5 or 6 figures earnings
    Hi,
    I'm a newbie here and I would like to ask everyone if any of you are earning in the high 5 or 6 figures per month with all of your advertiser combined. How long before you start earning this much?

Is there anyone here who does the affiliate program full time or do you have another job.

Thanks!
    Maella

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    It's considered impolite and nosy to ask people how much money they earn.

ABW Ambassador
    The answers are:
    Yes
    and
    Yes

You may wish to start here
    http://searchenginewatch.com

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ward
    The answers are:
    Yes
    and
    Yes
    Oh !!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    It's considered impolite and nosy to ask people how much money they earn.
    I'm sure Maella didn't mean it in an impolite way... Everyone needs a bit of encouragement when they are just starting up (or been doing it for some time, but without much luck)...

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by maella
    Hi,
    I'm a newbie here and I would like to ask everyone if any of you are earning in the high 5 or 6 figures per month with all of your advertiser combined. How long before you start earning this much?

Is there anyone here who does the affiliate program full time or do you have another job.

Thanks!
    Maella
    A great inspirational post from someone who visits this forum as well:

http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=345974
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

15 years and counting
    maella - I'm a newbie here and I would like to ask everyone if any of you are earning in the high 5 or 6 figures per month with all of your advertiser combined. How long before you start earning this much?
    At least your question is right to the point and you deserve an answer.
    It took me a little more than two years to reach 6 figures per month. My first affiliate sale occured late 1995 and I did it in 1998.
    I was expecting much much better in 1999 and 2000 but I had to cope with many bankrupted companies during the dot.com burst and the inability of networks like LinkShare to pay their affiliates. I experienced an other growth in 2001 but the best I can do now is to keep the same earning.
    I quit my day job in 2001 to do it full time but so far I'm unable to do better than before.
    These last few years I had to change my business model, working more and more with Indies and less with our Networks.

To tell you the truth, it's harder and harder to earn money from affiliate marketing if you're an honest person. Only 5% of all affiliates are earning enough to make a living. Don't rely on LinkShare or CJ.
    I've been lucky to start very early and to find the right niches. I'm not sure I'll make it if I had to start again.
    There's many success stories on the web, like the post above or Jeremy Palmer case study at CJ http://www.cj.com/clients/casestudy/jeremy_palmer.jsp
    Be aware these people are spending a fortune in PPC to reach this level.

Welcome and Good luck.

But what will be earning after it all goes javascript ?
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

15 years and counting
    I used TradeDoubler and First Coffee Network JS links for years without a problem but these people know how to work with affiliates. CJ and LinkShare don't have a clue of what they are doing and on top of that they don't know how to communicate with their affiliates. Forget them.

Too dependent on them right now, but I plan to move in that direction.

I'm already really sour on LS following my recent experience with Oriental Trading there (described in the LS forum).
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

Took 6 years, with virtually no income for the first 4.

My main focus is about 80% PPC and 20% SEO. I'm not very good at SEO but still do alright for some key terms. My Monthly ppc budget is around US $300,000 which equates to roughly UK 170,000. Although when I first started out my budget was approx. $50 a month :-)

Be aware these people are spending a fortune in PPC to reach this level.
    Ahh, the joys of PPC. It seems to be a recurring theme with whales, wich means I'm probably on the right track.

It took me a little more than two years to reach 6 figures per month. My first affiliate sale occured late 1995 and I did it in 1998.
    Zeus, amazingly enough, in one of my business ventures, (that failed) It took almost 18 month to make a dime.

These last few years I had to change my business model, working more and more with Indies and less with our Networks.
    Indies? is that an independent merchant?

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by karomesis
    Indies? is that an independent merchant?
    Yes, a merchant not using traditional networks like LinkShare, CJ, Performics... and using their own tracking, Yahoo, MyAP or others.
    At the beginning of Affiliate Marketing, the network had the task to collect our money and to assure an accurate tracking and reporting for an outrageous 30% of our earning. Now, the people in charge of these companies are assuming they can make more money selling our data, being our competitors or charging their affiliates to increase their own competition. On top of that, they did everything to promote all the dirty actors in Affiliate marketing.
    These networks are no more "a trusted third party". Let's go back to the original model of Affiliate Marketing, before 1997.

The question should be re-phrased to "earning in the high 5 or 6 figures per month" NET PROFIT.

I often see posts here where people casually talk of really high earnings, and then you later see that they pay 50-75% of those figures in ppc costs.

Buying business results in high turnover which can be misleading.

The question should be re-phrased to "earning in the high 5 or 6 figures per month" NET PROFIT.

I often see posts here where people casually talk of really high earnings, and then you later see that they pay 50-75% of those figures in ppc costs.

Buying business results in high turnover which can be misleading.
    indeed, good point Paul.

what I can't understand is why a whale on another forum mentioned spending 18k in PPC to make 1K? that money would be far more efficient at earning at least double digit net capital in another market.

what I can't understand is why a whale on another forum mentioned spending 18k in PPC to make 1K? that money would be far more efficient at earning at least double digit net capital in another market.
    It depends on the timeframe, but I am assuming that it is in a month.

Making 1K off 18K in a month is something like the equivalent of a 67% Annualized return. What market can you earn that in?

High six figures per month comes to, say, $900,000. I doubt many people are making that much profit from CJ every month but, even if they were, I don't understand how having that knowledge assists a newbie.

To many people asking about what the highest earnings are and not enough doing work methinks.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread