Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Exclamation We need your help - advice and opinions
    Hello team,

We are talking to an "online movie rental" company which shall remain nameless for the time being. The want us to manage their affiliate program and we are in the contract / negotiating stage.

I wanted to ask our ABW community for advice as we are stuck on a few things with this new potential client.

1) Do you promote any online movie rental services?
    2) If so, which ones and why?
    3) Are there any that you do not promote?
    4) Do you find you have success with any online movie rental merchant?

Thanks in advance for your time and opinions, we are going to make a decison sometime this week....
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Affiliate Manager
    I used to do quite a bit in the DVD rental industry. It has dropped off a bit lately but I am looking to ramp it up again.

1. Mainly Blockbuster and Netflix. The smaller ones don't convert anywhere near as well.

2. Netflix and Blockbuster are the best converting programs based on the branding. The smaller companies trickled in sales here and there but nowhere close to the big 2.

3. I used to promote Gameznflix and was their biggest affiliate. They were usually slow to pay but eventually they did so I didn't worry too much. At one point they were about 4 or 5 months behind in paying. At that point they decided to change how they were tracking orders. If they wanted to do that going forward I would have had no problem but they made it retroactive back to when they last paid me and screwed me out of 5 figures. They screwed all their affiliates this way. I have some friends who lost a grand or two on this deal as well.

4. I used to do around 300-500 signups a month. Hopefully I can build back up to a fraction of that. There is some good money to be made with dvd rental.

Feel free to ask me any other questions Andy. I would be happy to answer for you.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I like Netflix; it tracks.

We are also Netflix subscribers and love it. (Living in a rural area our local movie rental place is pretty wretched.) I especially like that I can rent obscure artsy animated flicks that I'd otherwise have to buy (even if I could find them for sale). I don't have any experience with other movie rental companies.

I'd do more with promoting Netflix if they had a PSC (hi Akiva!).

OOOPS just realized was an old POST, LOL GethsemeneRose's Avatar
    Would love to promote BB or NF (I used them for a year and loved the service) but they turned down my site. Thier letter said my content didn't match them. I am hoping that was just a form turndown due to the newness of my content I am planing on giving a few months and trying again. If they turn me down again due to content I will probably not only NOT promote them but start a crusade against them (I have the whole posse reved up to crusade LOL) So for right now I am going with a third party and I am still to new to tell if this is a good company or not.
    :gnome: [URL]www.gethsemenerose.com[/URL] :gnome: As for me and my SITE we shall serve the LORD!

Ok, thanks for the feedback so far....we need more......

Besides BB or NF, any others you like or don't like? There are not that many in the game.....
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Hey Dr. Cool,

Just recently had the same problem with GamezNFlix. They are a HORRIBLE company to affiliate with. Have been with them for 5 months and have yet to receive a payment yet. They owe me around $800+. Listen up everyone.............STAY CLEAR OF GAMEZNFLIX.

This thread is from May 2006 !!

To avoid confusion, im closing this down folks ... that whole rental / game industry is going south with the new technology available today IMO.

8. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread