Stealth Redirects
    Hi there,

I'm setting up my first affiliate campaign at the moment, hoping to go live later in the week. My question is: will it effect my campaign if I use a stealth redirect to my landing pages?

Here's what I mean by that. I already have a website, lets call it www-examplesite-com but it's completely unrelated to my affiliate campaign. So instead of parting out more moolah for hosting another site I'm planning on using a stealth redirect to a page on examplesite.com that is my landing page.

So if I have PPC ads going for my affiliate campaign for widgets, people click on these to go to www-widgets-affiliate-com but it's actually a stealth redirect to www-examplesite.com-widgets-affiliate-landing-page-html. To the user it will still appear as though they are on www-widgets-affiliate-com.

From there they can click on the offer to go to the merchants site and hopefully buy a widget!

So i'm not trying to dupe anyone into doing anything, or misrepresenting the product, but I wonder whether it will have a negative effect anyway?

My main reason for using the stealth redirect is so I don't have to stump up the cash for another site. This is my first campaign and I want to try and run on as low a budget as possible until I get my head around what's working and what's not.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Cheers,
    Ben.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bsv
    Anyone have any thoughts on this?
    Yep...

Why not do direct-to-merchant landing page instead of redirect from your site?

Hi Donuts,

Thanks for the response!

So your saying do a PPC campaign and direct the clicks straight to the merchant rather than to a landing page on my site?

I think i'm allowed to do that with this merchant but a couple of others I was considering say direct linking isn't allowed. In those cases do you think the stealth redirect would cause problems?

Cheers,
    Ben.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread