Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    What's the word? Rhia7's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2006
    Posts
    9,578
    Company Store/Domestications Offer Pending Approval?
    Pending offers from CJ often indicate a change in the merchant's TOS or a kick up in the sales commission to add some sizzle and to inspire the affiliate.

    Today I have 2 pending offers, what would you do?

    The Domestications and Company Store offers I see only promise 2.00% for sales -- what do you think of the 2% deals?

    Sale: 2.00% USD
    Lead: 6.00% USD

    What would you do? Accept the above offer or Decline?

    The deal looks rather low but I like the merchandise and well known names of the the above merchants so I'll probably accept just to hang on to the merchants
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

  2. #2
    Full Member
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2006
    Posts
    326
    I have those same offers, which i think you have to accept, as the current offer expires June1. If you decline you wont have an offer after june 1.

    They have made a change to their reporting, I think that is why there are new terms. The commission has not changed, it is the same in both offers, 2% on sales, and the 6% is if it is a new customer. So if someone clicks on your link, and they are a current customer of Domestications or Company Store, you get 2%. If the shopper is a new customer to either site, you get an additional 6%, for a total of 8%, if my memory is correct.

  3. #3
    What's the word? Rhia7's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2006
    Posts
    9,578
    Thanks, skishore2006

    Your post made sense.

    I didn't think that the proposed deal was that good, but I ended up accepting anyway after reading your post.

    Edit: Skishore2006, I wasn't aware of any changes in their reporting system; changes were not indicated in that pending approval area. Where did you see the exact terms?

    Although a 2% offer doesn't thrill me, I liked their merchandise enough to lean towards their adhesion agreement and your post tipped the scale in terms of a positive action.
    Last edited by Rhia7; May 25th, 2006 at 04:21 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

  4. #4
    Full Member
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2006
    Posts
    326
    There was an email, it was just sent today, it was in my general cj affiliate mailbox.

    I dont' disagree that the 2% isn't that great, but it has been that way for awhile, since they migrated to CJ last year.

    They really only want to reward on new customers, thats why they do the 2%/6% thing.

    But they are a large catalog, they do a lot of mailings.

  5. #5
    Full Member
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2006
    Posts
    326
    This may help, here is how to view terms.

    Go to your pending offers tab in CJ (in get links, by relationship).

    Click on the merchant name. Scroll down, and then you will see the terms for the active offer, and also the pending offer. It's a lot to scroll thru, it can be a little confusing if you go too fast, as i usually do

    The new terms for Company Store now has three actions, the old term had two. It is the reporting change that they explained in the email. That's all.

  6. #6
    ABW Ambassador purplebear's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    3,960
    I was a little hesitant at first too, but ended up accepting them.

  7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. $0 Commissions for The Company Store & Domestications
    By juanago in forum Commission Junction - CJ
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: August 6th, 2008, 11:16 AM
  2. Domestications/Company Store Products Down
    By Tami in forum Commission Junction - CJ
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: July 2nd, 2007, 11:38 PM
  3. Review 1 offer(s) pending your approval.
    By AddHandler in forum Commission Junction - CJ
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: March 15th, 2005, 05:43 PM
  4. WTH? Company Store and Domestications..
    By flamingoworld in forum Rakuten LinkShare - LS
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: December 21st, 2004, 03:48 AM
  5. Offer(s) pending our approval - necessary to approve?
    By Azam in forum Commission Junction - CJ
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: October 15th, 2004, 07:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •