Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Here's my main worry, after directing 50% of my Mall traffic to Javascript GoldenCan showcase pages in the last 12 months.... where's the income increase?. My total income across the board dropped 90% from the last 5 year levels. I've asked Asif on numerous ABW thread opportunities to show where the GC clicks show up on each of the networks reports. This includes Linkshare reports for Overstock and Sierra Trading Post.

I tried getting a response from these 2 LS GoldenCan merchants, as well as other "4th click free" merchants at CJ -BF -and SAS. Not one peep from Asif, nor any of the GC merchants to clarify the obvious nature of this question. I combine the Javascript PSC (Product Showcase Creator), DRM's, customer facing displays and GC throughout my site's most visited pages.

I think it's about time Haiko, Asif, Akiva, and all the merchants using these javascript driven creatives, come forth and PROVE these applications track, and where we can verify the clicks get reported in each network's reporting area. Is this going to be another issue we all face over CJ going 100% with javascript links. Do the Super Affiliates and BHO's know something we don't, as NONE of them use any of these javascript customer facing/focusing tools.

I see here announcements all the time about new merchant GC integrations. I've never once recall ONE merchant proving their GC commitment & clicks doubled their affiliate sales from those focused clicks. Are these applications just driving targeted traffic into the hands of the usual Point of Sale Attack dogs, merchant's multi-channel cookie washes, or getting lost in the batch reporting shuffle???

This deserves more then a Haiko one sentence response. It deserves a sticky with full disclosure in the GC forum. It deserves every javascript endorsing merchant to come forward and PROVE the affiliates commited to driving targeted traffic with these creatives are getting rewarded.

MY take is the network/merchant datamined clickstream data shows this javascript traffic is driving right into the coffers of Super Affiliate's, BHO's and the insiders using SEM keyword cookie cannons not displaying any DRMs, PSC's or GC displays. Why else would CJ/ValueClick and the other biggies, trying to marginalize the impact of the small affiliate pool, push javascript displays on the unwashed masses? Why would WalMart, who never posted a word in any forum since launching their pure play advertising affiliate program, jump to adopt GC traffic? Who's next so interested in paying out affiliate commissions on physical GC clicks... DELL?
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

2. Thanks From:

I split this out from the other thread, since it was only marginally related to the topic of the other thread.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

"I think it's about time Haiko, Asif, Akiva, and all the merchants using these javascript driven creatives, come forth and PROVE these applications track"

Perhaps you should first try to prove that the pages get loaded before the visitor loses their patience and goes elsewhere.

When you've got Goldencan, Adsense, several PSC panels and a handful of Linkshare DRM's all on the same page, I would be surprised if as much as 5% of your visitors live long enough to wait for the page to load.

5. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    I think it's about time Haiko, Asif, Akiva, and all the merchants using these javascript driven creatives, come forth and PROVE these applications track, and where we can verify the clicks get reported in each network's reporting area.
    Clarification:
    "Haiko" has nothing to do with any javascript driven creatives, nor the tracking of any network, the only thing "close" is a simple banner rotator here on ABW.

------------
    I would also have to agree with NW, I've seen a serious delay in the loading of many of your pages Mike - it's 2006 not 1996.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Mike,

With all due respect, with all PSC's whether dynamic or not, the links that display in the browser are network formatted links with your affiliate id and merchant id in the link. Just roll your mouse over a link and you'll see your id and where the link goes right there in your browser.
    Akiva Bergstrom | akiva@affsolutions.com | 718-871-8286

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creatorô

Managed Programs: EssentialApparel.com (Join) | SportsFanfare.com (Join)

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creatorô!

8. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Akiva
    Mike,

With all due respect, with all PSC's whether dynamic or not, the links that display in the browser are network formatted links with your affiliate id and merchant id in the link. Just roll your mouse over a link and you'll see your id and where the link goes right there in your browser.
    With all Due respect Akiva your PSC application is the most straight forward as to showing proper link code generation. Now you need to just clarify to all here where your static or DRM clicks and (I assume) impressions show up within the various network reports using your app. I use both PSC and GoldenCan for this Linkshare merchant... Sierra Trading Post.

Under reports - "link type report" I get this

Link Type Impressions Click-Throughs C/I(%) # of Orders # of Items # of Items Canceled O/C(%) Sales($) Commissions($)

Active Display 0 0 0.00 0 0 (0) 0.00 $0.00 $0.00
    Banner 5,475 16 0.29 1 13 (0) 6.25 $353.40 $17.67
    Dynamic Rich Media 496 4 0.81 0 0 (0) 0.00 $0.00 $0.00
    EMAIL 0 0 0.00 0 0 (0) 0.00 $0.00 $0.00
    LinkBuilder 284 0 0.00 0 0 (0) 0.00 $0.00 $0.00
    Manual/Unassigned 0 0 0.00 0 0 (0) 0.00 $0.00 $0.00
    Merchandiser 0 60 0.00 3 5 (0) 5.00 $192.85 $9.64
    Other Html 0 0 0.00 0 0 (0) 0.00 $0.00 $0.00
    Product 297 0 0.00 0 0 (0) 0.00 $0.00 $0.00
    Searchbox 0 0 0.00 0 0 (0) 0.00 $0.00 $0.00
    StoreFront 0 0 0.00 0 0 (0) 0.00 $0.00 $0.00
    Text 21,476 23 0.11 0 0 (0) 0.00 $0.00 $0.00
    Report Totals: 27,982 103 0.37 4 18 (0) 3.88 $546.25 $27.31

Where does the PSC click/impression showup for this merchant? I assume the DRM and static PSC display activity shows in the Dynamic Rich Media, Linkbuilder, Merchandiser, and/or Product fields. Which ones apply to the PSC? Where, if any, is there an overlap as to a mix of GoldenCan and PSC activity? I'll further assume the "merchandiser" link type is strickly for GoldenCan clicks as no impressions show up and I use no LS feeds. Your answers will clarify Akiva's award winning PSC application can be verified as 100% deserving of any affiliates usage, regardless of network. Clicks and impressions report!

Discussion This LS merchant, Overstock, has no PSC displays and I use all their coded link types for promotions on my pages, including GoldenCan and advanced linkbuilder creatives.

Link Type Impressions Click-Throughs C/I(%) # of Orders # of Items # of Items Canceled O/C(%) Sales($) Commissions($)
    Banner 26,208 38 0.14 0 0 (0) 0.00 $0.00 $0.00
    Dynamic Rich Media 4,013 3 0.07 0 0 (0) 0.00 $0.00 $0.00
    EMAIL 1 0 0.00 0 0 (0) 0.00 $0.00 $0.00
    LinkBuilder 108,152 852 0.79 1 2 (0) 0.12 $104.98 $7.35
    Merchandiser 0 0 0.00 0 0 (0) 0.00 $0.00 $0.00
    Product 14,107 90 0.64 0 0 (0) 0.00 $0.00 $0.00
    Searchbox 1,002 187 18.66 0 0 (0) 0.00 $0.00 $0.00
    Text 3,516 17 0.48 0 0 (0) 0.00 $0.00 $0.00
    Report Totals: 156,999 1,187 0.76 1 2 (0) 0.08 $104.98 $7.35

Comparing these 2 Linkshare GoldenCan merchants highlights my concerns. Can anyone notice "merchandiser" link creatives ( I assume GC links) shows 0 impressions & 60 clicks for Sierra Trading Post. Overstock, which my GC pageview and server stats verify, gets 10 times my Malls shopper activity then STP from GC displays. Not one "merchandiser" click for Overstock! I'm just looking for definitive proof these customer facing/focusing tools improve conversion chances for the merchants providing them.

ps; for earlier comments regarding slow page loads. My GoldenCan pages aren't bare, as they offer no natural SERP food without pre-sell content and other affiliate type links. Everyone of the 100,000+ GoldenCan page views for those GC merchant display required a complete page load, before they registered a pageview. If I wanted a stupid looking template site, yelling I'm just another lame thin affiliate, I'd put out the required $1.98.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Mike,

The Sierra Trading Post Dynamic PSC and Classic PSC both use the merchandiser feed. So clicks would be under Merchandiser. We don't use the impression tracking as when you're dealing with multiple products showing up at the same time, it will inflate the numbers and you'll have incorrect stats. For pageviews, impressions, you need to look at your site's web stats.
    Akiva Bergstrom | akiva@affsolutions.com | 718-871-8286

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creatorô

Managed Programs: EssentialApparel.com (Join) | SportsFanfare.com (Join)

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creatorô!

Quote Originally Posted by NoWires
    When you've got Goldencan, Adsense, several PSC panels and a handful of Linkshare DRM's all on the same page, I would be surprised if as much as 5% of your visitors live long enough to wait for the page to load.
    That's a really important point when you consider the studies from The Pew Internet & American Life Project

Pew Internet: Broadband Adoption in the United States

and

Study: Broadband penetration slowing

I might be an exception to the rule because I love the Internet, I'm on it probably too much but I am *still* on a dial-up modem -- it's still the cheapest way for me (plus I have a couple of other reasons but I won't bore you with those). My point is that the time it takes to upload a page is still important.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Mike, Iím not sure whatís going on with your stats, but I can give this bit of input about GC.

Iíve started experimenting with GC on my site, only SAS merchants. None of my new pages have any CJ or LS on them, because in my new world they donít exist.

While testing with GC the first thing I found was that SAS only counts the click when it hits the merchant site. So if a visitor is looking for widget A, and views the selections while on your site it is not counted as a click, if they donít find what they are looking for they are gone without ever registering a click. So the actual clicks to a merchant is lower than a direct link to their site. That combined with the Java Script and bad reporting from CJ and LS is probably at the root of your problem.

Just my thoughts, Iíve only recently started using GC on a few pages, the only other problems Iíve seen is that it can be slow loading at times, and sometimes a few images are not displayed. But Iím still in the testing phase.
    Just a squirrel trying to get a nut, in the Internet jungle.

Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by Akiva
    Mike,

The Sierra Trading Post Dynamic PSC and Classic PSC both use the merchandiser feed. So clicks would be under Merchandiser. We don't use the impression tracking as when you're dealing with multiple products showing up at the same time, it will inflate the numbers and you'll have incorrect stats. For pageviews, impressions, you need to look at your site's web stats.
    Well Akiva old buddy I believe and trust in you since you first appeared at ABW. I've always loved you PSC showcases even if the merchants don't know how to tweek them for showing a variety of products.

I posted above and further at http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...002#post568002 some breaking news as to why my income plunged for the last 12 months, while increasing customer facing creatives to focus and motivate them before the click.

All GoldenCan clicks showup at linkshare under "merchandizer" when choosing the "link type" report. I don't know where at BF or CJ these clicks get reported.
    Overstock has no PSC displays, and I do not even subscribe to their merchandiser feed, so 100% of Goldencan clicks setting tracking cookies will only show up in the merchandizer section of the link report.

Overstock, and I assume Sierra Trading Post, haven't recorded one GC click or sale since last November since LS can't track their javascript clicks....

Overstock "link type" report....
    11/1/2005 - 5/27/2006

Banner 126,152 206 0.16 1 4 (0) 0.49 $81.47 $5.44
    Dynamic Rich Media 31,016 21 0.07 0 0 (0) 0.00 $0.00 $0.00
    LinkBuilder 591,400 3,981 0.67 9 17 (2) 0.23 $407.28 $26.80
    Manual/Unassigned 0 0 0.00 1 1 (0) 0.00 $24.65 $1.73
    Product 67,073 477 0.71 0 0 (0) 0.00 $0.00 $0.00
    Searchbox 6,457 1,037 16.06 4 6 (2) 0.39 $418.99 $19.77
    Text 23,636 176 0.74 0 0 (0) 0.00 $0.00 $0.00
    Report Totals: 845,735 5,898 0.70 15 28 (4) 0.25 $932.39 $53.73

Let's figure out how we can get paid for this 100% spam proof and physical click creative as my server stats and the GC reports show over 50,000 page views and ZERO clicks for just the Overstock showcases. That could be 1 million pages views with ZERO reported clicks and ZERO sales commissions as I'm not alone displaying OS GoldenCan displays.

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Here's my main worry, after directing 50% of my Mall traffic to Javascript GoldenCan showcase pages in the last 12 months.... where's the income increase?. My total income across the board dropped 90% from the last 5 year levels.

I think it's about time Haiko, Asif, Akiva, and all the merchants using these javascript driven creatives, come forth and PROVE these applications track, and where we can verify the clicks get reported in each network's reporting area. Is this going to be another issue we all face over CJ going 100% with javascript links. Do the Super Affiliates and BHO's know something we don't, as NONE of them use any of these javascript customer facing/focusing tools.

I see here announcements all the time about new merchant GC integrations. I've never once recall ONE merchant proving their GC commitment & clicks doubled their affiliate sales from those focused clicks. Are these applications just driving targeted traffic into the hands of the usual Point of Sale Attack dogs, merchant's multi-channel cookie washes, or getting lost in the batch reporting shuffle???

This deserves more then a Haiko one sentence response. It deserves a sticky with full disclosure in the GC forum. It deserves every javascript endorsing merchant to come forward and PROVE the affiliates commited to driving targeted traffic with these creatives are getting rewarded.
    I'm sorry Mike, but there is no need for the whole this time in order to get a real answer to that issue.

Let's just go straight to the point and ask the real question and see the results:

Would anyone using any of those javascript driven creatives lately, making any more money now with those javascript driven creatives than before, or not?

And to be more specific on the question:

Are anyone here seeing any increase in sales since they started to use the GoldenCan showcase pages until now, and are willing to post their results here?

I believe that Mike and Charlie , and Me, and more people around here, would like to know if anyone out there is making more money after they put the javascript for GoldenCan and others on their pages.

While I personally would understand that some greedy people around here may say that those tools suck in order to eliminate some competition, I have reason to believe that there are still a few honest people around here that will post what they now it's the truth, regardless of what others may say, and regardless of if by telling what they have find out, they may tip their competition about something that works or not.

Sal.

ABW Ambassador
    "I think it's about time Haiko, Asif, Akiva, and all the merchants using these javascript driven creatives, come forth and PROVE these applications track, and where we can verify the clicks get reported in each network's reporting area."

It's very simple Mike. You click a link, buy something and then check the stats. I don't know why you need someone else to do it for you. I tried Football Fanatics that way and it tracked.

Conversion problems for you are nothing new, this is just another excuse is a long line of them. TEST PURCHASE. Do some.

Forget all the white noise and deflection from Trustno1 as he's a known critic of anyone or anything not fueling his coupon and PPCSE plays. Never trust anyone not willing to post their URLs to verify their legitimacy and adjendas.

Back on point as to why GoldenCan isn't working for me, and many others here, for certain networks and merchants. Let's concentrate on the proven example above as it contains no explainable variables letting either Overstock or Linkshare off the hook. OS is a free of 4th click GoldenCan merchant so 100% of click/cookie credits go to my account.

Proven facts:
    1. Overstock has no PSC displays so ONLY the GoldenCan, or an affiliate using LS merchandizer feeds, will show click activity in the "link type" report. I use no LS feeds.

2. I have personally verified Overstocks GC displays by those clicking links after OS changes to their ecatalog categories. During Christmas and after I had several clients in front of me order online using my Malls Overstock Goldencan showcases. Now I see not one of those sales or clicks registered in the Linkshare reports.

3 No GC clicks I made in last 2 days show up at Linkshare even after making 2 new Overstock showcases to verify code generation. I have 14 active GC showcases for Overstock.

4. My income from pushing EcomCity traffic to Overstock GC displays in last 12 months plummited. I never have not received a OS check every month for the last 5 years till I threw my savvy shopper traffic to this javascript creative. Now I'm lucky to see one small check per quarter from them. No wonder when 90% of my click traffic to Overstock is non-reporting GoldenCan clicks.

This cannot be swept under the carpet as every Overstock affiliate here using GC creatives can verify and duplicate my results. This applies to those not using merchandizer feeds as those clicks and sales show under "merchandizer" link types. Just run the legacy report and choose Overstock and "link type report". Go back to Jan, or even Nov 2005, and post your results here.

Further proof Overstock/Linkshare turned off GoldenCan reporting in November 2005

9/1/2005 - 10/30/2005

Banner 42,266 154 0.36 1 2 (0) 0.65 $169.99 $11.90
    Dynamic Rich Media 12,957 2 0.02 0 0 (0) 0.00 $0.00 $0.00
    EMAIL 0 0 0.00 0 0 (0) 0.00 $0.00 $0.00
    LinkBuilder 236,584 2,020 0.85 6 11 (1) 0.30 $695.69 $44.87
    Merchandiser 0 59 0.00 3 5 (0) 3.64 $1,135.98 $79.52
    Product 25,980 121 0.47 0 0 (0) 0.00 $0.00 $0.00
    Searchbox 2,828 60 2.12 0 0 (0) 0.00 $0.00 $0.00
    Text 9,150 84 0.92 0 0 (0) 0.00 $0.00 $0.00
    Report Totals: 329,765 2,496 0.76 9 17 (1) 0.36 $2,001.66 $136.29

This shows when Overstock GoldenCan reporting was turned on it produced sales conversion ratios above all other creative types. I added many more category level Overstock GoldenCan displays for the 2005 Christmas season taking increased Holiday Shopping click totals way from other creative types. Whammmm their goes my income right up till today.

11/1/2005 - 5/26/2006

Banner 126,438 206 0.16 1 4 (0) 0.49 $81.47 $5.44
    Dynamic Rich Media 31,084 22 0.07 0 0 (0) 0.00 $0.00 $0.00
    LinkBuilder 592,809 3,984 0.67 9 17 (2) 0.23 $407.28 $26.80
    Manual/Unassigned 0 0 0.00 1 1 (0) 0.00 $24.65 $1.73
    Product 67,249 478 0.71 0 0 (0) 0.00 $0.00 $0.00
    Searchbox 6,475 1,038 16.03 4 6 (2) 0.39 $418.99 $19.77
    Text 23,703 176 0.74 0 0 (0) 0.00 $0.00 $0.00
    Report Totals: 847,759 5,904 0.70 15 28 (4) 0.25 $932.39 $53.73

This basically fu*cked my OS earnings by not only reporting GC clicks and sales but this applies to the other Linkshare GC merchant Sierra Trading Post.

No Linkshare feed merchandizer affiliates, or those using PSC's at STP would have noticed this as those clicks and sales show up in the "link type" report adding a smoke and mirrors layers to this snafu. Only those merchants using GoldenCan can verify sales and click tracking by doing server log tracking, order detail tracking and verifying the GC cookie set/parsing after checkout.

This is just another of many moves by Mike and Charlie to save the butts and commissions of ABWers. Look on the brightside, while ignoring my stupid critics, this proves GC works better then any other creative type for legit affiliates playing by all the rules. Just the fact that in some cases you'll never earn a dime from better targeting and focusing shoppers ...before the click... if your GC merchant/network drops the ball.

Hey Overstock you know my address and phone # to send the check. I expect you'll do the right thing for the one ABWer who got your program out of the BF deadpool and kicking butt over at Linkshare.

ABW Ambassador
    Mike, merchants here know my sites, sorry to break into your paranoia.

Your problem right now is you're not getting any traffic because of all the dupe content you have out there, I'm guessing you're getting about 50 clicks a day.

http://www.get-in2.com/digital.htm
    http://www.ecomcity.com/digital.htm

and

http://www.sloops.com/bootcut.htm
    http://www.sloopsjeans.com/bootcut.htm

Told you about that one months ago, you just leave it up. Explain all that? Is that spamming?

All over the place.

Do a test purchase thru your GoldenCan Overstock links and after you receive your merchandise, post back.

Seriously where is the traffic coming from?
    http://www.ecomcity.com/overstock.htm

Looks like 95% of your site got PR0, the Overstock pages are not even in the index.
    Last edited by Trust; May 27th, 2006 at 05:41 PM.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I'd have to agree with Trust if both of these pages are still being linked too. If you just redid one of them and didn't delete the old one tho that's a different story. The only problem I have with GodenCan is the lack of anything to spider. Even with Akiva's dynamic tools there's some SEO stuff you include. Maybe GoldenCan could do something similar.

Mike, I took a look on your site, and the GoldenCAN Overstock links have your affiliate ID in them. Perhaps they changed the link type and it's no longer a Merchandiser link.

It looks like they use this link:

http: // click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/statform?id={id}&offerid=52439&bnid=919&subid=0&OSSKU={sku}

I'm not sure if that would be classified as a LinkBuilder or a Searchbox link or what. (The statform option is usually used for search/form links.)

UPDATE: It might be the "Product" links.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Whoever has some Goldencan OS links should do some test purchases just to make sure. I've done some in the past for some CJ merchants and they went thru fine, not sure about this one.

VHS Movie in the Liquidation Bin
    Subtotal: $1.00
    Standard Shipping: $1.40
    Total: $2.40

So for $2.40 you can test it out.
    Last edited by Trust; May 27th, 2006 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Mike, merchants here know my sites, sorry to break into your paranoia.
    Your problem right now is you're not getting any traffic because of all the dupe content you have out there, I'm guessing you're getting about 50 clicks a day.

http://www.get-in2.com/digital.htm
    http://www.ecomcity.com/digital.htm

and

http://www.sloops.com/bootcut.htm
    http://www.sloopsjeans.com/bootcut.htm

Told you about that one months ago, you just leave it up. Explain all that? Is that spamming? All over the place.

Do a test purchase thru your GoldenCan Overstock links and after you receive your merchandise, post back.

Seriously where is the traffic coming from?
    http://www.ecomcity.com/overstock.htm

Looks like 95% of your site got PR0, the Overstock pages are not even in the index.
    Lets put this typical response by Trustno1, to a serious topic I bring forth for the benefit of all at ABW, into prespective. Compare his adjenda of hate for anything threatening his God given right for playing ALL the grey areas of affiliate marketing to the logical concerned responses put forth by Michael Coley. Certainly every merchant posting here knows EcomCity and Amazingbargains domains. This also makes us prime targets for site scrapers, dDos attacks ( I had 3 last year) for OUTING blackhat affiliates forcing me to have a backup domain. Everyone of my clients, who have registered trademarks and brands, have corresponding domain names to actively allow me to police and maintain their marks. If they wish to pay me for original non duplicate content sites they'll get it. Meanwhile Trustno1 lied as everyone of those client sites aren't PRO and rule the natural SERPs for their buying keywords. They all succeed and double sales annually by combining natural 1st page SERPs with a limited budget spend on PPCSE.

Envy as no SEO trickery can destroy my clients sites, or their ability to convert, must be eating at you over the years Trustno1. I offer you no opening to exploit my clients programs with your ability to snip someone elses sales and manipulate traffic to a point both networks and merchants have to install defenses to battle manipulators like you. So you attack Holdup Suspenders at every opportunity as I shelter my other merchant clients from commission hawking affiliate white noise.

As to your above reference my test bed site, putting merchants and networks on notice since 1998, gets only 50 hits a day .... my server stats prove this another deflection lie...
    Summary by Month EcomCity.com
    Month Daily Avg Monthly Totals
    Hits Files Pages Visits Sites KBytes Visits Pages Files Hits

May 2006 7500 6560 1430 664 14205 3294097 17952 38614 177137 202520
    Apr 2006 8382 7419 1583 701 18290 4133672 21032 47504 222582 251463
    Mar 2006 10459 9385 1885 879 21138 5362628 27272 58455 290946 324232
    Feb 2006 12221 10846 1821 775 36488 5404918 21717 50999 303695 342198
    Jan 2006 7752 6950 1445 601 17849 3981823 18653 44824 215473 240337
    Dec 2005 9873 8858 1800 752 24087 5420415 23342 55806 274626 306085
    Nov 2005 13991 12435 2260 968 32995 7099154 29042 67801 373050 419756
    Oct 2005 9387 8326 1463 739 24245 4731347 22911 45368 258111 291015
    Sep 2005 7911 7114 1286 635 19483 3792861 19071 38593 213449 237338
    Aug 2005 8193 7240 1354 608 19548 4478050 18854 41985 224465 253995
    Jul 2005 7803 6779 1235 566 24990 4071473 17565 38314 210165 241911
    Jun 2005 9249 8201 1422 624 20549 4538497 18729 42663 246042 277483

Totals 56308935 256140 570926 3009741 3388333

Unlike you.... I want GoldenCan to succeed as it cannot be used as spam food, PPCSE direct to merchant cookie sets, SEO exploits, e-mail spam, and most importantly ...requires a physical click. This thread is to discuss and encourage Asif to demand his great application produce income for all parties involved... Merchant -affiliate -network and himself. That means getting real answers, not guesses, on how GC clicks/sales get reported to Linkshare for Overstock. Stir and mix for every merchant committed to the GC to a point everyone can trust building GC showcases for any listed merchant will be rewarded.

This should perk everyones interests, if this non-reporting of sales and clicks is true, as CJ stumbles into 100% javascript only links and reporting interfaces. Just remember if affiliates had played nicy nicy all these years like I did, none of the network changes, SE changes and PPCSE changes would be put upon us all. When greed driven Scumbags set the rules in the affiliate world, justifying their actions with the advertising mindset that knows not the meaning of the word ethics, you'll just see more of the same. Guys like Trustno1 lauding their conversion ratios, working in lounge pants to figure out how to game the merchants and the Adwhore system, bring us all grief.

ABW Ambassador
    So anyone who disagrees with Mike has an agenda and plays grey areas. You have this bad habit of casting allegations when someone disagrees with you, I guess it's a defense mechanism, lots of stuff like this:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...71&postcount=9

I think I just linked to just some of your dupe content and they have PR0 for anybody to see. Here educate yourself: Duplicate Content Spam. Good job.

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...e+content+spam

Other types of spamdexing
    • Mirror websites
      • Hosting of multiple websites all with the same content but using different URLs. Some search engines give a higher rank to results where the keyword searched for appears in the URL.
    Yes, I'm envious of the sites you design. It just eats away at me. One day I hope to design an Ecomcity Jr. so I can complain about my poor conversions.

As far as Overstock, there was a thread where everybody was converting, except one person, you. I guess all those people are cookie cannon, adwhores gaming merchants right?

Like I said, what's stopping you from doing an actual test purchase? You keep skipping that part. You say it's a serious topic, serious enough for you to invest a couple of bucks? Do a test purchase off your Goldencan Overstock links.
    Last edited by Trust; May 28th, 2006 at 03:30 AM.

Mike,

I'm sorry, but to me it sounds like this problem is on your end. Your site still looks like it was made in the 1990's and I can't imagine anybody taking it serious as a shopping destination. Now I respect you as an active and long standing member of ABW, but I just can't stand by and watch you ridicule the very people who are trying to help you succeed. Especially when it's you who needs to be taking a very serious look at your affiliate business and approach.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

ABW Ambassador
    I was wondering why this thread seemed familiar. Had one of these last month, saying something about an 80% drop in commissions since using Goldencan:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...ight=goldencan

But won't do a test purchase. Like I said before, i've done test purchases for some CJ merchants thru Goldencan and they tracked just fine. Again, do a test purchase Mike.

ABW Ambassador
    Shortcut for those who don't have time to read mike's ramblings.
    Nothing works for him. It is everyones but his fault.

There really is no need to read anymore than that.

Chet

My first click into your site, ever: http://www.ecomcity.com/digital.htm took at least 10 seconds to load fully. I'm on a fast cable connection, downtown, major city, Sunday morning, no one else awake. That is far too long.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHoff
    My first click into your site, ever: http://www.ecomcity.com/digital.htm took at least 10 seconds to load fully. I'm on a fast cable connection, downtown, major city, Sunday morning, no one else awake. That is far too long.
    Welcome to the wonderful world of DRM text links at Linkshare. Removed the 2 blocks of J&R and Tigerdirect DRM's and the page now loads acceptably. As a further test to verify all GoldenCan clicks,cookies,sales are tied 100% to Linkshare's "merchandizer" link reporting interface I put up www.ecomcity.com/walmart.htm and clicked some GC displays. All showed in the "link type" report as merchandizer clicks. So Asif and the Walmart IT team have it together.

The GC redirect for Overstock passes this link code...
    ... overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?cid=82163&fp=f&PAGE=PRODUCT&siteID=rQC_Lv2jPjQ-HlUuifWS2fZkhsi9G7tfCQ&OSSKU=10101842 and lands on the product page

The GC redirect click for Walmart passes this link code...
    ... walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3538827&sourceid=32580233250513543809

Passing mouse over GC product display link shows similar calls to GC redirect script passing the SID and PID info. One reports clicks in merchandizer section and sets the tracking cookie. The other goes into limbo la la land as Overstock can't get their Oracle/ecatalog/cart/ and multiple clickstream datamining application acts together. Similar problems over 14 months regarding even getting the right commission rate assigned to product categories.

Asif can see his affiliate account 4th click activity for red flags, but is blind on the 4th click free GC merchants.

So these are the sort of loading times we have to look forward to with CJ's LMI?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast