Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Should CJ Have More Contact With Affiliates?
    I get calls and IM's on the regular from my Azoogleads and Partner Weekly reps...

They tell me about hot merchants, ask me how I am doing, why are my sales down, thanking me for great sales etc.

They answer questions, keep me posted about when I will be paid, yada, yada, yada.

But CJ has never 'reached out' to me. It would be nice to get a phone call, see how I am doing, congrat me on my jump to 5 bar, or how killer my EPC is lately, the staus of this unpaid merchant, and just develop a personal relationship with a rep.

I really value my relationship with Azoogle and Partner Weekly and when they call me, I put a lot of weight in what we are discussing.

Come on CJ...Warm up...It would do wonders...We are just f*ck buddies and I want to get married!!!!

Have two more good months and you can apply for a Performer rep... or have you done 10k commis for more than 3 months in a row?

I have gotten out of the blue contact from CJ, but it was from the merchant side, not an affiliate-helper. There are some good merchant reps who care about their client's affiliates.

Are you kidding? Do you know how many affiliates there are compared to the number of reps they have? Even if you are a 5 bar affiliate, there are thousands of 5 bar affiliates. They have made a potentially simplistic business decision that lower payroll means higher profit (thinking that your earnings as an affiliate won't change based on their relationship with you). They may be right or they may be wrong. If you're doing a good job and making money, who cares what they have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketguyz
    Are you kidding? Do you know how many affiliates there are compared to the number of reps they have? Even if you are a 5 bar affiliate, there are thousands of 5 bar affiliates. They have made a potentially simplistic business decision that lower payroll means higher profit (thinking that your earnings as an affiliate won't change based on their relationship with you). They may be right or they may be wrong. If you're doing a good job and making money, who cares what they have to say.
    Well, for me...If I have someone from CJ calling me and egging me on to do better, or to get with this hot merchant, I will respond...

Maybe I just like to be coddled....lol

But seriously...If I have positive pressure from CJ to do better...I will...And it would make me feel good about doing business with them...

But perhaps you are right...cost-benefit analysis might say that having account reps may decrease profit...

Quote Originally Posted by TheHoff
    Have two more good months and you can apply for a Performer rep... or have you done 10k commis for more than 3 months in a row?

I have gotten out of the blue contact from CJ, but it was from the merchant side, not an affiliate-helper. There are some good merchant reps who care about their client's affiliates.
    I am close but not there for the 10K commission...But I hear the CJ Performer is really nothing more than a glorified title with no real substance...

Wouldn't it be more likely for a closer affiliate/merchant relationship to develop than a general CJ network/affiliate relationship to develop?

Frankly, I prefer not be called unless a mutually convenient time slot has been agreed upon previously via e-mail.

I like the intra-e-mail system CJ has. Most of my questions to specific CJ merchants have been answered via the intra-e-mail system of CJ.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I find it annoying. I don't want tons of people calling me everyday with new "offers" they think are good match for me, etc. I like doing business via e-mail and online rather than brick and mortar.

If every CJ advertiser we have and CJ themselves called me, and with all the other affiliate networks I would never get anything done. I would be answering the phone WAY too much.

Want to notify me about changes or new offers? E-Mail me. Or better yet just post them in a area of the control panel of the network in question or something.

Obviously I know if my sales are "way down" and should be working on correcting that myself.

I feel the same way. I don't need anyone at any network to contact me to get me to try anything. I can scope out the available information on my own with no issues to figure out what is worth the effort. I've been skanked with wasted efforts too many times in the past on "hot deal" advice....it's usually a load of crap.

ABW Ambassador
    they send out newsletters with hot merchants and products. that's enough for me. the product statistics that they have a long time ago was helpful, but they removed it.

i have to agree. cj calling me would be annoying. plus, i don't like somebody watching over my shoulders when i'm working. not that i'm doing something wrong but my creativity is hampered. i like to do things my way at my time, and not trying to live up to other people's expectations.

and last, from the cj employee's side, too much familiarity with the affiliate can be dangerous to the affiliate's website health.

linkshare has a rep calling me from time to time only to ask if i needed something and to push some merchants. nothing specific from their side about what i'm doing unless i'm the one who asked for it. i don't mind those. in fact i'd appreciate that.

Well, sounds like my idea stinks. HA!

However, I have to thank my azoogleads and partner weekly reps for increasing my income by about $3,000/month over the past 3 months. They pushed me to do some things and it worked great!

They have rarely been wrong and I look forward to their calls!

Quote Originally Posted by melty

However, I have to thank my azoogleads and partner weekly reps for increasing my income by about $3,000/month over the past 3 months. They pushed me to do some things and it worked great!

Well tell them to give me a call too then! Seriously Melty... you should pat yourself on the back for implementing their ideas to your benefit. It's not like everybody they call has experienced the same success. But I would think about the massive number of calls you might get if you wish such an experience upon yourself.

ABW Ambassador

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=73521

hmmm... What did they push you to do?

ABW Ambassador
    not entirely.

in your case, you do indeed need a little chat with cj.

hope that turns out fine.

Melty I am curious as to exactly why CJ would just completely close your account with little to no warning?

Quote Originally Posted by MeeMaw
    Melty I am curious as to exactly why CJ would just completely close your account with little to no warning?
    I know the details of what happened and let's just say that it was a misunderstanding in communication. All is well for both melty and CJ. And it is good to know that CJ is on the prowl for crooks. So crooks beware.
    Akiva Bergstrom | akiva@affsolutions.com | 718-871-8286

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creator™

Managed Programs: EssentialApparel.com (Join) | SportsFanfare.com (Join)

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creator™!

ABW Ambassador
    aaahh, that's not reassuring, isn't it?

whatever happened to Melty can happen to anyone, including non-crooks.

so honest people too, beware!

and just curious how you got involved in this. were you the merchant he's promoting?

Well I hope melty drops in a line. I hope everything turns out okay for him. Thanks for looking into the issue Akiva!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    They tell me about hot merchants, ask me how I am doing, why are my sales down, thanking me for great sales etc.
    What D Steitz and WayToGo said.

From the CJ-generated recruitment emails (not just the merchant using the CJ mail system--sometimes they get CJ reps to look for "good fits" for their program), no thanks--I don't need to hear them push duds to me on the phone. And if I was a CJ merchant, I'd think twice about having CJ reps try to find affiliates. Their idea of a "good fit" is usually reaaallly lousy...

And I HATE IT when some idiot asks why my sales are down. Thanks loads, for the salt in the wound!! And for acting like a *&^*% empl*yer (empl*yers like to say BS like "why are there so few parts done here?!" With implied threat.). Way to get me to hit Drop instead of trying to sell more of your stuff.

They are free to thank me for great sales, though. But, the best thank-you is a nice fat bonus. I can't spend Schmooze.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

If you really are in need of warm fuzzies, spend more time being nice to your family and friends!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I, too, would like to know what flagged melty's account, even though we now know it was okay. Who is to say that next week CJ does not send one of us a letter like that. I for one would like to be prepared to repsond and hope Melty can give us details so we can be on the lookout for things that might flag our accounts, even if they are proper and allowed.

As much as I like CJ, this and the holding of my commission money last month because of a missing W9 and communication from them I never received has me a bit concerned that they have grown so big that we are nothing but statistics and a line on an account ledger somewhere. I hope CJ is not losing the personal touch.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

>>>I hope CJ is not losing the personal touch.<<<

they had one?

Question
    What exactly happened to melty and what letter are you taking about???

It was moved elsewhere by Akiva with a note of explanation. Soulds like it is all being worked out (whew) and was an isolated case.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    It was moved elsewhere by Akiva with a note of explanation. Soulds like it is all being worked out (whew) and was an isolated case.
    Moved where?

7 Days A Week Marketing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast