Anybody know enough Russian to give me an idea what this site is about? http://www.mail.ru

Looks like a portal site to me. Babblefish or Gist don't translate Russian to English. BabbleFish does Russian to French, but that doesn't do me any good 'cause I don't know french either.

Don't need a thourogh translation, just need to know that they aren't advocating the overthrowing of the US, selling children, or some other objectionable activity. Any ideas?

Bob

A Russian to English translator is available at http://www.translate.ru/eng/srvurl.asp

I found it by going to Google, and searching for "Russian to English Translator."

Correction altavista bablefish does do russian to english.

[ 02-09-2002: Message edited by: Heyder ]

Well now I'm thoroughly embarrased and red faced... duh, I feel like an idiot.

Thanks Tracy, that's a site and resource I didn't know about.

I had gone to http://babelfish.altavista.com/ and received an unable to find server error (of course its working now, and yes Heyder it does have Russian to English). So I went to babelfish.com thinking that they had discontinued their relationship with Alta Vista. Instead of poking around a bit, I came to the first 'Free Translation' javascript box which is apparently one of their partner sites... but it didn't include Russian to English. So then I went to Gist.com which has been my back up translator.. no go there. I had another window open to this forum, and I thought, hey I bet somebody there can help... so I posted.

What a day. Time for me to call it a night and get out of here before I convince everyone I'm a complete nutcase. Thanks for the help and hopefully your understanding. Sorry to waste your time :-(

later

Bob

Hi Bob!
    Be more smarter and ask me. I AM RUSSIAN! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

The Mail.ru is just a free e-mail service. That is all! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    It was nice to be useful. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Thanks SWAT! Next time I need a Russian Translation, I'll think of you first! Would you mind if I PM you? I have a couple of quick questions you may be able to help me with.

Bob

NO PROBLEMO! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I always to your services.
    (Sorry for long silence).

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread