Top 10-100 Merchants
    I am sorry if this question was asked. I did a search and found no threads.

Is there a method or view a list of merchants who have the higest pay outs and most traffic or hot selling items?

There are alot of merchants with hundreds of feeds but I find it not worth the time and effort to SEO a product or merchant that doesnt have a hot selling item or just doesn't have the right product on the net that more people desire.

For example, I just finsihed uploading the datafeed to my products database , only to find out that 900 products of 2,800 where dead links or just outdated items. It sure was a waste of time.

Also, I contacted another merchant who had a thousand items but when he emailed me back he said he only had 5 items that really were hot sellers.

Again, my question is: Is there a way to find out who the best merchants for pay outs and traffic are?

I guess the onl;y way you can do that is go through the network directory on sas. BTw since we are at it we sell flowers offer a 20% commission on every sale and a 365 day cookie haha!
    [B][URL=http://ablogfullofgames.blogspot.com/]Blog Games[/URL]
    [URL="http://fractalenlightenment.blogspot.com"][COLOR="Red"]Our Blog[/COLOR][/URL][/B]

Again, my question is: Is there a way to find out who the best merchants for pay outs and traffic are?
    If you ever find out who they are, please, let us know who they are, since no one esle around here want to post that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    If you ever find out who they are, please, let us know who they are, since no one esle around here want to post that list.
    How come??
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by acentur
    Is there a method or view a list of merchants who have the higest pay outs and most traffic or hot selling items?
    Would a list of merchants that convert best do [as only those that are the hottest would convert better than others]?

Geno

There are some aids available at SAS that will help you with your own research. Many successful affiliate marketers first decide on a niche topic to publish around or they see a good (not necessarily "hot") product they feel can be promoted. Then they work with various merchants until they find one that has the product, knows how to treat affiliate relationships, works honestly, and is with a network that tracks and pays correctly.

When you are ready to search for a merchant to promote, go to the SAS "join merchants" link. Within each category you can sort the list by 7 day EPC and 30 day EPC to see who is actually racking up sales. Then when you find one that interests you, check their uptime history and see if that is something you can live with and then explore their website and see what marketing strengths they have that will help you convert the traffic you send to them. (Their own organic traffic will do nothing for you except strengthen their brand, one direction or another)

The other thing to look for while you're studying their web site is what marketing mistakes they are making. Is their shipping policy buried? Are the pictures too small? Is the navigation frightful? If they have good products and they're honest, then work with them. Use their mistakes to your benefit. Use your site to make information clear and easy to use so that the customer can buy their products without frustration.

I think that all of us would like a list of 10 - 100 merchants that perform well, but I think that list is a moving target. As a marketer, you have to keep your eye on the ball and do your own market research. You can make use of good marketing tricks you discover along the way.

Stick around and read the forums here daily. You'll get a feel for who knows what they're doing and who doesn't. Then start paying attention to what they ***** about. Listen when they give somebody advice. See which affiliate managers people trust and then give their programs a try.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread