admit this is a really stupid question
    I keep seeing this thread and have avoided looking at it because I didn't understand what it was. I know...probably sound like a dummy but...fessing up to having looked at it and still not quite sure what it's all about. lol I've read through some of the posts but definitely not all and think I may understand but not quite sure. Are you placing orders at sites you're affiliated with in order to see if they credit the order to confirm if they're reliable or not in their tracking? Or is this a way to tell if parasites or adware are effecting such sites? If this is correct, than I'm assuming this is a good way for affilitates to know which are the good sites and which are not?

Have to again fess up to the fact that I don't really know which sites are supposed to be trusted or not or how to tell which are and which aren't. I know that there have been purchases made at a few sites where people have actually given me the information regarding their purchases and I've given it to the sites but I've never received credit for them or in one case even gotten a reply from the merchant. Ummm obviously I don't have that merchant on my site anymore but other than that I don't know how to tell if a site is trustworthy or not.
    Seems like you all know what this is about so sorry for butting in here to try to find out but have a feeling it's something I'm going to want to know about and figure fessing up to my dumminess is the only way to find out. lol

Quote Originally Posted by purplebear
    I keep seeing this thread and have avoided looking at it because I didn't understand what it was. I know...probably sound like a dummy but...fessing up to having looked at it and still not quite sure what it's all about. lol I've read through some of the posts but definitely not all and think I may understand but not quite sure. Are you placing orders at sites you're affiliated with in order to see if they credit the order to confirm if they're reliable or not in their tracking?Or is this a way to tell if parasites or adware are effecting such sites? If this is correct, than I'm assuming this is a good way for affilitates to know which are the good sites and which are not?

Have to again fess up to the fact that I don't really know which sites are supposed to be trusted or not or how to tell which are and which aren't.
    Purplebear,

Don't you go feel too bad about those questions, there are no stupid questions, maybe there are stupid answers to any simple question, because the one that know the answer may think that everyone else should know the answer to that question already.

I too have being seeing this thread, and wondering if I should post or not, about a merchant that is supposed to track but, it didn't for me.

Wth, here I go.

Last February someone I know purchased some luggage from ebags after using one of my CJ links to ebags, the link tracked, on CJ I saw the details of the sale, the luggage was paid and delivered to the customer, but I didn't get any commission from that sale.

After a couple of weeks of trying to get an explanation from ebags, they never replied to the problem, so I just removed all of their links from my sites last month.

I could care less if other affiliates are making money with them and are happy getting some sales, but since I know that I didn't get paid for just that one valid sale, I will not trust sending them any more customers.

I would give the benefit of the doubt to anyone, even if I am not too sure about them, and while I know that sometimes I may get taken for a ride for being too trusting, once I discover that I am in bad company, I will sever that relationship immediately.

Well, I vented my only complain that I had pending about confirmed lost commission, so now I feel better and ready to travel, but with another set of luggage.

Now it would be too late, for me to accept any payment for that couple of dollars commission that was stolen from me in February, so this post was just to vent my disappointment and I have done that already, so.......

Over and Out.

Sal.

ABW Ambassador
    It's basically a forum where people post their test purchases on merchants and if those purchases are showing up in the reports. For example today I purchased some things thru a Drugstore.com link on my site. So if I see that purchase show up in my reports, I know it tracked fine. If after I received the merchandise and it still hasn't shown up, there is a problem. So it's good for people to post here when they shop to keep track if there are any problems.

So it's good for people to post here when they shop to keep track if there are any problems.

Thanks both of your for the explanation and for not making me feel stupid about asking the question. Sounds like a really good idea and will have to check the other posts now

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread