Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    *BOOM* There it is!
    It's that time of year again. Thunderboomers are looming. In fact there's a storm headed our way that has the local weather guy all excited because it's the type that breeds tornadoes.

Anyway, just thought I'd share (and explain why I might not be around later in the day.)

ABW Ambassador
    I love thunderstorms, hate tornadoes.

ohhh, I love both! I used to live in N. Dakota - where both of those were common occurences. Allbeit, I don't like Tornadoes for the damage, but they are incredible to watch. And thunderstorms, well, there's nothing better to listen to when getting some work done..
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

And thunderstorms, well, there's nothing better to listen to when getting some work done..
    I don't know what kind of work you like to do when there are thunderstorms around, but if it's computer related, you probably have some extra money to burn.

After I lost a few K in electronic equipments a few years ago due to lightning hitting my last Dish LNB, I would never leave any expensive electronic gadgets connected to the wall outlet again during any thunderstorms.

I rather watch TV, to see where the thunderstorms are heading.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    I don't know what kind of work you like to do when there are thunderstorms around, but if it's computer related, you probably have some extra money to burn.

After I lost a few K in electronic equipments a few years ago due to lightning hitting my last Dish LNB, I would never leave any expensive electronic gadgets connected to the wall outlet again during any thunderstorms.

I rather watch TV, to see where the thunderstorms are heading.

lol, sorry to hear that.

That's why I love my laptop.... And, well, if IT got fried somehow, while not being connected to anything, then I'll be a monkey's uncle.
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com

lol, sorry to hear that.

That's why I love my laptop.... And, well, if IT got fried somehow, while not being connected to anything, then I'll be a monkey's uncle.

Well you got me there, I havent got my business laptop yet.

But, don't be too sure about not becaming a monkey's uncle one day!
    Because there have been cases on where just the static electricity from lightning, or just from walking across a carpeted room has fried a few microchips here and there too.

Thanks, Sal, like there's not enough to already worry about...

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Ooooooooooooooooo boomers are the best! Enjoy them, Rhea.

But dang Mr Sal ... now I'm paranoid about storms ... I live in Los Angeles and we get very few here but I have not been told to unplug my computer during one. It always annoys me when I'm playing poker online and one of the players has to leave because of a thunder storm. Now I know why ... yeah MB ... who needs more to fret over? LOL - I'd rather be sheltered from the paranoia ... keeps me sane another little while.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne

But dang Mr Sal ... now I'm paranoid about storms ... I live in Los Angeles and we get very few here but I have not been told to unplug my computer during one. It always annoys me when I'm playing poker online and one of the players has to leave because of a thunder storm. Now I know why ... yeah MB ... who needs more to fret over? LOL - I'd rather be sheltered from the paranoia ... keeps me sane another little while.
    Ok Rexanne,

I don't want to sound like some of the Doomsday Guess that I hear on the Art Bell radio programs, but.................

but................. If you live in Los Angeles, thunderstorms, lightning and static electricity just to name a few, those should be the least of your worries, because at least you can see those coming and get ready to deal with them.

Don't worry, I will not mention The Big One here, I see that you don't need more bad news to fret over.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I love storms!

But as for going offline during a thunderstorm, here, usually the electricity goes off when one happens, so I don't have much choice in the matter! If the power manages to stay on, then Comcast goes off instead and disconnects me from the net (which also means the TV is out).

It's one reason to always keep some candles around...and some kind of nonelectronic entertainment. And at night, might as well watch the storm, since even with candles it's too dim to really read anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne

ahhh, poker. I forced myself to quit about 2 months ago. Too much time spent playing. was makin' money, but not enough to warrant the time..

Now, if they ever decide to open live poker rooms around these parts, you can count me in.

I love the power of nature too...there is nothing like it to put everything into perspecetive. When I lived in LA, I never got a chance to do this...see the attached pics

The first one was taken inside as I felt that nature could use a bit more respect that night ;-)
    Attached Images Attached Images

I HATE Thunderstorms! Our house has been hit Twice!

Well Actually, the first time it was our Beautiful Oak Tree in our front yard that
    was hit (it died, now our front yard is blank). The lightening travelled underground
    to our water pipes. Burst the pipe where you turn the water on and off for the
    house. Came thru the pipes into our house, jumped to our electrical system,
    Blew my Computer, All our Ceiling Fans, The Stove (still under warranty thank goodness),
    All the Phones, several outlets, and scared the living bejeesus out
    of all of us. It is a Really Weird sound as well as feeling when lightening is
    running thru your house.

Plus, three weeks later, we get a knock on the door. It's the Water Meter Reader --
    He ask's "Have you just filled a Pool?" I said No...., He said, well You guys show ALOT
    of water being expended. The lightening had Burst the Pipe in our front yard
    that goes from the City pipes to the house. Had to have That Whole Pipe replaced
    $$$$ -- And pay for the Water!

Then, just last year, Lightening Hit our Direct TV Satellite Dish. Killed it Dead.
    Didn't get anything else though. You know Why? Cause when we hear the First
    Boom! We're All running around Unplugging everything.

And, in the Spring/Summer, we unplug Everything whenever we leave the house
    and no one will be home.

Always, Always get off your Computer when there is a Thunderstom! The
    Lightening can actually come thru the computer and Hit you, just like on a
    telephone (old fashioned kind--not cordless).

They say if you hear the Thunder, then it's time to unplug.

It's truly a Huge Painnnn!

Quote Originally Posted by mrbshouse
    I love the power of nature too...there is nothing like it to put everything into perspecetive. When I lived in LA, I never got a chance to do this...see the attached pics

The first one was taken inside as I felt that nature could use a bit more respect that night ;-)
    Oooooooo gorgeous pictures MrB!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    Ok Rexanne,

I don't want to sound like some of the Doomsday Guess that I hear on the Art Bell radio programs, but.................

but................. If you live in Los Angeles, thunderstorms, lightning and static electricity just to name a few, those should be the least of your worries, because at least you can see those coming and get ready to deal with them.

Don't worry, I will not mention The Big One here, I see that you don't need more bad news to fret over.

Thanks Mr Sal. You're a peach ...
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Tanks Rexanne ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by gettnthar
    I HATE Thunderstorms! Our house has been hit Twice!

Well Actually, the first time it was our Beautiful Oak Tree in our front yard that
    was hit (it died, now our front yard is blank). The lightening travelled underground
    to our water pipes. Burst the pipe where you turn the water on and off for the
    house. Came thru the pipes into our house, jumped to our electrical system,
    Blew my Computer, All our Ceiling Fans, The Stove (still under warranty thank goodness),
    All the Phones, several outlets, and scared the living bejeesus out
    of all of us. It is a Really Weird sound as well as feeling when lightening is
    running thru your house.

Plus, three weeks later, we get a knock on the door. It's the Water Meter Reader --
    He ask's "Have you just filled a Pool?" I said No...., He said, well You guys show ALOT
    of water being expended. The lightening had Burst the Pipe in our front yard
    that goes from the City pipes to the house. Had to have That Whole Pipe replaced
    $$$$ -- And pay for the Water!

Then, just last year, Lightening Hit our Direct TV Satellite Dish. Killed it Dead.
    Didn't get anything else though. You know Why? Cause when we hear the First
    Boom! We're All running around Unplugging everything.

And, in the Spring/Summer, we unplug Everything whenever we leave the house
    and no one will be home.

Always, Always get off your Computer when there is a Thunderstom! The
    Lightening can actually come thru the computer and Hit you, just like on a
    telephone (old fashioned kind--not cordless).

They say if you hear the Thunder, then it's time to unplug.

It's truly a Huge Painnnn!
    Whoa ... thanks for the facts. I'm unplugging next time I hear thunder for sure. Kripes ... sounds like you went through hell gettnthar!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Quote Originally Posted by mrbshouse
    Tanks Rexanne ;-)
    You're most welcome. Thanks for sharing those awesome pictures!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

ooooh I'm a scaredy cat when it comes to thunderstorms and tornadoes. Knew a guy who was driving in his car when a tree fell on it during a thunderstorm and really screwed him up medically. Doesn't take much for us to have the power and cable go out on us either so don't have much choice on being on the computer or not.
    Sorry to those of you who have been hit by lightning.
    Pictures were really pretty I do love the clean fresh air smell after the lightning storms, though and especially if there's a rainbow.

Token "Canadian" Cool Guy Ryan@MB's Avatar
    I love storms... in fact it has been so hot here in Ottawa the past few days that we are getting some really cool storms. Two nights ago it thundered and lightning for about 2 hours.

I personally haven't seen a tornado before... the closest I got was a warning when I was in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan. It was dark and the hail was coming down the size of golf balls and when the lightning went off you could see funnel clouds in the sky. It was pretty creepy but worth seeing.
    Ryan MacWha
    Merchant Manager
    [b]We’ll help you build your affiliate program[/b]
    [b][URL="http://www.maxbounty.com"]MaxBounty 2.0[/URL][/b]

I lived in NC when hurricane Floyd hit. I was right in the heart of the mess. Our entire city was pretty much flooded. All of my friends' houses was inundated with like 10 feet of water. The street right next to mine had become a raging river, while watching cars and junk float all over the place.

If you ever wanted to see what armageddon might be like, then those couple of weeks after the hurricane would've been a good indication.

No electricity, no water, no food. I managed to get by on vienna sausages (bleh), and crackers.. lol (of course it's nothing compared to Katrina, but it was still an adventure).

It's amazing how much we take for granted until it's all gone (something as simple as ice was a luxury).

I definitely appreciate the electricity, clean water, and all the other good stuff now. Wont' take anymore chances..

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread