Will you continue with this merchant?
    One of the merchants recently changed the SE policy for affiliates. I was wondering if this is a standard practice by some merchants or shall I just drop the merchant for making things excessively difficult.

Here is the summary of the email

"ALL AFFILIATES USING SEARCH MUST REGISTER to be part of the search affiliate program. All search affiliates must first receive written permission prior to promoting Merchant in paid search ads.

To register, please provide the following information:

Full contact information
    a. Name
    b. Email
    c. Mailing Address
    d. Phone

Your CJ PID number

Account numbers for Google, Overture, or any other search engines where bids will be placed

Visible URLs to be used in these accounts (what will show beneath your search ads)

Landing Page URL where you will send visitors. If there are multiple URLs, please list the primary ones. If sending visitors directly to CJ links, please note that here.

Interested affiliates must submit this information and wait for written confirmation of acceptance in the search affiliate program. Simply submitting this information does not entitle a search affiliate to begin search bidding. Once registered, you will receive updated information and guidelines which are in place to help all member affiliates. This includes but is not limited to recommended keywords and current bid caps."

ABW Ambassador
    If you're making good money, I wouldn't have a problem. I had one merchant that wanted that type of stuff because they were limiting the affiliates allowed to do search marketing for them and they wanted my Google ID so they could give that to Google so I could continue. It's whatever you're comfortable with.

ABW Ambassador
    Once again, people are confusing PPC with Search Marketing.

ABW Ambassador
    I see the difference between SEO and PPC but I would think PPC falls under Search Marketing?

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...arch+marketing

According to the sites on page 1, it does.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread