New domain name for each campaign?
    I'm curious about something:

I promote a few different merchants through Adwords, in which I have one domain name with each merchant situated in a directory. For instance, www.mywidgets.com/merchan1 and www.mywidgets.com/merchant2, and so on.

When I set the display URL (www.mywidgets.com) for each campaign, I notice a lower number of clickthroughs than if I set it to something closer to what I"m advertising, such as (www.merchant-widgets.com).

Is it better to register a new domain name for each merchant that I promote via this method? Or should directories (like mentioned above) work as well, or possibly sub domains?

Thanks!
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

If the cost of extra hosting isn't going to be a problem, and you figure you can save an extra $10 a year from the higher CTR, it seems like an excellent idea.

I would create the same content at the fresh domain and on a page at your main domain, and use the former as your display url and the latter as your ads destination (Google doesn't mind this).

Ok, thanks Enginez!
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I should rent out subdomain landing pages for the PPCSE playas at www.Get-in2.com so they'd get click action for Get-in2.com/bluewidgets/ Get-in2.com/Sonydeals/ like I do for www.Get-in2.com/musclecars/ The domain is just a backup and base for my reseller hosting accounts.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I do both
    I do both. I think having a seperate domain name is better. Can anyone help? Thanks

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread