More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    When Will G Lower The Boom on Garbage Sites?
    There are more and more adsense garbage sites each day.

Go to the site and there is nothing worthwhile to read or click on but adsense ads.

Nothing wrong with adsense as an option but I see more and more sites that feature adsense as the only option.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

ABW Ambassador
    You let a kid eat candy all day and they'll eat candy all day.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    You let a kid eat candy all day and they'll eat candy all day.
    Until the kid barfs from the excess amount of candy

A related question would be: does Google make (a considerable amount of) money from Adsense on garbage sites? If so, Google won't be lowering the boom anytime soon.

If Google continues to accept these types of sites, how will the lack of quality affect the better type of sites that use Adsense?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    Pay the kid to eat candy and see what happens...

before long this type of ad will be ignored much the same way that banners are today....part of any product life cycle following a bell curve of use and profit

ABW Ambassador
    "A related question would be: does Google make (a considerable amount of) money from Adsense on garbage sites? "

Yup. They could do something about it anytime they want. They don't.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbshouse
    before long this type of ad will be ignored much the same way that banners are today....part of any product life cycle following a bell curve of use and profit
    BINGO ... that's one reason why I've been apprehensive about this type of revenue generation as its season seems near the close
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Exclamation
    note that if you have enough traffic on your parked domains, google will let you have some code to help you monetize them.

hard to tell them from the scrapers, then . . .

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    When Will G Lower The Boom on Garbage Sites?
    They won't. Or possibly, they will try, only to find some other form of garbage sites sprout up instead.

Them having the AdSense program is a definite conflict of interest, no matter how often they say the search department is seperate.

Google makes money from these garbage sites, but I think they would make even more if they cracked down on them. I'm finding they dilute search results, especially around heavy demand keywords.

I have a few affiliates who run mini-directories around a few choice keywords. This means I'm buying against them in my own Adwords campaigns, then they are collecting Adsense revenue (less than affiliate commission) to send them back to my site.

It would be more constructive on my affiliates part to create some content around links provided, drive the traffic themselves, and take the 35% of $297 ... instead of the $.65 I'm paying for the keyword.

If my math is right, at a minimum 1% conversion to sale they get $1.04 per click with the affiliate link. Send targeted traffic for better conversion and better per click value.

Of course, if they create content of value, they can still run their Adsense.

But Adsense only ... is hurting everyone and reducing search relevance.

Best,

Justin
    [i]Always interested in great B2B affiliate programs that serve Sales and Marketing professionals. Private message if you have something.[/i]

The Google-hatesme! Guy
    2006 Winner Lazarus award
    PM Me....
    I wish Google would do something. I'm seriously thinking about removing my own adsense ads because adsense is increasingly associated with spam intentions. I suspect Google needs the spam sites to offload lots of ad volume.

As a publisher using adwords and an advertiser buying, I've observed Google earning 90% on each click. Whatever the total average, it will be very painful for Google to cut back on it's spam addiction.

- Chad

Simple AdSense garbage is already bashed out.

More advanced version of AdSense garbage will most probably get out within 2-3 months, after Google manages to fix its changes.

Super advanced AdSense garbage is called a value web site, and if Google starts to fight with them - its popularity can get into threat.

And taking out adsense and other ad monetization projects for Google is impossible. This is business. They have to think about their money + the game of shares needs good capitalization.
    [LEFT][B]Good partners = top positions[/B]
    see screenshots with [url=www.autolinkexchanger.com]PROOFS[/url]
    [url=www.autolinkexchanger.com]Automatic Reciprocal Links Exchange Script[/url]
    [url=www.profitlinking.com]Link exchange service[/url] - best price in the industry + [url=www.profitlinking.com/free-service-contest.htm]free contest[/url][/LEFT]

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread