New to affiliate programs.
    I have a pretty good job now but I would love to make some extra money online with affiliate programs and whatever else that could make some money.

Is it realistic to make $1,000/1,500 a week doing affiliate programs? I know the billion websites out there that are trying to sell an eBook say you will make $10,000 a week, I dont doubt some make this kind of money doing this but probably no more than 3/5% of affiliates do.

Another thing that I have looked into and would love to do is start an online retail store using dropshippers, would this be a bad idea?

You can make that kind of money with affiliate programs. In my opinion, that it a little on the low end. You need to do your research and I personally would not use dropshippers.
    I would do something like one page sales letter type sites.
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by XJasonX
    I have a pretty good job now but I would love to make some extra money online with affiliate programs
    You're certainly come to the right place to learn then, Jason! Welcome to ABW!

Is it realistic to make $1,000/1,500 a week doing affiliate programs?
    Yes. Absolutely! Do a week a two of reading around here, and researching all and any questions that you may have and start with it! There are plenty of great tools described on this forum, and a crowd of great people to help you succeed... Hint: most valuable information is not "voiced out-loud" at ABW, but hidden "between the lines".

Another thing that I have looked into and would love to do is start an online retail store using dropshippers, would this be a bad idea?
    Wonderful idea. One of my best partners earns very good money off of Russian Legacy through a relationship like this. Do a search by "dropshipping" and "drop shipping" keywords here at ABW to see what's already been said/discussed about such kind of relationship with merchants here...

Geno

I have a pretty good job now but I would love to make some extra money online with affiliate programs and whatever else that could make some money.
    First, don't quit that good job until you start to make more money weekly with affiliate programs, than what you're making now on your job monthly.

Second, the "whatever else that could make some money" part, don't sound too good around here, because there are a lot of something else that could make some money but, they're not the right thing to do.
    Is it realistic to make $1,000/1,500 a week doing affiliate programs?
    It's possible to make that, and more a week in clean affiliate marketing, but since you're new to affiliate programs, the only way for you to reach those amounts fast, will cost you money to start, because you will need to at least do some PPC in order to get the ball rolling.

It would take more than a miracle for anyone new to this business, to make an affiliate site today, and get the search engines to send you a lot of free traffic soon, like just a couple of years ago.
    If you have the time, the patience to deal with the customers yourself, and some start up money, then it's a good idea because then you may make more profit later. They are a few listed on ABW, just search for them.

Good Luck.

Thanks guys for the confidence booster!

Mr. Sal, I didnt mean anything dirty by saying "whatever else that could make some money", I just meant that theres several different ways to make money online cleanly.

I dont plan to quit my job ANY time soon.

Get with a good network
    There are people paid to help you get going in the affiliate world, they are called Affiliate Managers. They work at every network and are here to help. We are often an overlooked resource for new marketers. I personally have taken many newbie’s and if they are dedicated move them to making a very good living online you can send me an email if you like if you want to find out more, as there are many ways to do it.

Mike
    mike@cpaempire.com

Mike, welcome here! What do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    It's possible to make that, and more a week in clean affiliate marketing, but since you're new to affiliate programs, the only way for you to reach those amounts fast, will cost you money to start, because you will need to at least do some PPC in order to get the ball rolling.
    Do you think one would need PPC to make a thousand in a month?
    Or would that be possible with an emphasis only on affiliate sales?

I've made a thousand dollars but not in one month.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    XJasonX:

If you venture into drop shipping be careful, there are a number of scammers out there: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?p=557264

Don't pay for the privilege and check with the merchant before you start promoting products. If it is too good to be true it probably isn't.

I'm new here myself, but from my admittedly limited experience, drop shipping, especially if you're thinking of selling on ebay, is a field already full of many mediocre middle men. However, it entirely depends on who you partner with -- doing a search on google for "drop shipping" and partnering with the #1 site that comes up is probably what everyone else is doing too, so maybe not the best idea in terms of competitive edge.

The senior forum members are right -- some of the best info is here, but nobody will reveal their exact trade secrets, so read and learn, and keep thinking until your head hurts!

Quote Originally Posted by CPAMike
    There are people paid to help you get going in the affiliate world, they are called Affiliate Managers. They work at every network and are here to help. We are often an overlooked resource for new marketers. I personally have taken many newbie’s and if they are dedicated move them to making a very good living online you can send me an email if you like if you want to find out more, as there are many ways to do it.

Mike
    mike@cpaempire.com
    Here I was thinking that affiliate managers worked for the merchant to administer their affiliate program for them. Sort of like an outsourced way to maintain their program for them and try attract new affiliates to join up.

Affiliate managers work with the affiliates themseves? See you do learn new things at ABW daily

OOOPS just realized was an old POST, LOL GethsemeneRose's Avatar
    The way I understand it from the few AM's who have actually taken the time to write to this newbie the AM's work for the merchant to help the publisher do well because unless the publisher is doing well they are not sending anything to the merchant this means it is in the merchants interest to have a manager helping the affiliate get things going right. The AM's who have written to me have given me some good advice and encouragement.
    :gnome: [URL]www.gethsemenerose.com[/URL] :gnome: As for me and my SITE we shall serve the LORD!

If this is hijacking the thread maybe a mod could split it?

My question then is do all affiliate programs have AM's? If so, if you never hear from them, is it safe to assume they either 1. don't care or 2. don't think you are worth the effort in trying to help?

I have 2 CJ links on a site of mine that gets no clicks and therefore no sales. I haven't heard from anyone beyond CJ themselves telling me something about the links changing soon.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Some programs run on auto pilot with little involvement from the company. Some programs are not advertised and you have to be invited to join.

A good AM should send you an personal response when you join and respond within 24 hours when you send a question. Not all of us do this others feel bad when we don't get to the personal contact point.

If your questions go unanswered and it is effecting your conversion or payments then it is time to move on. If you are getting paid in a timely manner and able to make money then stay with the program.

ALL, READ THIS POST By: XJasonX :

I'm deleting the link as it lists Jason's posts that were were deleted from that thread by another moderator this morning.

Last edited by Ron Bechdolt; August 30th, 2006 at 08:36 AM. Reason: I'm deleting the link as it lists Jason's posts that were were deleted from that thread by another moderator this morning.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread