More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Why is Google Not Indexing New Pages?
    If these experienced webmasters can not get their new pages indexed, it is no wonder my new pages are not being indexed either.

http://www.webproworld.com/viewtopic.php?t=64038
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

I have RSS feeds, submitted sitemaps (Google and Yahoo) and get nicely indexed. I mean new content pages that are indexed from my article directory.
    [LEFT][B]Good partners = top positions[/B]
    see screenshots with [url=www.autolinkexchanger.com]PROOFS[/url]
    [url=www.autolinkexchanger.com]Automatic Reciprocal Links Exchange Script[/url]
    [url=www.profitlinking.com]Link exchange service[/url] - best price in the industry + [url=www.profitlinking.com/free-service-contest.htm]free contest[/url][/LEFT]

I've been getting indexed right away. I think a lot of it has to do with incoming links and their value. Google loves a strong incoming link from a high traffic site or blog.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Yes and this is what is wrong with Google right now. Links should having othing to do with getting indexed. Ranked yes, but not indexed.

In any case, search engines need some content otpimizers to make their indexing of all info faster, still not losing the value.

I mean for google its much easier to index info from sitemap, then index all the info from site, beyond normal reach. Sitemap or RSS or simple text link or vieos with keywords (remember Google Video Ads) - all that can work as content optimizer - some technology that helps to to make indexing faster, binding it to search terms.

And now sit on your chairs. I saw some news in the net saying that they started to test some cranky aglorythm that turns video into... keywords. The algorythm somehow is capable of analyzing the video information and poiting out objects, defining them and turning into keywords.

Imagine turning 'Terminator' into keywords
    [url=www.profitlinking.com]Link exchange service[/url] - best price in the industry + [url=www.profitlinking.com/free-service-contest.htm]free contest[/url][/LEFT]

Quote Originally Posted by jackson992
    Yes and this is what is wrong with Google right now. Links should having othing to do with getting indexed. Ranked yes, but not indexed.
    I think this is just Google's physical limitation. They use links to determine whether or not a site should be indexed more frequently. I'm sure those spiders are working as hard as they can to collect data, it's just what data to collect?

I believe they're getting better at timing your updates as well. If you don't update your pages frequently, the spiders will come less frequently. I think daily updates are the least you can do to keep them busy coming back.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I'm having the opposite problem.

Getting new pages indexed within several days to a week (ranking well in SERP's is an altogether different story though).

But many pages I removed from several sites over a year ago are still in the index and bringing in a fair bit of traffic to a big 404 welcome.

OOOPS just realized was an old POST, LOL GethsemeneRose's Avatar
    well I am so new nobody is linked to me yet but my pages were indexed almost right away because I used freesitemapgenerator.com they create a sitemap for your site then ping it to google. it is VERY SLOW because it is free but it did the job of getting me indexed.
    :gnome: [URL]www.gethsemenerose.com[/URL] :gnome: As for me and my SITE we shall serve the LORD!

Quote Originally Posted by GethsemeneRose
    well I am so new nobody is linked to me
    BTW, no problems to linking even if you are new. All sites need links, in you are in their niche - it is ok to exchange links with you as every relevant link counts.

The Google-hatesme! Guy
    2006 Winner Lazarus award
    PM Me....
    Quote Originally Posted by jackson992
    Links should having othing to do with getting indexed. Ranked yes, but not indexed.
    What's the difference in practical terms? Not showing up in the SERPs is pretty much the same as not showing up in the index.

Grab all the free links (feeds, podcasts, press releases etc.) then start building traffic links. So long as your link anchor text is "keyword correct", you can just focus on building link traffic and your eventual high positioning in the SERPs will be sweet gravy.

- Chad

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Not at all you would be surprised how much a unique phrase will come up if you are inthe supplemental index. But if you're not indexed you don't even get that.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread