Horrible uBid Affiliate Support
    I've been trying to contact uBid for several months now using the email address listed in their affiliate newsletters. After at least 5-10 emails I've yet to receive a response from them. This has to be a record for the longest period of disregard I've ever experienced in this business. Has anybody successfully communicated with a uBid affiliate manager? Their datafeed is a terrible mess and even after responding to an email requesting datafeed feedback I've still yet to receive a reply. I really can't believe that a merchant can be this rude to their affiliates.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I woked with them several years ago, and they were horrible then, and i did not switch to their new programs. Wouldn't touch them again.

uBid Affiliate Program
    Snib and skishore,

I was made head affiliate manager at uBid a couple months ago and recently came upon this site and wanted to see if anything had been posted in the past about uBid or our affiliate program.

While everything you mentioned predates me, I wanted to apologize for any trouble you have had with our program in the past. We are in the process of kicking off a new revenue sharing program to complement our current CPA program and have dedicated affiliate management to look into any and all issues our affiliates are having.

Please feel free to email me directly and rest assured you will not be ignored again. I will also be at CJU and look forward to meeting everyone. Thanks.

Mike Maiman
    Affiliate Marketing Manager
    uBid.com
    MichaelMa@ubid.com

Thank you for the response Mike. I'm still interested in promoting uBid, but the problem is that your CJ datafeed is constantly out of date. We need a direct feed straight from your servers in order to maintain a current inventory. By the time your data is available through CJ many of the products are already gone from your site, so you can understand my problem. I don't want to be sending my customers over to dead end pages. Is there any chance of addressing this issue?

Thank you,
    - Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Scott,

We do offer the ability to filter by start date and end date fields in our datafeed, but is this function not working for you?

I'm also looking into the possibility of creating a second datafeed with CJ that would only contain items with more than 1 or 2 days left on their auction run so as to only have the possibility of having live items with each feed updated daily.

I'm looking more into it and will keep you updated. Let me know if you have any other questions, suggestions, ect...Thanks.

-Mike

Hi,

I'm a datafeed consumer of UBid as well. So the problem for me is that CJ only updates the datafeed file once a week, so no matter what UBid does, my CJ Ubid feed will be up to 7 days old.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to get quicker updates of CJ datafeeds?

Thanks,
    Jim

First off, can we change the name of this topic?!

Secondly I know we send daily datafeeds to CJ, I'll look into CJ to see if they are having issues with getting that up daily. Please let me know if that is a widespread problem.

Mike Maiman
    Affiliate Marketing Manager
    uBid.com
    MichaelMa@ubid.com

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread