Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Anyone here subscribe to Revenue?
    I bought an issue today from B&N. It looks like it had some bits of good info in it, but it's the only issue i've read yet. Do you read it, and are there other similar magazines that you know of?

edit: oops, sorry mods - wrong forum
    Last edited by MoneyBusiness; May 28th, 2006 at 08:47 PM.
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    We have several subscriptions at the office and I read it every issue. It is the only print magazine that I know of that covers the affiliate marketing realm.

I read it, because I ended up with a free subscription somehow, but most of it isn't too useful for me, and some of the sites that they mention in their articles as being so great, are either unethical, and/or parasites, so when they flaunt those, it's hard to take much of what they have to say as credible.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick
    It is the only print magazine that I know of that covers the affiliate marketing realm.
    Ok, kind of what I figured. Thanks Chuck!
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com

Quote Originally Posted by ReallyBigGuy
    I read it, because I ended up with a free subscription somehow, but most of it isn't too useful for me, and some of the sites that they mention in their articles as being so great, are either unethical, and/or parasites, so when they flaunt those, it's hard to take much of what they have to say as credible.
    One of the things I noticed in this issue is a lack of a two-sided view. Everything seemed to have a positive slant to it, if that makes any sense. I think the next issue will determine whether I do subscribe or not, specifically, whether Revenue posts another article with CJ's recent announcment of the LMI initiative, and what their view regarding it is.

I will say that I did find some useful bits out of it, and yeah, I did notice some of the sites listed that you spoke of.

Let's see what the next one brings around.

I read it, and I am waiting for my subscription to activate so that I don't have to buy it from B&N anymore.

It's good a resource, but for most people it's preaching to the choir. I read it to see what the big-ticket programs are and I use their articles as inspiration for new sites. I did notice that all almost the aritcles are positive, as MoneyBusiness pointed out.

I have a free 1 yr. subscription to it, too. I look forward to receiving it when it comes and think it does have interesting articles in it. I agree with what the others have said but have learned a little from reading it.
    I don't know of any others regarding just affiliate marketing but I do know of a new magazine just devoted to Search. Umm got a free 1 yr. subscription to it, too

I have read every issue of Revenue, and I know several of the contributors. If you are looking for an alternative there isn't much to choose from that discusses Interactive Marketing in print. I find it well done but at times pollyanna-ish in that there is always a silver lining to their stories. That may be because they are ad driven and not subscripton revenue driven.

I can suggest an alternative, but I do so with trepidation as I am new to this forum and do not want to seem oberly zealous, but I think you'll agree it is relevant to your query.

I am involved with "Project Black Book" and invite you to download the first issue. It was soft launched at AdTech SF and has been gaining steam ever since. Not in competition with Revenue, but complimentary in that Project Black Book is attempting to bring a modicum of transparency and truth by exposing the trends exhibited by affiliate marketers online.

I would be interested in your feedback on the first issue. The magazine/journal is based almost entirely on subscription revenue and not Ad "Revenue". Thus the articles and the stats remain untainted by advertisorial guidance. We are attempting to look under the hood and provide interactive marketers insight into successful strategies as well as a real time look at what Affiliate Networks and CPA networks have going on at their basest levels, the affiliate link.

I hope that is helpful.

Cheers,
    Jim Lillig

Another print source is Internet Retailer which offers a free subscription

It is geared more toward information on merchants but can give affiliates a lot of insight. They also have a dail email which is worth subscribing to.

Thank you Chuck. I wasn't aware of it

I second Chuck's recommendation of Internet Retailer. It's only tangentially related to affiliate marketing, but it gives you a really good insight into the many focuses that online merchants have and once in a while has a good article about affiliate marketing as well.

Revenue is pretty good. I could see how it would be very helpful to new and intermediate affiliates, but there's not enough meat to be helpful to more experienced affiliates. Still, I find it interesting enough that I usually read it from cover to cover within a few days of getting it.

Wow, thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to check them out today.

Inc.
    I just started getting Inc., and it's well worth the $1 an issue or so to have it delivered

I have been it (complimentary) since issue number one. While not a "great" read, it does provide something insighful in every issue.

The articles about parasites being akin to Gods are a bit misleading, but you can still learn something about "that" aspect of the industry by reading "between the lines."

IMHO, REVENUE is worthwhile for anyone serious about a career in affiliate marketing. Just don't believe everything you read.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Hello,

I want to thank you for the constructive feedback of those that posted.

With that May/June issue behind us, we are focused on finishing the July/August issue of Revenue. This issue of Revenue will be the first to sport some brand new elements. We have divided the magazine into easy-to-read sections, which each focus on specific topics. There are sections on business, search, tools for interactive marketers, strategies for reaching customers and emerging technologies.

With that said I trust that we will be able to cover more of the topics and technologies, which are of interest to both, intermediate and advanced affiliates.

Take Care.

Christopher
    Revenue.

Has the May/June issue gone out yet? I usually get several copies of each issue, but haven't seen the May/June one yet.

I got the e-version though Zinio, MC, but I didn't see the hard copy either.... I think I PM'd you that you were in it
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Has the May/June issue gone out yet? I usually get several copies of each issue, but haven't seen the May/June one yet.
    I picked up May/June issue from B&N the other day.

The free sub doesn't work in .ca : (

I am interested in trying Revenue magazine. How have you all been able to get a free trial subscription? And is that trial the print or digital edition?

I was pleased to find Revenue magazine. Sometimes it is nice to read something about our business that isn't on a computer screen.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeB
    I was pleased to find Revenue magazine. Sometimes it is nice to read something about our business that isn't on a computer screen.
    you could start always start printing out stuff and reading it on paper

Got this from Revenue:

With regard to your question about free issues of Revenue Magazine, we do not
    have a link on our website for affiliates to sign up for a free issue.

However, we do allocate free copies of the magazine to our advertisers for
    distribution to their affiliates. I would recommend that if an affiliate
    would like to obtain a free copy of the magazine, they should contact the
    Affiliate Manager for one of our current advertisers and the Affiliate
    Manager can forward a complimentary copy of the magazine.

Revenue Advertiser Listing: http://www.revenuetoday.com/partners.asp

Like it for the Ideas
    I like Revenue Magazine (and wish the free link worked). It gives me ideas for content for my site. I see what the affiliate marketing industry needs (what it lacks). If they cover a particular category of affiliate programs, I think of niches within it to promote. It also gives me a good idea of who the biggest players in the industry are.

-kissmyaff

Got a free subscription
    It looks the free subscription link worked. Thank you Revenue: Jack Love, publisher. Some people get Love and Money as their last names. It seems like the best last names are always taken!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast