OOOPS just realized was an old POST, LOL GethsemeneRose's Avatar
    Advertising with Google "helpers"
    Ok so I went to this site (right now I have agreed to keep them nameless while they "work this out") they advertised site submission and up to x dollars of free google clicks unlimited keywords but no keywords could cost more than 30 cents I thought cool. It was $ 50 per month and the first month was free. I went to the google adwords keywords generator typed in my site waited 15 minutes and about 1000 keywords came out I said to myself "self I will now input these 1200 keywords and see what works for a month free and then keep using these guys as an easy way to keep my google budget to $50 to start out learning about PPC. I figured if this PPC thing used up all $50 in two days and I got enough hits I would increase my budget and go on but if I got no hits over the month I would need to rethink my strategy on the page. So anyway I entered the 1200 keywords and lo and behold most of them were under 30cents most in the 10cent range Great I said I now have 1000 keywords to monitor they will probably all be spent in a few days but what the hey now I will get some real hard data on what is working and what isn't So I am watching for a few days I get a few hits one day and a half a dozen the next. Now this morning I go to check my account and all but one of the keywords is disabled (the get disabled if the price goes over 30cents) I look and ALL 1270 keywords that were between 5 cents and 25 cents are now $5 and 10 this seems wrong. are they trying to scam me? if so it is a silly scam they are losing out not me. (I do not see how as I haven't payed them a dime yet so far I have used about 3 dollars in the "free" fifty. And if the service continues this way I will not use them. I know they did the Submissions so it seems that so far They have lost everything (including a possible lifetime 50 dollars a month customer) but 1200 very disseperate keywords should not ALL rise in value by 100 overnite. They claim that Google raised MY price (not anyone elses) because the words were "not specific to my site" that seems weird since I got the words from asking the keyword generator tool at google https://adwords.google.com/select/Ke...?defaultView=2 to evaluate my site and give me the words. I am just really confused. Any thoughts?
    :gnome: [URL]www.gethsemenerose.com[/URL] :gnome: As for me and my SITE we shall serve the LORD!

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    the tool generates "potentially" related keywords.

and there are many other factors affecting your account quality score (and therefore min cpc) besides just keywords selected.

ABW Ambassador
    Confused. So you're paying someone else to do your Google Adwords but you have to get the keywords? And also part of the package is site submissions?*

*Which is ridiculous since you just need links in and if you want to submit, it's free anyway.

Affiliate Manager jai @ Expedia(SEO)'s Avatar
    hi,

You mayalready have this, it is a good tool that most people use to not only get a better idea for their keywords, but will also see what the market is looking for.

I also recomend to look for misspellings and off words, like Lundon, Barsolona.

Jai

ABW Ambassador
    I don't know if I read that right (it really helps with reading to have paragraph breaks so it's not all shmished together), but there is NO WAY you can get anyone to manage an Adwords campaign for $50 a month. And the most important part of SEM, whether it's PPC or SEO is knowing how and picking the right keywords, or else it's flying blind and throwing money out.

Submissions are worthless, there are only a few crawling search engines and they find sites by following links.

Affiliate Manager jai @ Expedia(SEO)'s Avatar
    i have to agree with Webworker, once you get the keywords that is all the work, once they start to run you optimize your standings and shuffle your buy, words and ranking as you go.

Here is the link i failed to give before:
    http://inventory.overture.com/d/sear...ry/suggestion/

I would really reconsider your 'helper' and what role he plays in your business plan

I wish to give them a try if you dont mind to mention the url in question. you may as well PM me.

thanks.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by tijan
    I wish to give them a try if you dont mind to mention the url in question. you may as well PM me.

thanks.
    You are too new to get PMs yet. Just so you know After you participate more you will get the ability to send and receive pms.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread