Advertise Adsense Pages on PPC?
    Does anyone here advertise their adsense content pages on 2nd and 3rd tier PPC engines? Example: Enhance, GoClick, Miva, Ask, Kanoodle, etc, etc.

I am not talking about page stuffing or anything of the sort, but relevant articles on a particular topic with adsense posted. Does anyone make profits from advertising these pages on low cost PPC?

John

I would avoid the 2nd and 3rd tier PPC engines at all costs. Most "clicks" you get won't do anything on your site. Even if you're only paying $0.01 per click, what good will that traffic do you if less than 1% of the "visitors" click on an ad.

If you can't get a positive ROI out of AdWords, Yahoo, or MSN, you're definitely not going to get it out of a 2nd or 3rd tier PPC engine.

Besides, many of those 2nd and 3rd tier PPC engines have a spyware "partners", so by advertising through them you indirectly support an evil industry.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ward
    Hello Adam,

Yes I am familiar with the term arbitrage and have heard of people taking advantage of this difference in values for high paying keywords on 2nd tier PPC engines. This is what I am basically inquiring on. If you have a high paying keyword like "car insurance" which scores you $3 per click, and advertise this on a 2nd tier search engines which may cost you .10 per click.....has anyone had any positive results with this? OR are these 2nd tier PPC engines worthless for even this method? Anyone with experience on trying this method out, your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

John

ABW Ambassador

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grafx77
    Hello Adam,

Yes I am familiar with the term arbitrage and have heard of people taking advantage of this difference in values for high paying keywords on 2nd tier PPC engines. This is what I am basically inquiring on. If you have a high paying keyword like "car insurance" which scores you $3 per click, and advertise this on a 2nd tier search engines which may cost you .10 per click.....has anyone had any positive results with this? OR are these 2nd tier PPC engines worthless for even this method? Anyone with experience on trying this method out, your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

John
    Been there done that.

In a phrase, it's crap.

What AdSense arbitragers fail to realize/consider (and so did I, until I saw what happened), is that Google changes its payout based on traffic quality. So when they see you're sending 10 trillion clicks from India/Poland/The Ukraine (second-tier engines often show your ads not only outside the US, but to countries that are out of most advertisers' shipping range... basically, junk traffic), your payout goes from $3 down to about .5 cent per click. You pay out 2c/click, you get back .5c/click = you lose.

I made a page about diamonds (a nice high payer), covered it in AdSense, and then sent 2c traffic at it. For 2 or 3 days, I was raking it in!!

Then the G traffic analysis kicked in, the payout dropped to about half a cent (sometimes even less), and the party was over!!

Even worse, they thought my whole Network would have junk traffic, so they messed up my rates account-wide. It took several weeks for my AdSense rates (per click) to return to normal.

So, in my experience it's not a good thing to do, at least not with AdSense!

OOOPS just realized was an old POST, LOL GethsemeneRose's Avatar
    I think I saw that diamond page of yours the other day LOL was testing a pluggin for firefox called stumble or something like it (I used it for a day and removed it was taking up too much of my time) the page was interesting to me purely from a marketing point of view because of the way it was OBVIOUSLY just designed to get adsense money and had no other REAL value. It had a hundred or so links on the bottom with every DIAMOND phrase imaginable all lead to a similar page and then the page had a few paragraphs about the phrase the word diamond was used like twenty times on each page. I thought to myself surely Google isn't that stupid. Now I know.
    :gnome: [URL]www.gethsemenerose.com[/URL] :gnome: As for me and my SITE we shall serve the LORD!

ABW Ambassador
    How could you know what "diamond" page belonged to who when there are a kazillion diamond pages out there? What kind of checking did you do?

OOOPS just realized was an old POST, LOL GethsemeneRose's Avatar
    I didn't that is why I started the paragraph by saying "I THINK I SAW" it was merely musing that is all was wondering about those types of pages in general and there effectiveness.
    :gnome: [URL]www.gethsemenerose.com[/URL] :gnome: As for me and my SITE we shall serve the LORD!

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    Been there done that.

In a phrase, it's crap.

What AdSense arbitragers fail to realize/consider (and so did I, until I saw what happened), is that Google changes its payout based on traffic quality. So when they see you're sending 10 trillion clicks from India/Poland/The Ukraine (second-tier engines often show your ads not only outside the US, but to countries that are out of most advertisers' shipping range... basically, junk traffic), your payout goes from $3 down to about .5 cent per click. You pay out 2c/click, you get back .5c/click = you lose.

I made a page about diamonds (a nice high payer), covered it in AdSense, and then sent 2c traffic at it. For 2 or 3 days, I was raking it in!!

Then the G traffic analysis kicked in, the payout dropped to about half a cent (sometimes even less), and the party was over!!

Even worse, they thought my whole Network would have junk traffic, so they messed up my rates account-wide. It took several weeks for my AdSense rates (per click) to return to normal.

So, in my experience it's not a good thing to do, at least not with AdSense!
    Leader,

Thank you very much for your insight into your own personal experience. This is exactly the type of feedback I was seeking. Its quite obvious to me now that this will not work, but hey.......whos to say this won't work for other contextual networks? Could be worth a try............why not?

John

Quote Originally Posted by GesthemaneRose
    I think I saw that diamond page of yours the other day LOL was testing a pluggin for firefox called stumble or something like it (I used it for a day and removed it was taking up too much of my time) the page was interesting to me purely from a marketing point of view because of the way it was OBVIOUSLY just designed to get adsense money and had no other REAL value. It had a hundred or so links on the bottom with every DIAMOND phrase imaginable all lead to a similar page and then the page had a few paragraphs about the phrase the word diamond was used like twenty times on each page. I thought to myself surely Google isn't that stupid. Now I know.
    That's not me. I deleted my diamonds page after I did that test (last year sometime IIRC. Definitely wasn't this year.). And, I never had hundreds of links on it--just the max amount of AdSense boxes then allowed. I think it was 3 or 4 blocks.

Mine said a couple of paragraphs about the history of diamonds and jewelry...not totally spammorific, but not written compellingly enough to make people want to stick around, either. Of course, I did say "diamonds" a lot within the text [not as links]...no point in letting it show ads for "Egyptian Travel" (picking up from a phrase like "Egyptians were known for wearing jewelry") or some junk like that!

It had a hundred or so links on the bottom with every DIAMOND phrase imaginable all lead to a similar page
    Definitely not mine. I didn't make a network for the test. (The Network I was referring to in my first post, is my network of product-datafeed sales sites, which I have AdSense on in case the people don't buy the product) And, what you're describing isn't my kind of pages anyway. Mine aren't *that* lame!

Plus, there's no point in making such a network for PPCing, since all it takes to get PPC ads shown (at least, at a PPC place that doesn't think it's still a highschool popularity contest, anyway) is money. So with PPC, it's easier to just make one page and then buy listings under all the terms, rather than trying to spam for all the variants.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by grafx77
    Leader,

Thank you very much for your insight into your own personal experience. This is exactly the type of feedback I was seeking. Its quite obvious to me now that this will not work, but hey.......whos to say this won't work for other contextual networks? Could be worth a try............why not?

John
    It may work for other contextual networks for a while, but since the majors seem to copy off of Google, I would consider it a short-term opportunity.

And IIRC there's one--forgot it it's Yahoo or MSN--that already has Terms which state that most of the traffic has to come from the USA. There was a thread here a while back about someone getting kicked out of one of those for sending too much non-US traffic.

But if you find a place that hasn't closed the gap, pays enough to make it worth bothering with, and doesn't have terms that stipulate which traffic they'll pay on, it could be lucrative for a while.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread