Exclamation Your Notion on Flowers as Seasonal Products!
    Hi Guys,

Through my stay on this forum. I have found that most people assume that flowers are seasonal products. That's Valentines Day, Mother's Day, Christmas etc.

But you guys fail to realize that everyday around the world there are millions of people celebrating their birthdays, anniversaries, engagements, love and unfortunately people die as well.

I think flowers are gifts that can be sent throughout the year, when people fall sick, to say thank you or to congratulate someone. How can flowers be a seasonal product when every day there is a reason to send flowers???

Peace n Love!
    [B][URL=http://ablogfullofgames.blogspot.com/]Blog Games[/URL]
    [URL="http://fractalenlightenment.blogspot.com"][COLOR="Red"]Our Blog[/COLOR][/URL][/B]

Well... Almost any gift-related product is often viewed as a seasonal product. And you're right, Clyde! They are not. Or should I say "not only". Even though the peaks of sales are reached during "Valentines Day, Mother's Day, Christmas, etc", there are personal events in every family's life that are spead throughout the year... I keep a calendar of my friends' birthdays and anniversaries. I've been putting it together for years. Now there is not a single week when somebody I know doesn't have a birthday...

Should we encourage people to keep such "birthday/anniversary calendars", Clyde?!

Geno

Hi Geno,

The best thing is to incorporate a reminder system on your website. When a user logs in there is a feature in the account that allows them to store their friends birthdays etc and you send them a reminder ofcourse with an option to buy gifts. That way you provide your users with a good feature and can make some sales as well

We are implementing this in our site as well! What do you think?

Regards,
    Clyde
    [URL="http://fractalenlightenment.blogspot.com"][COLOR="Red"]Our Blog[/COLOR][/URL][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by clyderose
    The best thing is to incorporate a reminder system on your website. When a user logs in there is a feature in the account that allows them to store their friends birthdays etc and you send them a reminder of course with an option to buy gifts...
    Clyde, you read my thoughts!

Geno

Just about every product is "seasonal". That doesn't mean that sales only occur in a set season, but that they peak in that season. How much higher it is during the peak "season" varies, but it's always more profitable to promote what is in season. My EPC on flowers goes way up in February (and to a lesser degree in May). I promote them year-round, but they convert much better then.

Even something as boring and widely used as office supplies has a season. Anyone know when that is? (Take a guess and then highlight the following text to see if you're right: It's January, after many companies give departments new budgets.)
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Clyde,

I've given it some more thought, and from a customer point of view, storing friends' birthdays and anniversaries at several online gift/flower shops may not be as attractive as, for example, downloading a free application that allows them to do it offline... So, how about going in on putting together a calendar/reminder piece of software that would have a few gift/flower shops permanently listed in it as sponsors? Let me know if you're interested.

Clyde (and anyone else who may be interested), PM or e-mail me about this. I think, this could be a great promotional idea for gift/flower shop with non-competing products.

Geno

I think an online reminder service is a good idea. The site I use to send to relatives in the UK askes me if I want it to remember the event when I send flowers. It then sends me a reminder email the following year with a voucher for 5 off the order. As a customer this is a very useful service for me ... and it ensures they will get the order nearly every year. I do think it would only work for flowers and chocolates ... not really sure if it would work for much else ... maybe magazine gift subscriptions?

Sue.

Hi Geno its a good idea, could get very complicated as well. Distribution of the software how do merchants participate in it and there are countless applications that already provide you with a reminder withouth any ads in it.

@ Michael Birthdays, Deaths dont have seasons is what i was trying to say they can sell well every day and ofcourse peak seasons are the ocassions. Im not really on a budget after a certain period here. I guess thats what happens in US maybe after jan here as long as you have a good idea it will be incorporated.

@ Staril That features available at Flora2000 as well the reminder on a purchase.

Peace n Love!

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread