Co-Founder and CTO of Linkskare Leaves Company?
    I tried to get confirmation on this from the LS moderator, but they don't seem to like to answer my posts or PM's anymore.

Word has it that the Chief Technology Officer and Co-Founder of Linkshare, Horace Meng, has exited the company this week.

One has to wonder what is going on as I believe he was the one in charge of Synergy Analytics, which is still in beta testing after 16 months and has recently been plagued with multiple crashes and some delayed reporting.

I don't know if he quit or was let go, but the timing is interesting. This pretty much leaves the management now to just John J-H Kim and Steve Denton.

If anyone out there, including a LS Moderator, can provide additional information, please share what you know.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Hey 7-days they should hire you to do PR for them, as you sure have the inside scoop. I need to find someone to pawn my GoldenLink Award too as my LS income tumbled 80% since I received it. Maybe Stephen would want it as a memento.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

hmmm might be a good time to short the stock
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Mike,

I have this tiny little voice in my head...

Actually, the time I suggested Mr. Messer was doing everything to simply sell his company was pure speculation. But, after months of mentally putting all the pieces of the puzzle together, it all suggested he was selling.

I can't take the credit for Mr. Meng. Word is out on that one and I am just reporting after the fact. I just wanted confirmation and a further explanation.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

It's not unusual for founders to leave companies once they get acquired and can cash out. If I'm not mistaken Linkshare got sold to Rakuten recently so that might have provided a nice cash-out opportunity for the early folks. It's not necessarily a bad sign. Startup-personality-type people aren't always the best employment matches to more mature companies anyway.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

Assuming it's true, it sounds like good news to me. Under Horace Meng's leadership, the technology at LinkShare was cutting edge and innovative through about 1999. Some new blood could finally bring LinkShare into the 21st century.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Michael,

We can only hope that there are some improvements as need is obvious to us and even to some of the LS employees I've talked to.

I sent Ranae a PM asking for confirmation of Mr. Meng's departure, but have not heard back from her.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by La Valette
    Startup-personality-type people aren't always the best employment matches to more mature companies anyway.
    Startup personality + employment = gas tank + sugar

Ain't gonna run!

I'd read more into the fact that it was sold, than that he left it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Coley
    Under Horace Meng's leadership, the technology at LinkShare was cutting edge and innovative through about 1999.
    Heh heh

Uh, Ranae (or whatever you real name is), can you at the very least validate this?

Kelli, I know you are still reading the posts here, care to post something?
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Personnel matters are private. Unless Linkshare is authorized to make a public statement, you should not expect to get a reply and that's how it should be.

It's not personal, it's business and with all the problems LS has had with Synergy Analytics, I guess I'd like to know what their plans are if he has indeed left. I've been trying to get the LS moderator to tell us what is up with Synergy Analytics for a couple of weeks now and no response while it seems to be getting worse. Now with their Chief Technology Officer gone, I wonder who is in control and if we can expect even worse results from Synergy Analytics.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread