Effective example of keyword ranking - Copyscape
    This is amazing how some businesses do promotion for the keyword and grab super ranking.

Submit to Google 'web site content' and you see on rank #1 - Copyscape. It is not easy to grab such a keyword and hold the position for long, because there are 440,000 direct competitors for this keyword (just checked with allinanchor in Google) and over 3,070,000,000 results in the whole for this combination of 3 keywords.

SIMPLE MATH:

3,070,000,000 - 440,000 = 3,069, 560, 000

OR?

3+ Billion Pages!

And the most important is to make sure that you link with logo and keywords is standing on a big amount of this pages. Good pages, because those who protect content with Copyscape are targeted users, many of them might have 'web site content' even in the page content. What a good match for search engines!

And what is a good button standing on many pages? Tons of backlink to mother-site and having proper keyword in the alt of a picture or text in the link. And everything is fair. They give quality service.
    [LEFT][B]Good partners = top positions[/B]
    see screenshots with [url=www.autolinkexchanger.com]PROOFS[/url]
    [url=www.autolinkexchanger.com]Automatic Reciprocal Links Exchange Script[/url]
    [url=www.profitlinking.com]Link exchange service[/url] - best price in the industry + [url=www.profitlinking.com/free-service-contest.htm]free contest[/url][/LEFT]

ABW Ambassador
    So basically they grabbed that keyword and held on by avoiding the services in your sig?

Google reports just 18,000 backlinks to Copyscape, but if you do a keyword search for "Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search" (which is the ALT text for the button), you get 314,000 matches which is probably more likely.

I use Copyscape (actually I used Copysentry which is the paid service) - there are so many links to copyscape.com simply because of the banners that Copyscape give you to put on your site to warn off potential site copiers. It's a neat way of getting backlinks, because the link/button element is actually of some value to the webmaster as well as Copyscape.

IMO, Copysentry is definitely worth investing in if you have some high-value pages that you want to protect.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Quote Originally Posted by chetf
    So basically they grabbed that keyword and held on by avoiding the services in your sig?
    You are the king of quick on this board chet. To funny...

Linkbait...offer a free service get a link in return er sumthin' like that...
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Quote Originally Posted by suzigeek
    Linkbait...offer a free service get a link in return er sumthin' like that...
    Yes, but I saw tons of web sites that offer SEO tools for free, just for the sake of getting link to them in reward. And not so many of the tools got successful.

Maybe linkbaiting comes down not only to offering a free service. Something has to ignite you to use them and have that link on your page. Dynamoo is right saying that Copyscape used psychological trick = put it and they will be affraid to steal.
    [url=www.profitlinking.com]Link exchange service[/url] - best price in the industry + [url=www.profitlinking.com/free-service-contest.htm]free contest[/url][/LEFT]

Quote Originally Posted by chetf
    Maybe you are ready to invest the same money as Copyscape to reach that results?
    Last edited by IMcredo; June 8th, 2006 at 09:58 AM.

Yes, but I saw tons of web sites that offer SEO tools for free, just for the sake of getting link to them in reward. And not so many of the tools got successful.
    Its just like fishing you have to have the right kind of lure. There are plenty of bad fisherman out there. Writing articles with your link is another kind of link baiting...your offering content for a link...there are tons of different things to offer.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

The Google-hatesme! Guy
    2006 Winner Lazarus award
    PM Me....
    I know a SEO tycoon who just specializes in designing link-bait campaigns. It's a pretty different world in his head.

- Chad

Oh, and I'm pretty sure the alt text on an image has no SEO effect. It's all about anchor text.

I just checked and freesticky.com is #1 for "web site content", better call a board meeting, LOL

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aahh
    I know a SEO tycoon who just specializes in designing link-bait campaigns. It's a pretty different world in his head.

- Chad
    Is he any good at it?
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by JJJay
    I just checked and freesticky.com is #1 for "web site content", better call a board meeting, LOL
    Right you are - new king of the hill. MSN links: says 5,377 results containing link:www.freesticky.com, Google says 9,500 for link: www.freesticky.com

This is with 2,520 pages indexed from the site by Google and MSN = 900 pages containing site:www.freesticky.com

Real value on site + good linking.

Ha, Alexa shows their traffic is falling.

Internet Cowboy
    IMcredo is a perfect example of why ABW needs a change. Either do away with signatures all together or have post requirements in excess of 2000 before a signature is activated.

This is nothing but snake oil and this guy has faked his way through enough posts to now be able to SPAM ABW with his stupid ass claims like
    Within Next 10 Days MSN.com Will Rank Your Site On The Top Of Results For Any Keyword You Want.
    I will buy your package if you will sign a contract that says that you will pay me $50,000 if I do not get the top result on MSN for my keyword within 10 days. Put your money where your mouth is snake oil salesman.

Why don't I see you here:
    http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q...ware&Form=MSNH

or here:
    http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q...ment&FORM=QBRE

or here:
    http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q...tion&FORM=QBRE

has a word for this. It begins with W and ends with K and has "an" in the middle.

The Google-hatesme! Guy
    2006 Winner Lazarus award
    PM Me....
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    Is he any good at it?
    Yes. He even showed me the secret he used to for dominating the keyword "ssl". White-hat but clever.

I can't post the exact technique -- but the principle is straightforward: give people a reason to link to you and then make sure your keyword is in the link text.

- Chad

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q...ware&Form=MSNH

or here:
    http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q...ment&FORM=QBRE

or here:
    http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q...tion&FORM=QBRE

has a word for this. It begins with W and ends with K and has "an" in the middle.

Simple. Because I was not bidding on the keywords you mentioned. With my testing web sites I was not bidding link exchange niche, and the sites are still there on top - even that I left link exchange with them 7 weeks ago.

And if you talk about my sales site. I am promoting a keyword in my site title, and already got #1 in Google for it within less than 8 days - check it, Google is not lying. The keyword is big, but who starts with the most difficult - in a while I will change the anchors in my directory and will start fighting on bigger keywords. Plus, exclude last word from site title - my press release is #1 Google. Exclude another word from the end, leaving 3 words only - #1 Google too.

I could get more, but too many links at once is bad, I don't want to play bad games with my sites.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I will check your keyword and see what can be done there to get MSN top for you.

Internet Cowboy
    It only makes sense that you would put your own sales site atop the SERPs to make money.
    If you could make any page come up atop the SERPs in a matter of weeks you could make $3 million in 3 months. I can show you how to do this for $595.
    Take your bullshit elsewhere.

I can only hope an alert MOD decides to save ABW's newbie members some money and removes your signature permission before anyone falls for your con.

Every BS'er always has some bull about why there site isn't ranking but they can get your site to rank!!

Its amazing to me how much of it goes around. There must be ALOT of suckers out there
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

If you could make any page come up atop the SERPs in a matter of weeks you could make $3 million in 3 months. I can show you how to do this for $595.
    Using proper keywords I can.

By the way, if you can make any page for $595 then you can also make millions in 3 months (following your logics). I think you tell the truth. If $595 to $3 mln is possible, why $197 to $3 mln is impossible? And better turn that into PMs. Or start a separate thread about me - will be glad to answer any questions.

Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Quote Originally Posted by IMcredo
    Using proper keywords I can.

By the way, if you can make any page for $595 then you can also make millions in 3 months (following your logics). I think you tell the truth. If $595 to $3 mln is possible, why $197 to $3 mln is impossible? And better turn that into PMs. Or start a separate thread about me - will be glad to answer any questions.
    The reply to: "Using proper keywords I can." bother me a little bit, but when I saw the famous $197 amount, it just reminded me of the old "Make Your Site Sell" program , Being there, done that, thanks, but no thanks.

I have no time for that $197 program anymore.

Internet Cowboy
    From his site: "Do Nothing Be First"

This is the typical "something for nothing" mindset that so many wannabe web entrepreneurs have these days. He wrote a script to find sites that rank for a keyword and send the domain contact an email soliciting a link exchange. HOW ORIGINAL. That must have taken all of a half a day to do.

If this guy could make sites show up first he would make his own show up first and it does not. This makes him just another idiot thinking he can come here and fool ABW members.

From his site: "Do Nothing Be First"

This is the typical "something for nothing" mindset that so many wannabe web entrepreneurs have these days. He wrote a script to find sites that rank for a keyword and send the domain contact an email soliciting a link exchange. HOW ORIGINAL. That must have taken all of a half a day to do.

If this guy could make sites show up first he would make his own show up first and it does not. This makes him just another idiot thinking he can come here and fool ABW members.
    #1. So, no PM with the keyword you need. Seems like $50,000 contract idea got lost in the frenzy of conversation.

#2. I don't think calling ABW members, even those members whom you don't like, idiots is a proper way to do. At least this is not worth to assosiate your reputation with.

#3. Thanks for all suggestions you've made. I will surely take them into account for the tool's positioning. Winners are those who manage to build victories even out of the critisism. Surely I would better like to see how you want to critisise the idea of finding the sites (when many other suffer from it), or maybe critisising the automation of link exchange directory, and its SEO components - this will give by far more fruitful field for brainstorm. But I cannot ask you for a favor to do that against your will.

#4. Do nothing - be first. Do nothing = install and setup, if we compare that to all huge manual labor that has to be done manually, this is real spit in the ocean that is very close to do nothing. Be first - already first on some keywords, on easier keywords - faster, on tougher - longer. But the tool uses mechanisms that work.

#5. Cheating ABW members is impossible. Plus cheated person is a short-time value, Internet works better with long-term value principles. It is better to have 1 satisfied member, instead of 10 cheated, because 1 satisfied will reward you many times.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread