Shoeline.com...Anyone else having problems?
    I've been with Shoeline.com for a couple of years and although not great, I get sales every week. What I'm writing about today is to see if anyone else has been having problems communicating with ther affiliate manager, Paul Mellet? The only contact information I've ever had is through CJ mail and it takes weeks for him to answer with constant appologies for not getting back to me. Then, he usually just gives me some stock reply, not answering all my questions and I have to ask again and wait again. I've asked for a different way to contact him but he never gave one.

I even went to the management of the company about a month ago and was told they would get right back to me. Well, a month later and two more emails to management, still no response.

Shoeline.com has some products (and larger variety) than some other merchants and I'd still like to promote those items, but this is ridiculous.

Has anyone else had any problems, or is it just me?
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Am I the only one using this merchant or am I the only one having communication problems? Anyone?
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I haven't had any problems with Paul or Shoeline. In fact, I've had pretty good experiences with him...

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Ron,

here's an email I sent Paul on 5/24 - never got a response either.

-------- Original Message --------
    Subject: Expired Links
    Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 06:39:16 -0700
    To: melletp at hhbrown.com

paul

you REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY need to update your CJ links!!!

every link I click on says expired

or - my favorites - the one that don't know if they're expired or not:

*** This ad will expire in 15 days. ***
    Promotional Dates 26-Sep-2005 - 5-Oct-2005
    *** This promotion has ended. ***

Billy
    Bad links and unresponsive AM... hmmmm... program COULD be a LOT better with just a MINIMUM of effort on their part

ABW Ambassador
    This is one of the worries I have with the new links. Merchants are going to be in charge of updating them and I don't want to see this on my site.

Well, even when he does repond he misses the mark. Here is one of the last reponses I got from him, in answer to my question listed below:

Should I be using a different means to contact you. This method takes forever.

Sent you a message here several days ago inquiring about the extended transactions going all the way back to Feb. 1st. Can you get back to me on that?

Ron

--- Original Message Separator ---

Ron,

THis is simply the way our transaction system works. If you don't like it, feel free to opt out.

Paul
    I've got to tell you, I was not very happy. I was asking a legitimate question about a high number of extended transactions going way back, asking what might be a better way to reach him and he sluffed me off by saying "feel free to opt out."

Well, I wrote to one of the managers at the mother company, HHBrown, and recieved this message from a Janice Baber:

Ron,

I appreciate you sending me the below correspondence. I will discuss this with Frank who is the VP of Operations. One of us will get back to you!

Janice
    That was back in the middle of April and it's now June....no response. I even emailed her three more times about it and no response.

I guess with all this I was wondering if it was just me or this was happening to others. From what Billy Kay is telling us, sounds like their Affiliate Manger has really dropped the ball, what with all those bad and outdated links out there. I pretty much use the datafeed, but guess I need to check my links now too.

A check of the New Hampshire BBB shows that they are Doing Business As Vision Retailing, Inc., of which I could find no information about on the internet.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

drop them... if they literally told you to feel free to opt out, i don't see them valuing the relationship that much. if something bad happens down the road, I can't imagine them sticking up for you. Thanks for posting about your experience, that way we know not to promote them.

Well, I finally got a a response on June 2nd for the email I sent their AM on May 22. And, to my surprise, he actually answered my question.

Still, eleven days is still too long to respond to questions.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread