Make-A-Page and Categories
    Why does their make-a-page feature only host like half the number of categories displayed on their search page?

I'm trying to create a page for a particular merchant, but for the life of me cannot find their main category.

If I don't have a category to use, I try to use some kind of keyword/merchant id/etc, but it won't let me.

I'm a bit stuck. It's not too terribly important, as I'll go and make a page myself instead of fretting over this, but was wondering if anyone had a quick answer? I'd like to at least test it out.

Thanks!
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

I'm trying to create a page for a particular merchant, but for the life of me cannot find their main category.

If I don't have a category to use, I try to use some kind of keyword/merchant id/etc, but it won't let me.
    Have you tried the Custom1, Custom2, Custom3, Custom4, or Custom5?

Sometimes you can find their main category in one of those Custom#'s fields, a few merchants on SAS do that.

Sal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    Have you tried the Custom1, Custom2, Custom3, Custom4, or Custom5?

Sometimes you can find their main category in one of those Custom#'s fields, a few merchants on SAS do that.

Sal.
    Oh crap. What I get for not looking closely at the features. I just found some of the extra fields that should be filled in (in the advanced search criteria section).

Thanks Sal
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

And some merchants simply have no categories specified and you must go to their site to determine what categories their products fall into. Celtic Jeweler is one such merchant. There are some that have no category breakdown. This is something that needs to be corrected if they wish us to utilize the pagemaker to generate product pages.

Gene
    TCS

ABW Ambassador
    Celtic Jeweler is one such merchant
    Might be a good idea to let the AM know, it might be remedied.

Some merchants have their own version of the Make-a-Page tool; I find their versions handy especially if that merchant is my focus on a particular web page/site.

An advantage of using the general Make-a-Page instead of a merchant's particular version is that the affiliate can then weave in many merchatns and products to make a mix that will be unique and yet will work well with the affiliate's page/site.

I usually cut and paste specific generated items rather than use the entire page created by the tool. I like the mix of items that come up in a generated search.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Such a message has been sent to Allen@mycelticjeweler.com

Gene
    TCS

Outsourced Program Manager Allen - AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Allen Miller, and I'm the AM for the MyCelticJeweler affiliate program running on SAS.

I've reviewed the fields in the MCJ data feed and it does not contain categories for each product type, as TCS pointed out. I will have our programmers update the feed with categories as soon as possible, so that affiliates who use Make-A-Page tools can have better navigation for displaying our products.

One alternative we provide to MCJ affiliates who wish to promote our data feed is a fast-launch template website available through MyDataFeedScripts.com located here.

Thank you for your email TCS!

Cheers,

Allen
    [SIZE=1][B]Allen Miller. Affiliate Manager, EZvacuum.com / UnitedShades.com[/B]
    [/SIZE]

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread