new to the forum
    Hi
    I have a question to all affiliates. How long before you start earning commissions. Do all of you place pay per click ads? What is the best way to make this effective?

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by maella
    Hi
    I have a question to all affiliates. How long before you start earning commissions. Do all of you place pay per click ads? What is the best way to make this effective?
    hey, welcome to ABW . . .

kinda broad question. how long depends on whether people have found your site or not. takes visitors, to buy stuff. also, site design can be a factor.

not all of us use PPC. personally, I see the risk factor and am still studying it.

Hi
    Thanks for the response. I have been an affiliate for awhile but I am not seeing any sales. I do get a lot of traffic. I am hesitant to do ppc because I haven't been successful with this in the past. I sell my own stuff and I do the affiliate program on the side to hopefully bring additional income. I'm still looking at it to see if it's really worth my time and effort.

I heard that some of the affiliates here earn as much as 10K is that true?

There's no shortage of people making money in this business (and on this forum), as well as making a nice living. In fact, it seems that every poster here (except me) is making upwards of one gazillion bi-monthly. It's like stepping into an episode of the Twilight Zone.

I don't think PPC is as bad as some people might see it. The beauty of it, especially with something like Adwords, is the Learn-as-you-go system; spend as little or much as you want, see how your profits are from your campaigns, and adjust from there. Rinse, repeat. You'll be hardpressed to lose an arm and a leg as long as you monitor your campaigns correctly.

That's my opinion though. I don't make a billion a day, but I'm happy with the progress. There are plenty of people here who are more capable of giving you the hard-truths to the PPC/Affiliate world.

Good luck!
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

Hi maella, and welcome to ABW... It can take along time, or atleast it did for me (several months)... But if you're getting alot of traffic I don't see why you're not seeing any sales.

My advice would be, make sure that the products and services that you are trying to sale are relevant to your site, and would attract the type of vistors that are visiting your site.

Also, if you decide to do PPC, I'd say to set up landing pages that feature one certain product or service, and get to the point real fast without alot of reading, and get the potential buyer to the actual merchants site/product as fast as possible... Think of the landing page as sort of a trap... Be Cunning... And watch out that you don't get carried away with PPC as it can cost big bucks.

Love You,
    HumbleFish
    Last edited by HumbleFish; May 22nd, 2006 at 02:50 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleFish
    Hi maella, and welcome to ABW... It can take along time, or atleast it did for me (several months)... But if you're getting alot of traffic I don't see why you're not seeing any sales.

My advice would be, make sure that the products and services that you are trying to sale are relevant to your site, and would attract the type of vistors that are visiting your site.

Also, if you decide to do PPC, I'd say to set up landing pages that feature one certain product or service, and get to the point real fast without alot of reading, and get the potential buyer to the actual merchants site/product as fast as possible... Think of the landing page as sort of a trap... Be Cunning... And watch out that you don't get carried away with PPC as it can cost big bucks.

Love You,
    HumbleFish
    Thank you for the response. I really appreciate it and find these pointers helpful. As far as ppc I'm still thinking about it and trying to think of the best way to do it. I've done ppc with google a long time ago and those clicks didn't turn into revenue. As far as I'm concerned I accumulated customers by word of mouth and other type of advertisement. I'm actually scared of ppc bec. I've been hit with a lot of money before with no revenue.

I honestly don't know why I don't have any sales. But I've only been an affiliate for less than a month. I'm observing it right now and trying to see whether this is really profitable for me and the time I spend on it is worth it. I'll let you know how it goes. If it doesn't work out as well as the others experience here on the board I'll quit.

Thanks,
    Maella

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    hey, welcome to ABW . . .

kinda broad question. how long depends on whether people have found your site or not. takes visitors, to buy stuff. also, site design can be a factor.

not all of us use PPC. personally, I see the risk factor and am still studying it.
    Hi and thanks again for the response.

Maella

Quote Originally Posted by maella
    Thank you for the response. I really appreciate it and find these pointers helpful. As far as ppc I'm still thinking about it and trying to think of the best way to do it. I've done ppc with google a long time ago and those clicks didn't turn into revenue. As far as I'm concerned I accumulated customers by word of mouth and other type of advertisement. I'm actually scared of ppc bec. I've been hit with a lot of money before with no revenue.

I honestly don't know why I don't have any sales. But I've only been an affiliate for less than a month. I'm observing it right now and trying to see whether this is really profitable for me and the time I spend on it is worth it. I'll let you know how it goes. If it doesn't work out as well as the others experience here on the board I'll quit.

Thanks,
    Maella
    Not a problem you're very welcome... If you've only been at it a month and you have traffic, stick with it; in time you start to see sales.

I lost a little money too with PPC when I was being to general about where I was sending the traffic; but when I started to get really targeted about what I was trying to sale and did what I suggested above I started getting some sales.

Also I recommend going the free-be route, almost everything that you need for affiliate marketing can be found on the internet for free like software, graphics, information, instruction, etc. It can all be found for free and can save you lots of money... You can even get free websites if you look for them... So get it free, and keep your overhead low for extra savings too.

You can do it! and Love You,
    HumbleFish
    Last edited by HumbleFish; May 23rd, 2006 at 03:55 PM. Reason: wording

Quote Originally Posted by doftring
    Why copy the offtopic bad post? All gone...
    Well, first tip, don't post duplicate (word-for-word) posts in two different threads in the same forum. MoneyBusiness gave you a good link to follow in the thread you started.
    Last edited by loxly; May 23rd, 2006 at 05:45 PM.

OOOPS just realized was an old POST, LOL GethsemeneRose's Avatar
    What humble said about the free thing is very good. This is starting on my second month with affiliates and still no sales but the hits are starting to come up today should be my first 100 plus hit day (I got 98 yesterday so close) I have been experimenting with PPC but haven't had to pay much because I have found a lot of "Try $50 of free PPC" on various places. I have learned that TARGETING the PPC to the page helps alot (this last week alone has tripled my hits by sending each keyword to a specific page of my site and more importantly it has increased my visit times and my clickthroughs to merchants still no sales but I anticipate my first sale very soon) I had only 4 click throughs (0.23% ratio of impressions to clicks) on all my CJ merchants for the first 20 days and 14 more in the last 2 days (improving my ratio to 0.89%) I am sure this will continue to work. I am still not sure if I will keep using PPC after I run out of coupons though that will depend on the sales. One interesting point one of my PPC keywords put me into a top slot on a LOT of searches and today I was solicited by a company that runs an adwords type campaign at very cheap rates they wanted me to put thier adwords on my site they had already tailored a campaign for the page that was getting all the hits. Has anyone heard of this company (ExpoActive) should I go with them or not they seem really small but it was my first PPC request (other than GOOGLE) and I am flattered.
    :gnome: [URL]www.gethsemenerose.com[/URL] :gnome: As for me and my SITE we shall serve the LORD!

My opinion would be to stick with the big guns for right now (Google, MSN, etc). You're likely to get good traffic from those sources asyou'll know they are at least somewhat reliable. Good traffic means less fraud (less bills out of your pocket), and possibly more sales..

It may cost a bit more, but it's one less thing to worry about..
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

Thanks guys.... I am not a spammer, just a newbie trying to navigate his way around the site to get the best response.... i'll post a DIFFERENT message in the other forum you suggested.

Dan

not always good to lose control of the ads that appear on your site . . .

Welcome to ABW maella. CJ has a good CJU resource that I often use. It shows you the different models and provides good insight.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread