What a waste of time this site is..
    When I discovered this site a few hours ago, I was filled with the hope that I would be able to get some useful information about how to market my new clickbank program and maybe even get some leads on a couple of affiliates..

Well after reading through quite a few of these threads, it appears to me to be a CB Bashing forum more then anything else.. I am a brand new merchant with CB and the last thing I need is a bunch of goons online trying to spoil the reputation of the site I have chosen to process my sales..

I did my DD and I am convinced that CB is a good and reliable organization, so why are you guys bashing it? If I was a betting man, I would guess that the spoilers are just poor losers in the affilaite marketing game. Well, just because you were not able to succeed, is no reason to shower hopeful marketers and merchants with your frothing hatred..

Lastly, this is a clickbank forum. If you don't like CB, why are you here?

I doubt that I will return here, so you can flame me all you want, I'll likely not even see it.

Wayne
    [cbid -ameriline]

Well, as you are still here in this forum (obviously writing this to elicit a response), welcome and goodbye.

Given the nature of your post, that is about all I would want to say as you have your mind made up.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

The quality of merchants and affiliates on ClickBank seem to bring those types of responses. Most merchants there are just pushing get rich quick schemes. And an inordinate number of merchants (and affiliates) from Clickbank just come to ABW to spam us.

I'm sure there are some decent merchants and decent affiliates at ClickBank.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by waynedcam
    Lastly, this is a clickbank forum. If you don't like CB, why are you here?
    I would ask you the same.

This certainly is a novel strategy for attracting affiliates.

I have found that good affiliates can be found within any program but the programs that attract the most good affiliates are generally the best, most value added programs. I aggree with Michael that CB probably has at least some good affiliates and merchants.
    David Carter
    MagazinesQuick.com

When I discovered this site a few hours ago, I was filled with the hope that I would be able to get some useful information about how to market my new clickbank program and maybe even get some leads on a couple of affiliates..

Well after reading through quite a few of these threads, it appears to me to be a CB Bashing forum more then anything else..
    I see you posted at 2:46 PM and you are still here at 7:00 PM, you haven't left yet.

A good way to attract affiliates is to overcome any existing negativity with your style and the substance of your program. You haven't achieved that yet, but give it a try.

If you have a worthwhile program affiliates will flock to you.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Exclamation Just wanted to say..
    I just wanted to apologize for my comments above. Itís just that after spending literally hundreds of hours building my program specifically to use CB as the processor and gateway to find affiliates, I was extremely annoyed to find a forum supposedly for CB affiliates and merchants where CB was being bashed, instead of constructive help and information.

Yes, CB is full of programs not worth their weight in bits or bytes. Anytime you have a system where the products are digital and can be written by anyone, you are going to have junk. Thatís why my product is an old standard (Web Hosting). I know web hosting is a hard market, but just because itís hard doesnít mean itís the wrong way to go. The way I figure it, the customer is getting something REAL for their money. Not some, piece of crap get rich quick e-book.

As for my sitting by waiting for a reply to this thread, that was not the case. In this case, if I remember correctly, I got called away from my computer and the Window was still open. It was an inadvertent thing on my part. I actually meant what I said and had not intended to ever come back. The only reason I found this thread today, was because I was searching Google for my business name and this thread came up.

Maybe I shouldnít have posted the way I did, especially being a new member of the forum, but I was irritated. Iím sorry if I offended anyone. Anyways, I am over it now, everyone is allowed their own opinion, and I myself have some issues with CB. For instance, they could reject some of the crap that is on their system, but I understand why they donít too (still seems shortsighted however). They could also have a system that would allow merchants and affiliates to communicate, but they donít.

Maybe I made a mistake choosing CB as my processor and affiliate system, but it is what I have chosen. For better or worse, I have to stick it out. It just isnít feasible to try to retool my program now. However I am considering adding a separate (private) affiliate program as well, so affiliates can choose between working the CB angle or my own. I donít know how feasible that is. I need to study it some more.

Again, I apologize..

Wayne

Welcome back! I think you'll find us to be a pretty helpful group of people, and there's no better place anywhere to learn more about affiliate programs.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Welcome back Wayne

I was going to post at the time, don't give up on ABW after just a few hours, there's months and months of reading on here and plenty to learn from.

Quote Originally Posted by markschok
    ...there's months and months of reading on here and plenty to learn from.
    That's an understatement

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I just wanted to apologize for my comments above. Itís just that after spending literally hundreds of hours building my program specifically to use CB as the processor and gateway to find affiliates, I was extremely annoyed to find a forum supposedly for CB affiliates and merchants where CB was being bashed, instead of constructive help and information.

Yes, CB is full of programs not worth their weight in bits or bytes. Anytime you have a system where the products are digital and can be written by anyone, you are going to have junk. Thatís why my product is an old standard (Web Hosting). I know web hosting is a hard market, but just because itís hard doesnít mean itís the wrong way to go. The way I figure it, the customer is getting something REAL for their money. Not some, piece of crap get rich quick e-book.

As for my sitting by waiting for a reply to this thread, that was not the case. In this case, if I remember correctly, I got called away from my computer and the Window was still open. It was an inadvertent thing on my part. I actually meant what I said and had not intended to ever come back. The only reason I found this thread today, was because I was searching Google for my business name and this thread came up.

Maybe I shouldnít have posted the way I did, especially being a new member of the forum, but I was irritated. Iím sorry if I offended anyone. Anyways, I am over it now, everyone is allowed their own opinion, and I myself have some issues with CB. For instance, they could reject some of the crap that is on their system, but I understand why they donít too (still seems shortsighted however). They could also have a system that would allow merchants and affiliates to communicate, but they donít.

Maybe I made a mistake choosing CB as my processor and affiliate system, but it is what I have chosen. For better or worse, I have to stick it out. It just isnít feasible to try to retool my program now. However I am considering adding a separate (private) affiliate program as well, so affiliates can choose between working the CB angle or my own. I donít know how feasible that is. I need to study it some more.

Again, I apologize..

Wayne
    Welcome back Wayne ... just the fact that you had the b*lls to come back and own your makes me think you'll fit in beautifully around here. Hope you stick around.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Smile Ha!
    just the fact that you had the b*lls to come back and own your makes me think you'll fit in beautifully around here.
    Ha! That's kind of funny.. I used to have a blog called "A Steaming Pile".

Anywho, thanks for the comment.

Wayne

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Ha! That's kind of funny.. I used to have a blog called "A Steaming Pile".

Anywho, thanks for the comment.

Wayne
    Aha ... see?? You found a kismit place Wayne!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread