Problem Getting Paid - Anyone from LS reading this? Please help!
    I have this one merchant that I generated around $12k in commissions for since Nov 2005.

Since then I've been paid the commissions for Nov and Dec 2005, a total of around $1,200 only. Just 10% of the total amount owed.

The remaining commissions were generated evenly over Jan 2006 to date, so I was expecting to get paid at least the Jan and Feb sums by now. According to SynergyAnalytics those months have been remitted by the merchant to Linkshare. So why haven't they been paid to me?

Emailed Linkshare support on this several times - no reply! (What is it with LS support anyway??)

Emailed the merchant too, also with no reply, but as per the above I don't really think it's a problem at their end. My money seems to have stopped at Linkshare.

Payment for all my other merchants seems to be flowing through just fine.

If anyone from Linkshare reads this email, please help!
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

Who is the merchant if you don't mind me asking?

And call support...You can get someone on the phone right away...

1 888 SHARE 89

I wouldn't like to disclose the merchant here - it doesn't look like it's their fault anyways.

LS support has now sent me this boiler plate email back saying they always pay on time so it must be the merchant's fault. Synergy Analytics is showing a different story. According to Synergy Analytics, LS received the Jan payment in March and the Feb payment in April. I have yet to see a cent from these myself.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    La_Valette,
    It sounds like there might be a hold on your account. I just sent you a PM to get your username and email. I can look into this for you.

Ranae

I will reply to your PM, but I would be appalled if there was a hold on my account (why??) and nobody informed me.

la valette...keep us posted! I would really like to know what is going on...

Well Linkshare is now saying that the merchant is responsible and specifically put my account on hold. They are saying that the merchant would like to "understand my business model". Since when can a merchant do this after the fact - after they have been happily accepting all the sales I have been sending them for the last six months? Never during these six months have they ever contacted me with any questions in this regard. If I hadn't realized they weren't paying me, I probably would have gone on sending them traffic forever at my expense. Not the slightest indication from their side that there's a problem and they don't intend to pay. Receiving nice and flowery affiliate newsletters regularly too.

The merchant in question is Oriental Trading Company by the way. Consider this a warning on doing business with them.

I'm also outraged at Linkshare for letting this kind of attempted theft happen.
    Last edited by La_Valette; May 18th, 2006 at 11:21 AM.

Quite often, and not just with LS, networks side with the merchant until an affiliate can prove otherwise. Hang in there, but be careful.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Never had a problem like this anywhere else though - not even at LS up to this point.

Quite unbelievable - exchanged several emails & calls with the merchant (and their lawyer) and they are now trying to move the goalposts and refuse to pay until we hand over reams of information like volume of sales from keyword traffic (we have no idea of that ourselves), keywords used (those would be our trade secrets), and so forth. Once again, never during the last six months during which they happily accepted our sales and wrote us emails along the lines of "Dear Valued Affiliate" did they ever show the slightest interest in this stuff - they're just asking for it now that we demanded payment of our overdue monies. It's beginning to look like we'll have to go to the courts to collect our dues, but let this be a warning to anyone reading this thread: review your merchants frequently and ask questions when you don't see payment coming through.

Linkshare needs to do something fast about clearing guys like this out of the system. They give affiliate marketing a bad name. I don't see how they could have pulled a stunt like this with a network like CJ where payment is automatic unless explicit reversals occur. It seems to me that Linkshare needs to be extra careful given that it runs on an invoicing system.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread