Two questions
    Hello everyone. I'm new to affiliate marketing, and I have two "newbie" questions.
    Thanks for your patience.

1. How many advertisers should a publisher have on their web site?
    There may not be a definite rule, but a ballpark range would be helpful.

2. If a publisher promotes an advertiser through Commission Junction, does it make sense to list that exact same advertiser with another affiliate program (in addition to CJ)?
    In this example, there is one web page out there that promotes the same advertisers within two or more affiliate programs.

Thanks for the tips.

Cliff.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by schwine
    Hello everyone. I'm new to affiliate marketing, and I have two "newbie" questions.
    Thanks for your patience.

1. How many advertisers should a publisher have on their web site?
    There may not be a definite rule, but a ballpark range would be helpful.

2. If a publisher promotes an advertiser through Commission Junction, does it make sense to list that exact same advertiser with another affiliate program (in addition to CJ)?
    In this example, there is one web page out there that promotes the same advertisers within two or more affiliate programs.

Thanks for the tips.

Cliff.

1. Depends on your page context, you can have multiple advertisers on your page but make sure you dont overflow the web site with links or your page will loose on it's value IMO, or you can create a page especially for an advertiser with some contextual content.
    2.I really dont see the need to put 2 affiliate link for a website from multiple affiliate networks for the same advertiser, just put the one that pays higher (if different payouts)
    My 2 cents..
    Regards

1. it all depends on your site. If you're selling jewelry, put the jewelry stores you want to promote on there. If only 1 store has the stuff you want to promote, then just list them.
    2. i wouldn't. If you want a relationship with them, then you want to sell more from 1 program, so you have leverage. like darkstorm said, pick the one with more $, or better stability or so.

Thanks for the insight.

I guess I'm thinking of a web page with a common theme, let's say all season tires, for example. I see the logic in promoting just one advertiser; ie. the one with the highest ranking.

On the other hand, if a publisher lists 7-10 advertising "competitors," for instance, on the same web page within this common theme, this doesn't seem like an inherently bad idea since all of the competitors are grouped within the same common theme. Web page visitors can benefit from browsing through more than one choice. But in this line of thinking, there is likely an advisable limitation. Listing ten advertising competitors on one web page is one thing, but increasing the numbers beyond this amount may limit effective click-through results.

Another variation to this idea is to have one web page for each of the ten advertisers.
    I guess it all depends on the rankings and trying out different approaches.

Affiliate Manager
    Ofcourse testing the ideeas and see which one pay's higher is a good aproach.

I guess I'm thinking of a web page with a common theme, let's say all season tires, for example. I see the logic in promoting just one advertiser; ie. the one with the highest ranking.
    My thoughts on this is not to choose the highest ranking/quality better to choose the best seller, not everyone agrees with you on what's quality and not.

Also another aproach like you said multiple advertiser but not many, this ideea will work better since it's my believe that people would like to choose for themselves instead of be told by someone "buy this because i said so", better grade the advertiser as you see fit(eg: quality, price etc.) but let the consumer choose.

Regards

I've found that listing as many merchants that actually pay will increase rev....not just the one that pays the most.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread