ABW Ambassador
    I need to open a merchant account and clickbank seems to be the most popular and affordable way to go. Any comments or suggestions before i take on this new venture.

[ 02-12-2002: Message edited by: JadaKiss ]

I use clickbank for downloadable goods and the built-in affiliate program. No hassles, no problems, and the checks are good and on time.

...sorry JadaKiss, just noticed you specifically asked about using clickbank for services!

[ 02-12-2002: Message edited by: Kat ]

I use ClickBank to sell ads on my site.

Their service is affordable and easy to set up. I always got my check in time.

Karl

[ 02-12-2002: Message edited by: Karl ]

ClickBank is technically not a merchant account, it's a turnkey solution [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] . I so far have been only on the affiliate side, but know that David Cusimano uses them to sell his scripts, and I just walked someone through setting up his site for selling info products. They seem okay.

My host has a whole page on non-merchant account solutions HERE. I slapped together an Excel sheet comparison for the person I walked through CB, and it is sitting in not pretty MS exported HTML (I have permission to copy my host's page and link back to them and will eventually add a sort of summary table based on this ugly thing I exported from the Excel sheet) OVER HERE. It's not really finished, but if it helps, all the better.

And yes, the ClickBank link is an affiliate link, so you don't need to click it, and yes I know I never got back to anchoring the info page links.

Like I said, it's still in the rough, but maybe it can help.

webmistress,

I know this is off of JadaKiss's topic, but I had to say that Your host company is the best hosting company around, bar none and no they are not my host, so I am not trying to give them a free plug. Te**a & De**e or the best.

I can't testify as to Click Bank's credit card setup, but I do use them for other things and the checks are always on time!

John

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks everyone.

I have to agree Tribune. I have only nightmares and headaches with any other hosting situation I've been in. I have officially stopped looking for any other hosts [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] .

They also pay out double affiliate fees ($20 then) if you host your site with them. Not that I'd host all my sites there if they weren't good!

And they have begun to vamp up the affiliate program, including coupons and a newsletter, and said that pages like their non-merchant account options are something they are hoping to offer their affiliates more of on a regular basis.

webmistress,

I left them a year or so back, because of their set-up fees for various things. When you run a lot of sites the fees can get a little costly, but others who brag about service with their hosting companies have no clue what service is unless they have tried FQ.

I didn't know about their affiliate program with C.J. when I was with them I think they handled their own. I'm going over to C.J. and check them out.

Take Care,

John

@Tribune,
    Yeah, I pay out the little $25 fees a lot (lots of IRMs, heck why not put as many domain names on one account as will fit?). But after one more Stinky Host experience where the company was trying to do EVERYTHING by automatic script (which bounced every payment of mine, closed my access after 24 hours of activation due to "high risk" flagging on my payment, and they failed to mention that you don't have your own IP, etc..) I would rather pay the little fees and have amazing up time, amazing service, and easy setup for my mail accounts, autoresponders, mailing lists, and a lot fewer problems FTPing than I've had anywhere else.

I setup a friend at another cheapo host (one time fee, so it's very low risk investment for her), and my skin was crawling while I did it. My business partner and I may not agree on leaks in affiliate programs, but we certainly agree that we would rather put our money into good hosting than skimp on it and whine about the host. Especially since I get past whining and start screaming and tantruming since I'm the technical part of the team. :eek:

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread