think it is OK to name names in this case; maybe someone knows that they are moving their program or if they do have some issue with CJ.

I was just contacted by the AM. They didn't provide a reason (or even an apology for that matter), but simply stated that they were working on getting it back up today...which is good news.

When a merchant is deactivated or suspended in CJ, and they are reinstated, are all original links dead? In other words, do we have to start over again with new links?

ABW Ambassador
    When I receive notice about a deactivated merchant, I keep tabs on it by checking the report daily to see if / when they are reinstated. Many times it is a financial issue (they haven't paid their bill, or don't have enough money in their account). They may be reactivated shortly. Good luck.

Since we're in the days where CJ processes things financially, yea, you'd have to guess that they were behind on the bill. You won't have to recreate the links if they are simply re-activated.

I've seen 3 or 4 CJ merchants become deactivated over the past year and then get re-activated a few days later. At first, I pulled all of their links, just to find they were up again a few days later.

Today I do not waste my time with them. If I have not made any sales through them and they get deactivated, I just dump them.
    There's good, fast and cheap. Pick any two.
    [url=http://www.topranksolutions.com]Phoenix SEO[/url] :: [url=http://www.tech-evangelist.com/category/affiliate-marketing/]Affiliate Marketing Tutorials[/url]

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread