Affiliate Manager Sami B - Uncommon Goods's Avatar
    American Idol
    I can't believe there hasn't been an American Idol Finale thread yet
    Anyway, what did you guys think of the new American Idol? Did America got it right?

I think not. I liked the Kat McPhee; she has more talent, substance and star quality than Taylor in my view. I'm not shallow at all, but the Taylor guy just kept flopping around like a fish around water, last night

I heard somebody saying a day before that Taylor was going to be the Idol, but the McPhee had better career in front her. Good luck to both of them!

McPhee has the star quality and talent to do anything she decides to pursue. I thought she came across a little shallow the week there were 3 of them (her comments and whiny stuff) but I really like her most of the time.

I loved Taylor from the moment I laid eyes on him and tolerated the dancing because he reminded me of Joe Cocker's style at first. Throughout the competition I said I would love to see him take the whole thing but he probably wouldn't make it past about 5. Then I decided I like Elliot the best.

I think the truth is they will all have an outstanding opportunity to develop a career from this. I would think the top 10 have all had enough exposure to music pros that they could pick up projects as soon as they come back in off the road.

I didn't watch it except for once and I liked Kat McPhee...her face resembles my young duaghters...so of course I liked her!!
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

two words:
    SOUL PATROL!

two words:
    SOUL PATROL!
    HA! You took the words right out of my mouth! I am so glad that Taylor won. He has been so consistent throughout the entire competition. Katherine has come across as a spoiled brat who can't take any type of constructive criticism. As a result, she was inconsistent week to week. If it weren't for Over the Rainbow, she wouldn't have had a chance.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

I was all for Taylor. He was the most consistent singer during the course of the competition. Sometimes I'd hear McPhee make a mistake or two, so I knew she wouldn't win it. She's still young, so she's got plenty of time to iron out her performances and I'm sure she'll have a wonderful career. Taylor just had the charisma and consistency to win.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Affiliate Network Rep SarahJane's Avatar
    On the topic of "Soul Patrol"... I somehow managed to make the link to online marketing...

http://blog.shareresults.com/index.php?p=169

[LEFT][FONT=Verdana]Sarah-Jane
    Affiliate Manager
    Share Results Affiliate Network

[URL=http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php]Join the Share Results Affiliate Network today![/URL]

e-mail: [EMAIL=sarah-jane @ shareresults.com]sarah-jane @ shareresults.com[/EMAIL]

[URL=http://www.shareresults.com]www.shareresults.com[/URL]

[I]"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face"[/I]
    - Bern Williams

[/FONT][/LEFT]

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    After Chris got booted, it was all over for me although I wanted to see Kat take it because she went to my daughter's high school. Taylor is just ... yuck. America, what were you thinking?!!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Token "Canadian" Cool Guy Ryan@MB's Avatar
    I watched a lot of American Idol when it first started. The first time I saw Taylor I knew he was gonna be a big force this season.

Unfortunately I missed most of the finale last night (hockey game was on) but I cought a few of the highlights during the commercials and it looked like an excuse to get B-list celebs back on TV. I haven't seen that many pointless celebs in one spot since Celebrity Mole.

But I am very happy for Taylor... I am sure he is going to go far.
    Ryan MacWha
    Merchant Manager
    [b]We’ll help you build your affiliate program[/b]
    [b][URL="http://www.maxbounty.com"]MaxBounty 2.0[/URL][/b]

Did you manage to catch one of the Sens games at the Corel Centre, Ryan?

I haven't been following American Idol at all this season, but I must admit I shed a tear when Kelly Clarkson won way back when.

Is Simon still doing a lot of belittling of contestants?
    [LEFT][FONT=Verdana]Amanda
    Affiliate Manager

[URL=http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php]Join the Share Results Affiliate Network today![/URL]

e-mail: [EMAIL=amanda@shareresults.com]amanda@shareresults.com[/EMAIL]

[I]"Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, only she did it backwards and in
    high heels." [/I] ;)

[/FONT][/LEFT]

I stopped watching after Chris Daughtry got booted. Everyone else after that was just a dud. I get the feeling we will see and hear a lot more of Chris Daughtry in the future then we will Taylor Hicks.

[B]Jon Lyons[/B]
    Director of Affiliate Operations
    [EMAIL="jon.lyons@fluxads.com"][SIZE=1]jon.lyons@fluxads.com[/SIZE][/EMAIL][SIZE=1] | 1-877-GO-2-FLUX | [URL="http://www.fluxads.com/"]FluxAds.com[/URL][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]LinkedIn: [URL]http://www.linkedin.com/in/jrlyons[/URL][/SIZE]

Ryan..Ryan....Ryan If you think Prince is a B list celeb. something is very wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by TiffanyHonigman
    Ryan..Ryan....Ryan If you think Prince is a B list celeb. something is very wrong.
    With the way he performed last night I'd have to agree with Ryan. Prince had the worst, most boring performance of the night IMO.

- Scott

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Perhaps I'm misremembering but I think every winner has been from a red state.

We didn't watch this year because we are soooo sick of the judges and Ryan and the format. Time for some changes, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    We didn't watch this year because we are soooo sick of the judges and Ryan and the format. Time for some changes, IMO.
    I agree that Randy and Paula need to go. They rarely provide anything interesting to say, especially Paula. Everybody is wonderful in her book and that's not really what I want to hear. Simon does a decent job - at least I don't know what he's going to say after each performance. No real gripes against Ryan, but nothing great to say about him either.

Idol isn't necessarily my favorite show on TV though. I'm a much bigger fan of Lost and Amazing Race. Still need to watch my Lost download from last night, can't wait to see how the 2nd season ends

- Scott

ABW Ambassador
    This is the first and last season I'll ever watch the farce that is American Idol. There are so many things wrong w/ this show on so many levels. We only got sucked in this season because there was someone from our area in the early rounds...

Anyhow, Chris is going to go furthest & was the best one there by far. Kat has a thousand percent more going for her as far as pop stardom than Taylor. Taylor is just a mediocre lounge act that nobody will remember after about a week or so... He's consistent because he only has one sound! It's unfortunate that Chris has to go on tour w/ these wannabes when he could have signed with a real band by now!

And don't get me started with the voting & BS like DialIdol... You got tons of people w/out lives sitting at their phones for hours every week voting over and over & people hooking up their computers to dial for them. Then Ryan has the nerve to say that more people voted for their favorite Idol than for the President!! gee, Ryan, didja think maybe you can't vote for a presidential candidate more than once? (legally that is)

Randy is a joke - says the same crap over and over & obviously doesn't know what he's talking about. Paula looks wasted every week & also says the same stuff over and over. Simon is just an @$$hole who can't admit when he's wrong, which is often.

So anyway, this is one show you'll never catch me watching again!
    Hi, I'm a signature.

Affiliate Network Rep SarahJane's Avatar
    I doubt Ryan was referring to Prince here. I think he was thinking more along the lines of that quick camera change to a teary-eyed David Hasselhoff on the audience once they'd announced Taylor's win...
    Last edited by SarahJane; May 25th, 2006 at 10:15 PM. Reason: spelling!
    [LEFT][FONT=Verdana]Sarah-Jane
    Affiliate Manager

e-mail: [EMAIL=sarah-jane @ shareresults.com]sarah-jane @ shareresults.com[/EMAIL]

[I]"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face"[/I]
    - Bern Williams

[/FONT][/LEFT]

LOL are you serious? I must have missed David Hasselhoff teary eyed. Too funny.

I figured Taylor would win but hated the way the judges rammed him down everyones throats at the end of the final sing off/vote.

Wasn't hot on any one singer this time around. Elliot was most improved I thought and once he loosens up a little he'll be great.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    My first choice for the win was Chris, second was Taylor.

In the beginning I liked Kat, but as the show went on she kept goofing up and was really bratty acting and it turned me off to her.

I have bought both Taylor's and Chris's (Absent Element) cd's and they are both really good.

I hope that Taylor gets to stick to his style of music and they don't do to him what they did to Bo Bice.

The David Hasslehoff thing was funny. On the pre-show on the TV Guide channel, he was out on the red carpet proclaiming his support of Kat and talking about what a little princess she was, so I am not sure if those were tears of joy or sorrow when Taylor was named the winner.

Taylor was really enjoyable on Jay Leno last night. It was funny when he was asked about his opinion of Paula. He said she is like a new ride at 6 flags ... always going up and down!
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda_A
    Did you manage to catch one of the Sens games at the Corel Centre, Ryan?
    I am a Leafs fan in Sens country... I would have liked to go to a game just to experiance the play-off hype but I wouldn't have cheered for them.
    Ryan MacWha
    Merchant Manager

I was not referring to Prince (if that is his name now)... I was talking about the likes of David Hasselhoff and Clay Aiken and all the other celebs I couldn't even remember the name of.

Maybe David Hasselhoff is coming out with a FOX sitcom and they wanted him to get some press before it launched. If he wanted street press he should have married some former child/teenage star... it worked for Tom Cruise!!!
    Ryan MacWha
    Merchant Manager

Hasselhoff will always be an 'A list' celebrity in my heart!

[B]Jon Lyons[/B]
    [EMAIL="jon.lyons@fluxads.com"][SIZE=1]jon.lyons@fluxads.com[/SIZE][/EMAIL][SIZE=1] | 1-877-GO-2-FLUX | [URL="http://www.fluxads.com/"]FluxAds.com[/URL][/SIZE]

OMG -

The Hasselhoff pic is too much. That's back from my earlier days. Back when people used to debate who was better, Micheal Jackson or Prince.

PS - Prince won.

As for Idol. The finale was really the only show I watched. Taylor did not impress me, but I had seen clips of him before where I liked his style. He's not going to be a Pop star, but he'll do well.

Sheri

Yea, Taylor will do just fine in life, and make some great songs. Not quite sure what genre he will be going for, but he has a great voice and is a great performer (minus is white boy dancing skills.). But like I stated before, I think this will be a Ruben Studdard, Clay Aiken situation...where you hear and see more of the non-winner (Chris Daughtry), then you will of the winner (Taylor).
    [B]Jon Lyons[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by FluxAds.com
    Hasselhoff will always be an 'A list' celebrity in my heart!

That has to be the most un-sexy picture of any living creature. Thank God I was too young in the 80's to really remember him.

Ryan MacWha
    Merchant Manager

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread