You guys ever feel...
    like you've got soooo much you need to get done, so much that you would like to get done, but just don't have the hands, the time, the coffee to do it?? Doesn't it drive you crazy?

I've been stuck on one project for about a month now, and everytime I think i'm near completion, I have to go back and change something else. Grrr.

I'm ready for the next merchant, if my obsessive mind will allow it!
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyBusiness
    like you've got soooo much you need to get done, so much that you would like to get done, but just don't have the hands, the time, the coffee to do it?? Doesn't it drive you crazy?

I've been stuck on one project for about a month now, and everytime I think i'm near completion, I have to go back and change something else. Grrr.

I'm ready for the next merchant, if my obsessive mind will allow it!
    YES!
    Otherwise what the hell do you think I am doing here now [Sunday, 12:10 am]

That's is one of the good part of this business, if we feel stuck, we just shoot the breeze at any time anywhere, who cares what they say, we're our own boss right?

Ain't that the truth!! pretty much my entire online existance. Add two small children and you've got a recipe for totally insanity some days!! LOL!!

But I really do love it Its the only activity that allows me to use almost every skill I have...I said almost
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Amen. As aggrivating as it can be, I'd rather not be doing anything else...other than making more mula!

Actually, I still hold a 8-5 job. The problem there is, is that I go to work, but think about (and sometimes do) work I'm not supposed to. That's a pretty good sign that I need to hurry up and make this work!
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com

I feel that way every single day! I have way more ideas than I do time to do them all. And what's worse, many times I'll start an idea and not finish it.

I stay home and homeschool my 5 boys so I have to manage my time very carefully - it is hard to squeeze it all in. My laptop is a permanent attachment to my body these days.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

And what's worse, many times I'll start an idea and not finish it.
    Story of most of my projects...but the ones I do finish pay off ...(thank goodness!).

(I'm debating home schooling...my daughters starting kindergarten in the fall...I'll prolly p.m. you zimmy when I have to cross that road)
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Dude! I'm like this every friggin' day! I have so many projects in mental development but getting the ball rolling on them is damn near impossible! The #1 problem is I don't have the time. The #2 is most of what I want to start requires technical skill I don't have! So... I've either got to learn some new piece of software and/or pay someone to do the coding/set up....it's a real bummer!

Lyte

Looks like a lot of parents (mothers especially) are taking the homeschool route these days (I don't blame them). What do you ladies think about the proper socialization of your kids? Ever afraid they might not learn the things they need to by interacting with other school kids?

Just curious (not intended as any kind of insult). It's just a question I've always wanted to ask, but never got around to it.

That is the story of my affiliate marketing life. I have a ton of ideas, and each day I get more. It gets unbearable sometimes when I surf around, because that just adds to the ideas list. My main problem is that usually I have ten ideas that I really really want to work on, and I can't just pick one of them so I spend days and days deciding what to work on first. Like Suz says, once I get a site up, it's always a good thing, but getting to that point is the real problem.

I could employ 10 of me if only someone would get to the human cloning.

Time management and making a must do list is what helps me. Notice I didn't say a to do list as they just don't work
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Looks like a lot of parents (mothers especially) are taking the homeschool route these days (I don't blame them). What do you ladies think about the proper socialization of your kids? Ever afraid they might not learn the things they need to by interacting with other school kids?
    I homeschooled my 2 boys and they were plenty socialized. We had classes at the Natural History museum 2 times a month, Civil Air Patrol, play day in the park on Fridays with other HS, nature classes at the local park, field trips with the local HS group, etc.. When they were old enough they had part time jobs.

In fact, there were times when we had to make sure we didn't sign up for too many things. Both have gone on to college and done well.
    Ebudae

Yes, sign me up for the 48 hour day and capability to be able to do a lot more with my time.

I know the feeling....

but what can you do?

i just try and do what i can and hope it's better than most..not all...just most.

it helps to have another person to handle the side issues/needs...if not just try and "keep em' separated"....here is my take on the concept of Work - Life:

You go to work and that's your life.

(I'm debating home schooling...my daughters starting kindergarten in the fall...I'll prolly p.m. you zimmy when I have to cross that road)
    Just send me a note when you are ready to chat about it!

As for socialization...I won't go into all of the details here (don't want to derail this thread too much) but basically my kids spend lots of time with other kids. Between sports, church, friends coming over to play, homeschool groups, field trips etc. they have lots of socialization.

And - I am able to monitor who they socialize with. If my children were in public schools, I would have no say in who they would be spending their days with. I have lots more to say on the issue, but that is the bare bones of the issue for me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

If my children were in public schools, I would have no say in who they would be spending their days with.
    Great point That's something that should happen more often..

Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    Time management and making a must do list is what helps me. Notice I didn't say a to do list as they just don't work
    Amen to that. What I've learned is that my to-do lists are more like "should do - but not too important"-lists. So, in essence, these are optional items.

The things that must get done are usually important enough to lodge themselves into my obsessive conscience. and if I want to sleep, I need to do them..

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread