Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Does anyone know of a good SEO firm
    I'm looking to hire someone to do the SEO on my two sites. I know nothing about it and I have no way of knowing who is good and who isn't. Does anyone here have any recommendations?

ABW Ambassador
    Greg Niland aka GoodROI

Arrow Seo
    Hi maae10,

I do SEO work if you are interested I will look over your websites and quote you a price. You can contact me thru this post I entered you on my buddy list.

Thanks
    Clarence

My former room mate works at RazorFish...I think its expensive to hire them though - they are supposed to be one of the best. If you want I can refer.

Glad that you asked this. Does anyone have a ballpark on what a pro SEO person would charge? After doing my own sites for years, I'm thinking I could benefit by handing the reigns over to someone with a bigger clue than me, so I'm curious.

about $1000/month is the going rate for basic seo for a small site. There are a lot of firms doing seo, but finding a good one is tough. Be sure to check BBB, call references, and check them out thoroughly. Then it's still a big gamble.
    Its probably best to try yourself first. Figure out what kind of market you're going after, and then write lots & lots of pages of info about it, then read some seo forums, and get your meta-tags, and other stuff clean, try to get good inbound links, and do a lot of praying.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm looking to hire someone to do the SEO on my two sites.
    First things you have to look at what the potential is for earnings on your site - particularly if it's an affiliate site - and how much of an investment there would be to break even on the expenditure. Then you have to look at how much of a budget you've got and for how long you're willing to enter into arrangements for. It isn't a one time thing.

Yes, some folks do a consultation and analysis to tell you what your site needs, which is a good option IMHO. Pricing for that varies, depending on the scope of the site and whether you're inquiring of a "big name" or a "no-name". Some have a fixed rate for a "feasibility study" while others will work with you if it's a small start-up. All flavors and varieties of differences out there.

I've been doing SEO for several years and can personally vouch for the fact that out of all the sites that inquire, there are many that SEO wouldn't be a wise investment for, because the earnings potential of the site wouldn't justify the fees, even at "bargain discount" rates. Some will be up front and tell you one way or another, and some will take your money anyway.

I know nothing about it and I have no way of knowing who is good and who isn't.
    If you don't know anything about it then right, you have no way of knowing.

Does anyone here have any recommendations?
    Yep! Educate yourself first so when the time comes you can make an informed choice.

I am interested in this too...at what point do you just say: Okay, we should hire someone to do nothing but this?

Quote Originally Posted by IronChef253
    I am interested in this too...at what point do you just say: Okay, we should hire someone to do nothing but this?
    I'm usually pretty optimistic about stuff, but I know people who've been looking for an seo person to hire for about 6 mos. The problems I've seen is that they don't have the experience, or success rate, or they don't seem like they'll stick around long enough.
    A better alternative may be to find some tactics that work for your site, then hire someone and train them on what works for you, and point them at the right resources, and then work together closely for a while until they get the skills.

Since my room mate works at a major consulting firm I guilted him into doing a consultation for us (he broke my guitar once when he was drunk)

...at a lower than normal rate that is.

They offer two options: A one time "big report" type of thing where they just tell you what you should be doing. The other is to actually hire them to run things for you and involves a monthly fee of several thousand dollars.

I am going to go with the "big report" because I personally want to know how to do this. I want to see what the professionals say - they do other things including help you optimize your website / its design. I want to be running the program but I'd like to start out with a healthy bit of professional guidance.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I second the vote for Greg Niland, but without knowing your budget, recommending anyone in particular is premature.

As you grow in this industry, you'll need to learn a lot about this work even if it's just to know later that your seo firm's pricing is fair. So if you outsource it, don't stop there. Read until you're ready to . And right before you heave all over tarnation, go get a few more backlinks. As you learn, try to focus on techniques, strategies and tools to more efficiently get you backlinks. OnPage seo stuff is the obvious end of things and gets talked about a lot. Backlinks are boring drudgery, but offpage is vastly more important in the grand scheme of things.

CPA Network Rep
    I would recommend my company, but I don't want to get rung up for blatant advertising. SEO is something that you can pick up yourself if you are willing to dig a little bit to find good content and actually spend the time to learn it.

Outsourced Program Manager Sarah Bundy's Avatar
    I would also recommend us as well but since we can't advertise for ourselves I would suggest looking up Brad Callen (SEO Elite). He wrote a good book on SEO and I think he's doing a promo if you sign up for one of his newsletters you get a copy for free. that promo might be over but I would encourage you to take a look anyway.

I'm not sure what the link is but you can do a search for his name or the product in google. It will come up all over the place.

Personally, I never found doing SEO myself very difficult. That said, may I suggest trying to have your own hand at it! It may be a good learning experience, and as I noted, it's not very hard to understand. Getting top rankings in Google for your keywords is another thing though, as that can be very unpredictable at times. Point is though, if you have the time, educate yourself in SEO, then try it for yourself, and you never know you may become a whiz at it :P

Of course, the classic answer is "just type SEO into Google and hire whoever is at the top".
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

LOL LOL LOL thread bump for a new customer....... Greg.....I would recommend my company, but I don't want to get rung up for blatant advertising. SEO is something that you can pick up yourself if you are willing to dig a little bit to find good content and actually spend the time to learn it.
    Look at the dates you might be a bit to late
    and if you don't want to get rung up then don't recommend your company to someone who hasn't posted anything since may of 08 on a thread that was started in 2006. Any body know how much a advertisement costs around here?
    Wear Short Sleeves!!! Support the right to bare arms!

Quote Originally Posted by jodyq
    Any body know how much a advertisement costs around here?
    http://www.abestweb.com/advertising/

Thanks! Thats pretty cheep...........hint hint........
    Wear Short Sleeves!!! Support the right to bare arms!

SEO consultants recommeded
    SEOMoz
    SEOInc
    Beanstalk
    TreehouseSEM

all 4 very very good

Rimm-Kaufman Group in Charlottesville, VA
    www.rimmkaufman.com
    Dyan Carlson
    ["My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness."- The Dalai Lama

ABW Ambassador
    Bruce Clay

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamoo
    Of course, the classic answer is "just type SEO into Google and hire whoever is at the top".
    Haha, true! they may deserve it after all!

i am interested to learn SEO. Any kind guru who is willing to share?

Solid Cactus has done a wonderful job for us. I love the fact that you have an all American team. No offense to those from the sub-continent but it is easier to have people who not only understand your language but also your culture. Communication is so important in this as in many aspects of on-line marketing,
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

how can I reach Solid Cactus ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast