Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MakeAPage!!!!!!!!!
    Is it just ME???????????? GAWD!!!!!!

I am trying like hell to make a site using the SAS "makeapage" interface. The first page is fine, the 2nd page of product is showing up as "bad HTML" in my editor.

I am SO FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What IS it with the code from SAS that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't?!!

I would love to get this new page up and SELLING on my site but can't work without valid code. If I could figure out what the code problem was, I wouldn't be making pages via MakeAPage. LOL

OK /rant but can anyone help me with this? I hate to give up on this site and merchant but that'll be my next move to avoid having a stroke over this agro. GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

It could be a problem with the feed. If you let me know what merchant, I can take a look at it.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Rexanne,

I have had this problem with several merchants at times. What I found that would solve the problem is to consolidate the additional pages into only one long page. Paste it into Notepad or Wordpad or Textpad and then break it into the size and number of pages that I wanted. Works well.

Gene
    TCS

Thank you Greg and Gene!

Greg, I will contact the aff manager for the specific program but thank you for offering to help. It isn't one of your programs.

Gene, if I knew how to combine the pages SAS spits out in the MakeAPage feature, I'd try your option but I wouldn't know how to remove partial code to combine them. It seems I would have to do that, right? I'm totally code-stupid and work through Frontpage so I don't have to know half of what I should to make my life easier. :-) Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it and see what happens anyway. Nothing like spending a Saturday night battling code. ;-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Rexanne,

Let us say that when you generate your pages, you have 20 items per page and five pages are generated. To get them into one page, simply set the number of items to 100 per page and then only one page is generated. Then break the page into five when you copy and paste it. There is a small amount of code to be adjusted when breaking up the page.

Gene
    TCS

Quote Originally Posted by thecool
    Rexanne,

Let us say that when you generate your pages, you have 20 items per page and five pages are generated. To get them into one page, simply set the number of items to 100 per page and then only one page is generated. Then break the page into five when you copy and paste it. There is a small amount of code to be adjusted when breaking up the page.

Gene
    TCS
    Ahhhhhhhh OK now I understand what you meant Gene. Makes perfect sense. If the 2nd page isn't coded right, maybe if I just create 1 page for all of them, it'll work ... Thanks!!! Gonna go try that now.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

*sigh* No luck - Now the 1 page has invalid code ...

I'm giving up until I hear back from the AM. This will for sure give me a stroke if I keep trying to make it work.

Thanks for the suggestion, though Gene. I'll try that when this feature gives me agro the next time.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

If you'll make a bad page and upload it and tell us where it is I'm sure a lot of people will take a look at it and see who can be first to tell you what's wrong and how to fix it.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by missdonna
    If you'll make a bad page and upload it and tell us where it is I'm sure a lot of people will take a look at it and see who can be first to tell you what's wrong and how to fix it.
    Thanks Donna but I can't get the code to work in my editor - it spits it out as invalid so I can't even get a page uploaded if I wanted to. I gave up. LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    if I knew how to combine the pages SAS spits out in the MakeAPage feature, I'd try your option but I wouldn't know how to remove partial code to combine them.
    The only code you need is the one between [ table ] and [ /table ]

Rexanne,

when I get the pages code from the SAS "makeapage" interface, I only copy the code that is between the [ table ] and [ /table ], since I use my own CSS I don't use the SAS CSS.

When I paste that code on Frontpage HTML area, some times the code looks bad with red errors, but, after I go to Normal or Preview and back to HTML to see the code, the code is fine and everything works the way it should work.

I also use the search and replace to remove all of the "sasmakepagetable", class="sasmakepagetable" and class="sasmakepage", since I don't need all that extra code on my pages.

Sal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    The only code you need is the one between [ table ] and [ /table ]

Rexanne,

when I get the pages code from the SAS "makeapage" interface, I only copy the code that is between the [ table ] and [ /table ], since I use my own CSS I don't use the SAS CSS.

When I paste that code on Frontpage HTML area, some times the code looks bad with red errors, but, after I go to Normal or Preview and back to HTML to see the code, the code is fine and everything works the way it should work.

I also use the search and replace to remove all of the "sasmakepagetable", class="sasmakepagetable" and class="sasmakepage", since I don't need all that extra code on my pages.

Sal.
    Thank you Mr Sal. This would be a good option, however, I am using FP 2003 which is a miserable upgrade to 2002. In order to place pre-coded HTML on a page, FP must first recognize the code as valid otherwise it won't accept it. You're way ahead of me on the CSS stuff. I don't have a clue about CSS ... just build a lot of pages individually with SSI and include pages. It's all smoke & mirrors LOL

Thanks for the insight, though.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Affiliate Manager
    Hi Rexanne,

I just replied to your email, I ran the makeapage tool and was unable to find any issues, please respond to my email and I will try to replicate the issue you are having so we can get this working for you!
    Shawn - Nature Hills Nursery, Inc.
    Contact Info: aol im: sms10221975 | shawn"at"naturehills.com | icq: 106-663-985
    Join the Nature Hills affiliate program now | Earn 15% per sale | 365-day Cookie

Quote Originally Posted by affaction shawn
    Hi Rexanne,

I just replied to your email, I ran the makeapage tool and was unable to find any issues, please respond to my email and I will try to replicate the issue you are having so we can get this working for you!
    Thanks Shawn. My email reply has been sent. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Rexanne,

Not sure if your problem has been solved but here's what I do. I use FP 2003 too (I have way more grey hairs now than I used to!). I don't always copy the code from Make A Page. Sometimes I just highlight what I want from the results with images and text, etc., bypassing the code completely, and copy and paste it to my page in the "design" mode, not the code. Works fine. It still keeps your affiliate ID and the links all work properly.

Catwoman

Quote Originally Posted by Catwoman
    Rexanne,

Not sure if your problem has been solved but here's what I do. I use FP 2003 too (I have way more grey hairs now than I used to!). I don't always copy the code from Make A Page. Sometimes I just highlight what I want from the results with images and text, etc., bypassing the code completely, and copy and paste it to my page in the "design" mode, not the code. Works fine. It still keeps your affiliate ID and the links all work properly.

Catwoman
    Thank you Catwoman! That seems like the easiest way around this fiasco.

Isn't FP 2003 user hostile? I call it the "programmers" joke on us. It's great if you're a programmer but if I was, I wouldn't be using FP so what's the deal?! LOL - There are so many "upgrades" that make my life more complicated. What were they thinking?!!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Rexanne,

Try this:

Insert HTML while working in Design view

1. In Page view, at the bottom of the document window, click Design View
    2. Place the insertion point where you want to insert HTML code.
    3. Press CTRL+Q and click Insert HTML.
    4. In the Quick Tag Editor, type the HTML that you want.
    That should recognize the complete link(s) and validate it. let em know how this turns out for you..

Also: http://office.microsoft.com/training...RC010909821033

Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Both the cut-n-paste and Andy's tip on "insert HTML" will work for you Rexanne. FP is both forgiving and obstinate. If you use style sheets always keep the content area wide open for quick update vai cut-n-paste or "insert HTML" features.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Thank you Andy & Mike!!

I'll try this as soon as I decide to go back and battle this one. I'm sure it'll be at some point today because now I'm obsessed witg getting this page done. :-) I'll let you know if it works.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

And that worked. Thank you Andy!!! And thank you Mike for verifying a BASIC I *should* have been able to figure out. Geeeeze, I resist learning hand coding so much, I forget I know the simple things. LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Affiliate Manager
    Hi Rexanne,

I just emailed you 3 pages that I created from the MakeAPage tool, let me know if these work for you - I want to make sure we get this right
    Shawn - Nature Hills Nursery, Inc.
    Contact Info: aol im: sms10221975 | shawn"at"naturehills.com | icq: 106-663-985
    Join the Nature Hills affiliate program now | Earn 15% per sale | 365-day Cookie

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Rexanne is persistant and proves the squeeky wheel gets all the grease...
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread