Anyone Experienced w/ Performics?
    Since I've cancelled all holiday plans and I'm focusing my energy on finding CJ replacements, I've been looking at Performics. I've worked with them a little in the past, but never really spent much time developing the merchants from there. They have some decent merchants listed and I guess I'll be focusing some time there unless there is something about them I don't know about? I notice they do not have a forum here at BestWeb. That concerns me a bit. Does anyone have any thoughts on their experience w/ performics other than the clumsy way you have to find links and banners? Thanks.

Edit -- Well, duh, I just found where they are on here. Guess I'll go read what everyone says. Sorry!
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

There is a Performics sub-forum here:

http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Thanks Rhia. I just saw that. Since I read CJs big news I've been seeing double!
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Their links are absolutely frustrating (but still better than JavaScript!). You're really isolated from the merchant in most cases. (You'll usually only communicate with and receive communications from Performics, not the merchants.) Their merchants are slow to pay (perhaps even worse than LinkShare). I have no doubt that they're as infested with parasites as CJ and LinkShare. Their datafeeds are backwards. (You have to provide an FTP location and they push them out to you.) But besides all that, they're fine. They have some great brand merchants.

(Oh, and I moved this thread to the Performics forum.)
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Overall I like Performics. Lots of brands people have heard of and in terms of overall conversion, they've always been my highest. I trust the tracking there. Link wise, I just use text and banner links and have no problems with that. Some merchants are slow in paying but I've always gotten my money, so I'm good with that. I do like one on one communication with the merchants, that's a part I don't like. But the Performics reps have always responded to my emails and quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Their links are absolutely frustrating (but still better than JavaScript!). You're really isolated from the merchant in most cases. (You'll usually only communicate with and receive communications from Performics, not the merchants.) Their merchants are slow to pay (perhaps even worse than LinkShare). I have no doubt that they're as infested with parasites as CJ and LinkShare. Their datafeeds are backwards. (You have to provide an FTP location and they push them out to you.) But besides all that, they're fine. They have some great brand merchants.

(Oh, and I moved this thread to the Performics forum.)
    Yea, I can see that CJ sucks , but I will not comment about Performics because and

ABW Ambassador
    Because you don't have any links up to them? So you have no idea how they actually are?

I don't have any problems with them, either. I only use their banner and text links and do like their recent feature where you can see any of the links that are no longer being used. I haven't had any problems with being paid and emails have always been answered by the Performcs reps themselves.

ABW Ambassador
    Several good Performics merchants have links available through Akiva's PSC tool, so that's a big plus. I can't deal with getting Perfomics links, but am taking a good look at the ones with the PSC available.

I just started pushing Performics a couple months ago and have been having good luck so far. Their tracking seems good, but I just don't like the way they handle their payment reporting. It's really just a lack of reporting. I can't seem to find any reports on how much I'm owed, how much I've been paid and when the merchants paid. This is a huge fault in their system and I hope it's being addressed.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

ABW Ambassador
    Their link management is aweful (but not as bad as Javascript)! Some merchants decide to expire links, and they do not inform the affiliate. Every time I log in, I see expired links in my "Active" section, and I have to comb through to see if anything that I am using is now dead.

It's fine to expire links (that were previously open-ended), but they should send some type of notification to the affiliate when they do that.

Talking
    I used PF for about two years and it always took me 4-5-or 6 months to be paid the money I was owed.

I got real tired of that and took all of their links down.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

I get paid from some merchants in less than 2 months, but many are 3-4 months. I'd rather get paid quicker, but I don't mind too much. When I started affiliate marketing, everybody took 3-4 months to pay.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread