More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    What Truly Is Great About This Line Of Work
    There is none of the usual nonsense.

No playing for favor with your boss.

No "making appearances".

No appeasing those that might otherwise make trouble for you.

No diversity manager.

No manager. (At least not in the traditional sense)

Just a single bottom line.

Of course there are still a lot of pitfalls, but even so, someone in this business is not constantly having to haggle with them face to face on a personal basis. Also, if one can go "content" and go more the "services" route if they so choose or perhaps not. One can simply deliver products. Or a mix. No end to the number of directions one may go.

This is perhaps the final frontier.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

ABW Ambassador
    No dress code

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    No "making appearances".

No appeasing those that might otherwise make trouble for you.
    Those two things have usually been the trouble I run in to in the j*b world. I am not one to sit across a table from someone who I don't like and doesn't like me (and we both know it) and make nice.
    I tend to be the one who asks questions that make people squirm in their chair, but only if the question needs to be asked.

I often see diplomacy as a copout for not saying or doing what needs to be said or done.

Making appearances is also right on. Call me overly independent, but I go where I want, when I want and stay for as long as I want, within the confines of the law and my own standards. For me to feel like I have to go to a party to "make an appearance" makes me feel ill.

Affiliate marketing is indeed my final frontier. While my business model may change to adapt to a changing industry, I doubt seriously that I will ever have another j*b unless is it a cool, fun thing that I do on my own terms and in my spare time.

ABW Ambassador
    Here's what I like. I remember as a little kid on an airplane grabbing a magazine to read and it had a hand with a bunch of cash in it. Said something about being an entrepreneur. Had no idea what that word meant, just know it looked like something I might like I've always admired people who do their own thing, start their own business, are in charge. And that's what I like about it. I'm in charge, I do this on my own, on my own time. So that's what keeps me going. Never going to have a boss again in my life. Once you get a taste of the freedom affiliate marketing can give you, there is no going back. At least for me.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    With 7 in the family, I just about need 6 figures. 4 days away from the grocery store and the refrigerator is bare! The medical bills are out of this world too! I'm not talking about living large. Just living.

100K - That is my goal for May 20, 2007.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

I can rant about anything and give my opinion about anything I consider dudgeon-inducing and it earns me money. Where else do you get paid for being a churl?

For me it's been pure freedom, with a huge dose of creativity thrown in. I could NEVER go back to a j.o.b.!

Job = too much face time, office politics and getting paid a fraction of what I'm worth

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    No dress code
    Amen to that.

No set work hours.

No set work location.

No limits to your earnings potential.

No limit to your number of vacation days.

No docked pay for missing work.

No commute.

No performance reviews (kind of).

No meetings (unless you want to).

No bosses complaining about spending too much time on the Internet.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

No bosses complaining about spending too much time on the Internet.
    The No bosses part is right!

About someone else complaining about spending too much time on the Internet?
    I refuse to comment about that for now.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    You all are playin' my tune!

I agree with all that's been stated about what's better about this than a j*b. I don't think the suckage of empl*yment can be overstated. In fact I had already decided not to do any more of THAT before I even found AM.

I will add to the lists:

there are no timed breaks/arrivals/leavings in this business

I can take time off whenever I want without having to care if some empl*yer would find my reason insufficient or even infuriating

I don't have anyone checking to see if I did anything at the precise *minute* it was scheduled.

In fact, I don't do schedules, period!

I don't have to tolerate any petty BS or nitpicking. Anal-retentives are dropped.

Vacations happen whenever, and are always paid at the full rate.

It doesn't matter when my sleep schedule changes itself by about 12 hours suddenly. The Internet never closes and doesn't have shifts.

Internet Cowboy
    All of that AND.....I don't have to shower!!!!!!!!!!!

ummmmmm......not that I.......don't.........errrrrr.....NEVERMIND!!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter

ummmmmm......not that I.......don't.........errrrrr.....NEVERMIND!!

You ADMIT that in PUBLIC?!!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Animal Lover
    Mr Sal I love your smilies...

Ewwww....

Oscar
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Hey, it's not like the computer can smell anything!

Freedom.

Life , Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness including:

I can do what I like when I like and how I want to do it.
    I can actually determine and maintain my own income (within practical reason).
    I can tell anyone at will to go puck themselves without fear of financial hardship (I'm nowhere near dependent on any single entity).
    I can shave whenever.
    I can shower whenever....(Yes, Im free to go grunge when it suits the mood.)
    I can smoke whatever I like with no fear of anyone checking whats in my urine.
    I'm not required to wear pants and can freerange within the realm of the house in my underwear...boxers or otherwise....if you hang out all day you might see me checking the mailbox for checks in my underwear...my daily form of protest.
    I don't have to fake I'm sick...I just have to say, "I don't feel like doing anything this day, month, or even season."

There is no other way to make a living to me.

If it comes to where I can't do this stuff anymore I'm damned...because the bottom line is this will always be the sweetest years, and I would not change it for the world.

Nothing beats checks in the mail and you're outside smelling the flowers. Build a site, promote it and the checks appear in the mail. Nice.

No traffic commute
    No office politics
    No boss
    The best coffee in the world
    Half day work schedule

Checks in the mail...

Priceless
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dsteitz
    Freedom.

Life , Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness including:

I can smoke whatever I like with no fear of anyone checking whats in my urine.
    Amen
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

My Daughter needs to get tubes in her ears...

Okay.. I am self employed so that means that I am going to have an expense.

It also means that I am going to be able to be there for her surgery.

I love the fact that I can be there for any of my families needs.

I work 18 hours a day sometimes. Some times I get up and work at 4 in the morning. Sometimes I work at 3am.... until 11pm.. Yes, sometimes this business has you working forever kind of hours but.. if you wake up tommorow morning and your little girl needs to be taken to the bus or your little girl needs to go to swimming lessons at 1pm then you can rearrange your day so that you can be a part of it.

I worked a "job" for 20 years. I missed a lot. I do mean A LOT!

Making your own hours is irreplaceable in my own humble opinion. Even if I can only make 40k a year in this business it is much more profitable for my family life than if I still had my "day Job".

I owe my thanks to ................ well, uhh, I owe it to myself! And I owe it to GOD for allowing me to live this life. It certainly is a good replacement life for a life living and workig for "The Man".

I'm sure that my daughters are much more happy than they would be if I was working the 9 to 5. I get to take them to the bus. I get to pick them up from the bus. Then I get to spend time with them whenever "MY" 9-5 is over.

It is truly priceless.

My 9-5 ended 8 years ago and I owe it all to affiliate marketing. It has been a definate rollercoaster ride and it continues to tumble.. Google updates, Algorithym changes, paid search changes, etc.

I love it and it could'nt be much better. Well, I guess it would be better if all of the search engines listed my sites number one tomorrow morning, of course.

Life, liberty and the persuit of happiness .....

I believe that happiness is where the heart is. My heart is with my many daughters and thanks to affiliate marketing, I am able to give them all of myself, all of the resources that I have EARNED with affiliate marketing and most importantly, all of the benefits that go along with being self-employed. Priceless.
    :warning: If we don't get some cool rules ourselves.... pronto... then we'll just be bogus too..

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread