I want to know your experience with these merchants:
    Dell
    Apple
    Wal-Mart
    Target
    Overstock
    BestBuy

If any one have good , bad experiences PLease share

I'm sure people will be quick to tell you their bad experiences, but few will come and tell you how great they are (who wants the competition?). So asking a question like that, please understand that most of the answers will be negative.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    I do good with all of them (seriously) except Best Buy which isn't at LS. Never had a problem getting sales from merchants people have actually heard of, the big brands.

I do good with all of them (seriously) except Best Buy which isn't at LS. Never had a problem getting sales from merchants people have actually heard of, the big brands.
    Without going into specifics (unless you want to. ), how do you present the products to visitors? Through a datafeed site? Market through PPC or natural SE?

Just curious..

They all have good brand recognition, which helps conversions.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    "how do you present the products to visitors?"

I don't do products for the most, I do deals, promotions, coupons. And some of those deals, promotions and coupons involve products.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I'm sure people will be quick to tell you their bad experiences
    well then... I don't need to post

My opinion: these are all the 2% commission/low cookie merchants.

You have to sell a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOT of stuff QUICKLY to make any money with them

and......

every affiliate in the world has them... so a g search for walmart will return you... and 40 million others

ABW Ambassador
    Well, let's say you have a merchant that pays 5% and another that pays 8%. Everything else being equal, if the 5% merchant converts twice as much than the 8%, you're doing better with the 5% merchant. You're making more per click, EPC being the metric to look at.

Walmart is 5 - 12% with a 3 day cookie
    Overstock is 3% - 7% (higher if you're on the other tier) with a 14 day cookie
    Target is 3% - 10% with a 7 day cookie
    Apple is 0% - 2% with a 15 day cookie
    Dell 1% - 2.5% with a 1 day cookie

So Dell and Apple pay low and Dell's cookie could be a lot better. But they are computer merchants and like electronics merchants the commission tends to be low. But I look at EPC which is good for me since most people when they want to buy a Dell or Apple online would probably think to go to Dell or Apple first.

And it's with any merchant out there. Start a thread and ask about any merchant and you'll get positive, negative and everything in between. And then pick any of those responses you like and that doesn't mean you'll have the same.

They all convert well except sometimes there are communication and payment issues. For example Dell just paid December and January commissions 2-3 months late. I'm seeing quite a bit of improvement in communication with Walmart and Target which is much appreciated, but Best Buy is still pretty bad at getting back to affiliates. I've yet to talk to an actual person at Apple's affiliate program which is a bit disappointing considering I use their products.

Overstock does well in terms of conversions and earnings, but they have problems with the way their commissions are issued. Sometimes I receive 3% instead of 7% on particular items. Their "fix" for this is to have their affiliates manually create a spreadsheet of the miscommissioned items to be emailed to their affiliate managers for reimbursement. This has been a huge outstanding issue for a couple years now and Overstock has yet to fix it properly. They still have hundreds of affiliates who have been shortchanged over the years who aren't even aware that Overstock owes them money. Overstock has no plans to proactively pay them what they're owed.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Agreed all of these merchants do well except for Best Buy which they declined me. I am hoping they move to a new network soon so I can reapply.

I use only organic listings which is making me sick lately with all the Google problems.

The advantage of working with the big guys is that they're usually ethical and pay on time. On the other hand, you also could get plenty of window-shopping folks who just browse their products online and then pop into the nearest store to actually buy.

Not a problem with the smaller merchants that tend not to have a nearby brick-and-mortar prescence to compete with you. On the other hand, I'm learning to my chagrin that a few of the smaller guys can be downright crooks when it comes to actually paying you your dues...
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread